Fog lights too low

175GDY

As far as I can see there is no beam setting test for the fog lights. I suspect they mean the head light dipped beam is too low. Mind you the OP is (reportedly) in Norway so perhaps they have different rules.

I had a UK mot done before reregistering the Yeti in France, my pal who is the tester picked up that a foglight beam was too high (probably from the accident) and adjusted it. I have also had the same during a CT test in France on the Octavia so I know they put the beam tester on them and assume its part of the test régime but the French CT guy is a friend also so maybe not.

Certainly if misaligned they are equally problematic to oncoming traffic as misaligned headlamps.

Editted. I googled, you are right, ony testable after 2018 and maybe it could be failed under B2 defective lens   "such that emitted light is adversely affected"

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1

On 08/07/2020 at 22:32, langers2k said:

It'll probably be the black hex adjustment screw above the fog lamp, to the right of this picture:

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks, I will try turning that adjustment screw and see what happens.👍

Someone on another forum posted a copy of the advisories on their French CT certificate asking what they meant in English, one was foglight aim too high so over here it is tested although not a failure just an advisory.

11 hours ago, 175GDY said:

Thanks, I will try turning that adjustment screw and see what happens.👍

Don't forget that the fog light cannot individually be adjusted as the whole light unit is one piece, so turning that screw is also going to alter the settings for the dipped and main beam.

• Groan 1