Octavia MK2 Stereo Upgrade

Hi all,

I have a 2010 Octavia vrs mk2 with a Bolero stereo which I am looking to upgrade. Ideally I would like one with Dab radio, Bluetooth for phone calls and if possible, sat nav or mapping software of some description. Ideally the screen would show the temperature settings data etc like the Bolero currently does.

Is anyone able to suggest a stereo that would do all of this? 

Thanks in advance,

Craig.

Any of the dedicated VAG ones be they expensive Android or cheap WinCE units usually with the shaped faceplate will be compatible with all that was displayed on the OE radio screen. Read the small print carefully though, it will depend on the year and functionality, on mine the parking sensors showed but the temp settings didn't, no issue because they showed on the Climatronic and Maxidot anyway.

And the "dedicated" ones sold at a higher price aside from having the right faceplate size if you are lucky you will find can be programmed (if you get the factory) code to be compatible with the Canbus data protocoles from 100's of world wide  manufacturers many I had never heard of, all thats "dedicated" about them is they are pre-programmed and should work out of the box.

Edited by J.R.