Hello all, im looking to get my air conditioning serviced on my Skoda Fabia estate Monte Carlo 14 plate. I’ve just received a quote from a company saying.....

From 2014 vehicle manufacturers have introduced a new air conditioning system that takes a new HFO-1234YF gas. There is a possibility that your vehicle may require the new HFO-1234YF gas.  The full service for that is £120. If it's the normal R134A gas then the full service on that is £60”

Can anyone shed some light on weather it’s the new or the old system in my fabia? 

thanks in advance 

Steve 

4 hours ago, pavinjo said:

🤣

Pavinjo, Seplchrave was suggesting that the OP should have spotted the number/code in the photo and the differing gas numbers... Hence a spot of sarcasm..

As with anything, if you now, you know!

SkodaSteve88, Kwik-Fit offer gassing for around £50 and offer a deal where if it is less then 10% cooler, you don't pay. (If you trust them... Some do, many won't). Other a/c regas centres often say if the system leaks and/or they can't regas, they won't charge. 

Also, ATS (Multiple locations) Had a groupon offer, re-gas for £38.99, down from £60. I am unsure if its still available but worth a search and if no luck, worth phoning your local branch to see if they can match the deal or offer a better one then £60. They may match Kwok-Fit, for example. A little cheek can go a long way!

Be sure they do a thorough job though and don't just "Top-up the gas you have. A full removal, leak test and regals will take around an hour or so.