Trunk lock options?

Boot stays locked on mine even if the drivers door has opened.  

I have my car set up so that if the driver door opens the rest of the car remains locked.  You can change this in the car setup of the infotainment system.  

I believe its located in the same menu where you can find the distance/time before service inspection.  From memory it is CAR>SETTINGS> and there should be an option for locking/security.

Or just press the unlock button by the gearstick in leaving the car

That I know, I've set that driver door to open all doors and trunk, but if passenger opens the door the doors open but the trunk is still closed, then I have to do lock again and unlock with button next to gear shifter or open the driver door. 

Edited by FrankLK

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, I didn't want to open a new topic since my query is somehow also regarding the trunk / boot lid. How do you guys open the trunk using the remote control? If I press once short, nothing happens. If I press once longthe lid opens, maybe 10 cm and then closes afterwards and I have to keep pressing a second time to have it opened full. I don't think if this is the way to open it, am I missing something, or its a faulty unit somewhere?

I did a video on it for you to see:

Thank you in advance for your opinion

1 hour ago, dr_dumi said:

I even have an error în obd11. Any ideas?

Like it says "Hall sensor in motor 2 for rear hatch Signal error" so either the wiring to the sensor has a break, the hall sensor has been knocked/moved or the hall sensor is faulty.

Time to find where motor 2 is in the rear hatch and do some basic fault finding now that OBD11 has pointed you to the problem area.

1 hour ago, dr_dumi said:

Yes, but why is it working ok at the second try?

At a guess, because the tailgate is not fully latched closed so the operation (or lack of) of the hall sensor is not as important.

Either way, that's the only fault being shown so you'll need to fix that.

• Like 1

On my 2017 hatch it is;  press unlock twice for all doors and boot to unlock.  If car is fully locked and you just want to open the boot, press the centre button once and you get one time access.  I worry about dropping the key in there and then locking it !  Is it a boot or a trunk?  I come from driving some pretty old cars and with some, you had to provide your own 'trunk' and fit it to the back usually with a carrier.  Sorry - I digress again.

42 minutes ago, Oldmansomerset said:

On my 2017 hatch it is;  press unlock twice for all doors and boot to unlock.  If car is fully locked and you just want to open the boot, press the centre button once and you get one time access.  I worry about dropping the key in there and then locking it !  Is it a boot or a trunk?  I come from driving some pretty old cars and with some, you had to provide your own 'trunk' and fit it to the back usually with a carrier.  Sorry - I digress again.

It's a trunk if you speak American English, otherwise it's a boot.

BTW there is a tweak to delay the boot locking, see Enable boot lid lock delay - it's saved me from locking the keys in the boot a couple of times!

5 hours ago, Oldmansomerset said:

SWMBO did just that with my Octavia when loading groceries. Luckily a taxi ride home and back with spare keys went well. I rarely open just the tailgate because of the self locking risk.

Frank, very good observation. With kessy, key în my pocket, pressning the boot Lid button, the trunk opens normally, without any issues what so ever. I activated from obd11 the trunk closing from the key button and it also works flawlessly. The only problem remains while trying to open from the key button.