VRS - Tuning Box vs. Remap

A Remap of a CAVE Twincharger would be the best plan.  APR Stage 1 and not REVO even if you could get a REVO stage 1 now.

The TMC Tuning box did plenty of people rather well with CAVE engine cars, that was the 3 cable ones and not the 2 cable that because available and suited the South American cars and fuel and not UK / Europe and Unleaded or SuperUnleaded.

The Blue Spark Tuning boxes also did well for those on here that used them. 

The guys selling them were helpful to the members that bought them.

For anyone interested if they do a search they will see the numerous threads from 2010 on about TMC / Blue Spark tuning boxes used with a 1.4TSI 132-136kW twincharger.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/209657-14tsi-14-mile-leaderboard

@VRS-Powered & @apmaman  were running the TMC tuning boxes for quite a while.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

I told myself I wasn't going to remap or try to push too much out of the engine as mine seems to be a good one. No misfiring or oil burning as of yet.

But, like everyone I'm sure, starting to crave more, especially after narrowly edging a mk1 VRS the other day (hooning, I know, couldn't be helped).

The tuning box that I was looking at was a TDI one. I am reluctant on remap as I had a bad experience with one on a Seat Leon 1.9TDI I used to have. Completely ****ed the engine up, and that was a 'reputable' garage.

There is no issue with the APR remap, there was with the REVO with a CAVE Engine.

Shark before going into receivership were not doing Twinchargers but maybe they are now under new ownership.

AmD or Darkside might well do a custom map for you or one they have.

The Stage 1 maps are better than the VW Engine Management / mapping.   & a good remap better than a tuning box.

If you are worried then just leave well alone, but tried and tested engine management really is not an issue, apart from the crappy REVO for a 1.4TSI / TFSI Twincharger.

TMC  / Bluespark Tuning boxes on CAVE engines have never been reported as the cause of their demise on this forum.

Sh1tty engines OEM were.

There were issues reported when they were used on CTHE in the 2 years or so no remaps were available and member used them.

4 minutes ago, AmusedMussel said:

They're not a million miles from me. How much am I looking at for a remap?

I think I was £500 for engine and ecu, I sat there and Christoz(Uk shop manager) went through every fine deal of what he was doing and what values meant what, he explained future mods etc, about a dozen of us all met up at costa coffee before remapping with the RTMG guys and made a day off it.

Edited by Mickmartin

That sounds like it would have been fun. Just wanna see what the car is like with 200bhp+

Though, I do want to find a dyno for me to see where its at now. None of the local garages have one though/or are willing to just dyno with no extra services