is this a good deal?

Just now, silver1011 said:

LED headlights are a must for me, so if that meant I had to save up a little longer to afford an SE L then so be it.

And also for me: I do a lot of miles on unlit roads. But if I was only doing 5k miles a year on urban roads with streetlights, I’d much less inclined to pay a premium for them. 

Everyone is different. 

i dont think ive seen a single 4x4 SE L used for sale, every single one i look at is SE spec, petrol, manual

id like LED headlights, but i dont think it will be a deal breaker for me personally

Edited by BRUN

My daughter has just bought a stock (already built) 1.5 TSi edition with a load of extras (that she had listed on a SEL) via Carwow. Got talking to the dealer about a new SEl and they sourced the Edition for her. Saved 23% off RRP. With these sorts of deals no need to 'go cheap' with lower spec cars. I have an SE L with loads of extras (saved 18.5% via Carwow last year. Never even thought of a SE

12 hours ago, Roottoot said:

@Scot5

Where on a UK V5C does it show not only who the Registered Keeper is but also who the owner is?

V5C's showing me as a Registered Keeper only show that and not who 'owns' the car.

You're right, it didn't show me as the owner.

57 minutes ago, gocitigo said:

It has been really difficult finding 1.5 petrol cars in stock...everyone wants to offer diesels at over £400 per month!

I had to place a new build because I wanted the 1.5 and have been quoted anything between 16 weeks and 28 weeks, neither of them confirmed. It might even be a 21 plate by the time it arrives.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Scot5 said:

I had to place a new build because I wanted the 1.5 and have been quoted anything between 16 weeks and 28 weeks, neither of them confirmed. It might even be a 21 plate by the time it arrives.

So how does that work with the deposit contribution and 3 months payment holiday? If the car arrives after 30 Sept?

23 hours ago, gocitigo said:

So how does that work with the deposit contribution and 3 months payment holiday? If the car arrives after 30 Sept?

It doesn't work.  ( the car had to be delivered by 31st Oct )

On 01/08/2020 at 20:01, Scot5 said:

OK there could be one major problem here - the 3 free months offer ended yesterday - 31st July. And it only applied to cars already in stock.

edit: just checked the website to confirm the offer and in typical lackadaisical Skoda fashion, they're still advertising the offer despite it having ended ( see T&C ). :wall:

Update:  Just checked Skoda website tonight, it's total ruddy confusion AGAIN !!!  The offer is still available despite Skoda indicating  just yesterday it ended on 31st July. T&C still say it only applies to stock cars + has to be delivered by 31st Oct.

Bet that's news to many dealers because two weeks ago, three different dealers said the same thing to me and were all under the impression the offer was ending. They showed me the offers from Skoda on their system which applied to this quarter and it had changed to £3500 off a Kodiaq. As far as I'm aware that's still the case for non-stock cars.  There's a serious lack of communication within empire Skoda. My local dealer told me the car I eventually bought didn't exist, another said Skoda UK were 'considering'' introducing it latter in the year, and very next day I bought the thing from another dealer  !!!!!

On 03/08/2020 at 22:03, Retrac said:

My daughter has just bought a stock (already built) 1.5 TSi edition with a load of extras (that she had listed on a SEL) via Carwow. Got talking to the dealer about a new SEl and they sourced the Edition for her. Saved 23% off RRP. With these sorts of deals no need to 'go cheap' with lower spec cars. I have an SE L with loads of extras (saved 18.5% via Carwow last year. Never even thought of a SE

I am also saving 23% I think, looking at the cost of the car...23% off an Edition is great, but not within my budget!

24 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

It doesn't work.  ( the car had to be delivered by 31st Oct )

Update:  Just checked Skoda website tonight, it's total ruddy confusion AGAIN !!!  The offer is still available despite Skoda indicating  just yesterday it ended on 31st July. T&C still say it only applies to stock cars + has to be delivered by 31st Oct.

Bet that's news to many dealers because two weeks ago, three different dealers said the same thing to me and were all under the impression the offer was ending. They showed me the offers from Skoda on their system which applied to this quarter and it had changed to £3500 off a Kodiaq. As far as I'm aware that's still the case for non-stock cars.  There's a serious lack of communication within empire Skoda. My local dealer told me the car I eventually bought didn't exist, another said Skoda UK were 'considering'' introducing it latter in the year, and very next day I bought the thing from another dealer  !!!!!

I tried to get SE Drive but apparently there are none! I did think I saw some in stock on a PCH site, but maybe Skoda keep them in a pool for those type of companies.

I think I'll take the SE as it's in stock and I'll get the extra 3 months...although dealer has gone quiet since I told her on Sunday I'd go ahead(!)