Help with Android Auto

Hi all, 

New to the forum and Skoda, so please go easy on me😁....

Trying to connect my Samsung S9+ (Android 10) via original USB to the colombus system in my 2026 SE-L but keep getting the error ' check the settings on the mobile device and connection...'

My phone also tried to download a new certificate which keeps failing.

I have android auto installed as versio. 4.9.594 which is old as I was told it may be the newer version that was causing an issue.

Really not  sure where to go next. Can anyone help me?

P.s. tried a search,but struggled to find anything similar.

What does the phone do when you plug it in?  Android has a function where you can set what the usb does at different times.  Like charge only, data transfer or live feed.  Cant remember what is needed for AA as its been ages since I had to set up a new phone on it but have a play.  It should pop up when you plug it in or dig in the settings.

Ps. Welcome 😀

Cheers mate, it usually starts charging and asks to allow data transfer which I allow.

Should I also try a factory reset of the unit as it had a previous owner upto me last week?

Android 10 should have android auto built in to the system. So you should not download it separately.

In inital setup, you have to also give access rights to android auto and setup it from phone screen. After that, is should run automatically.

I have used Android auto with Samsung 9+ (with android 9 + separate app download and with android 10 + built in android auto).

Thanks all...

I am now sorted! When allowing access I somehow missed the allow android auto option! Der.....

As an aside, is it ok to update to the latest version of AA as I am running an old one?

Cheers

37 minutes ago, smithymartyn said:

Thanks all...

I am now sorted! When allowing access I somehow missed the allow android auto option! Der.....

As an aside, is it ok to update to the latest version of AA as I am running an old one?

Cheers

Yes, of course. I'm using the latest version, and it's good

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Paikesejanku said:

Android 10 should have android auto built in to the system. So you should not download it separately.

I thought I was fairly up to date with Android knowledge. Didn't know this.  Is there any reason to install the app when on Android 10+? Does it give any additional options like the auto start when connected to the car etc. Or does it just work? Whenever family/friends ask about it I always say to install the app and set it up before plugging into the car as it removes the initial setup process and also has a more successful launch rate when plugging in.

2 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

I thought I was fairly up to date with Android knowledge. Didn't know this.  Is there any reason to install the app when on Android 10+? Does it give any additional options like the auto start when connected to the car etc. Or does it just work? Whenever family/friends ask about it I always say to install the app and set it up before plugging into the car as it removes the initial setup process and also has a more successful launch rate when plugging in.

In my experience, every time I connect to car with Bluetooth, it displays me Android auto icon on pull down menu. Saying that AA is available. If I connect cable, it takes some time to connect (I have bolero). Sometimes it needs to unplug the cable, but that happens because the cable quality. If I remove the phone during break and return, it resumes navigation.

So I have not installed the app and don't see the need for that expect you want to tweak settings without car connection (it does not appear under apps to launch it separately).

• Thanks 1

Sounds very similar to my experience except mine launches 99% of the time. Even with the latest update that has issues.

I might try uninstalling and seeing if it works as suggested. I'm on Android 11 beta (pixel 3) so might not work fully.