Skoda Fabia radio code, is this it?

Hi

I sold my old Fabia mk1 stock radio on eBay, sadly I didnt have the documents for it such as manual, code etc so it was sold without a code. Buyer misunderstood and thought it came with a code so I'm trying to help him get it sorted. 

I've had a hunt through the garage and found the manual for it and have found some codes in the front, can you tell me if this is the security code to unlock the radio please? He said he tried 0131 but it didn't work? Is there a set procedure for entering codes?

The SKZ number in the book matches the serial number on the radio.

Thanks!

20200726_100452.jpg

Edited by cocat2517

Just a thought, which may not be useful but I have seen on youtube, some Skoda audio equipment has its own code stored inside the casing. Worth a look as the guy may be able to unscrew the case and find it inside. The other option may be to ask a dealer to give it to you but they will want proof of ownership etc, which may be tricky as the unit is no longer in your car. They may not want to give it to either of you! They may also try to charge but it should not be more then a nominal charge, for their time. Also, whilst that might be the code, he may need to follow a procedure in order to install it anyway! His car might have his code installed so this might need over-writing or something. Hope you get it sorted. 

• Like 1

Maybe the code also needs to match what is stored in the instrument cluster; which it won't once transplanted to a different car?

I've always been a bit clueless about this stuff, but I think the instrument cluster and radio 'negotiate' about whether the radio is legit/not.

Can probably be sorted out with VCDS or similar, if I am barking up the right tree.

10 minutes ago, Wino said:

Maybe the code also needs to match what is stored in the instrument cluster; which it won't once transplanted to a different car?

I've always been a bit clueless about this stuff, but I think the instrument cluster and radio 'negotiate' about whether the radio is legit/not.

Can probably be sorted out with VCDS or similar, if I am barking up the right tree.

Thanks again for replies.

VCDs?

MK1 Fabiai really don't know what radio it would have. However, I doubt it's as intelligent as needing to be installed in the correct car or handshaking with the cluster etc. More likely it's either the wrong code or he's failed to enter it correctly.

For confirmation, a trip to eBay for a few quid with the serial number of the radio will get you the correct code.

It's been a while since we had a fabia but that does look familiar in terms not 0131 being thee code...

16 hours ago, Rustynuts said:

MK1 Fabiai really don't know what radio it would have. However, I doubt it's as intelligent as needing to be installed in the correct car or handshaking with the cluster etc. More likely it's either the wrong code or he's failed to enter it correctly.

For confirmation, a trip to eBay for a few quid with the serial number of the radio will get you the correct code.

Buyer claimed he tried this but the code he was given did not work.