New iPhone SE issues

I just got a new iPhone SE from work and paired it to the car.

Some issues:

1. The Skoda display asks me for a PIN code but then won't accept any pin entry.  (If I enter the PIN on the phone it goes away).

2. If you make a call it's impossible to end the call without completely turning the phone off.

I haven't tried CarPlay yet as I prefer the Columbus navigation features and the voice control.

Anyone else had these issues? Anyone else got an iPhone SE connected to their Superb? 

I think you need to 'forget' the car's bluetooth then restart the infotainment system (hold the power button for 10sec) then repair as per this thread:

BTW you can still use Columbus navigation and Voice Control with CarPlay connected, pressing the home button and selecting Navigation meanwhile short pressing the voice button on your steering wheel will activate the normal Voice Control system. I only use CarPlay so I don't use my actual phone to change music on Spotify.

• 3 weeks later...

Skoda Camberley checked the car today and Bluetooth is up to date and working correctly.

Every other phone we have tried works just fine on the car (we've tested iPhone 6s & 7, Samsung Galaxy S8 and S20).

So I called Apple and to cut a very long story short (with very long wait times and the representatives following a script) it seems that Apple have changed the Bluetooth hardware and subsequent software in the latest generation of phones and blame the car manufacturer for 'not keeping up'.

So beware. iPhone 11 and SE 2nd gen Bluetooth won't work with your Superb Mk3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have seen the request for PIN several times but just cancelled it (switch to media or radio and back to phone and it went away).

I have a personal 6s currently running 13.6 and a work provided 8 running 13.5.1 (due an upgrade)

• 3 weeks later...

I also have the new Iphone SE in my Superb 3. It will connect, but whenever i receive a call the system freezes and I cannot answer, so interesting to see others are having similar issues. Switching it off and back on again is the only way to unfreeze the headunit.

I normally connect via carplay for music, so will just continue with that for now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We're on iPhone 11 not SE but same issues, hangs at end of calls, won't disconnect or revert to radio or music or whatever you were listening to, and pretty dreadful call quality. Upgrading to 14.0.1 now and will see what occurs... 

('17 Kodiaq Edition with Columbus, but seems to work fine with '68 Octavia SE Tech with Amundsen)