personalisation/ user account

kinega

I have had my new Karoq 1.5 SE-L DSG nearly 2 weeks now. I added the personalisation option as I had this function on my Octavia and found it very useful.

I have finally managed to set it to recognise when it is my key or my wifes key being used: name changes in display.

However that is all that seems to change, it doesn't remember audio settings, mirror position etc. Am I missing anything obvious? It was all straightforward in the Octavia.

I do not have electric seats as I gather that could have some influence.

P66 in handbook states it should do: The personalization feature allows each vehicle key to be assigned a user account. In the user account, settings can be assigned regarding e.g. light function, driver's seat and exterior mirror position, assistance systems, radio, navigation, etc.

Can anyone confirm if they are able to store audio & mirror settings against their key & any advice on how to do it?

many thanks

I've heard reference to the electric seat memory being used to store other details, so if no  electric seats... no memory.

1 hour ago, tgo said:

I've heard reference to the electric seat memory being used to store other details, so if no  electric seats... no memory.

That's my thought too.  How do you currently store say the radio settings to a particular key without using the set memory on electric seat?  I guess it must be doable somehow if you can add the personalisation option without electric seats.

Edited by Guest

When you spec memory seats, you also get a different motor to move the mirrors (extra 4 wires for position) and highline door controllers (to support the extra wires).

It's the memory motors and highline door controllers that make this possible, not the memory seats :)

Below is an example of someone retrofitting the passenger side memory mirror to a MK3 Octavia .Obviously you'd need to do both sides and use Karoq appropriate part numbers but the process is the same... 

19 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

That's my thought too.  How do you currently store say the radio settings to a particular key without using the set memory on electric seat?  I guess it must be doable somehow if you can add the personalisation option without electric seats.

Didn’t have electric seats in my Octavia & it worked. If it can’t be done what on Earth is the point of this option?

Hmm I was going to  get the personalisation (it's like a £35 option) but if it doesn't remember anything, what is the point.

I'm all at sixes and sevens here because despite the above replies, nobody is answering my question.

10 hours ago, langers2k said:

When you spec memory seats, you also get a different motor to move the mirrors (extra 4 wires for position) and highline door controllers (to support the extra wires).

It's the memory motors and highline door controllers that make this possible, not the memory seats :)

I get the memory mirrors but isn't that memory as in it remembers the dipping reverse position?  How do you set the position when different people use different keys?

8 hours ago, tgo said:

Hmm I was going to  get the personalisation (it's like a £35 option) but if it doesn't remember anything, what is the point.

Perhaps the owners manual gives a clue. The car I've ordered also has memory seats but the reason I chose that option was because you get three keys with the car. £45 for a spare key - bargain !

9 hours ago, kinega said:

Didn’t have electric seats in my Octavia & it worked. If it can’t be done what on Earth is the point of this option?

:wall:  Who ever said it can't be done?  I asked how do you do it and then went on to say I guess it has to be do-able.

I have personalisation on the Octavia but it has memory seats. Now you may not need memory seats to invoke storing radio sations and heating preferences to an individual key etc, but what I do to store them is press one of the three seat settings. And the next person who uses a different key simply has to press another one of the three memory buttons to set their configuration.   Now all I'm asking is if you do not have those set buttons, ( i.e. you do not have electric seats ) how do you store individual configuration settings to a key?   I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm only asking the question.

Just now, Scot5 said:

I get the memory mirrors but isn't that memory as in it remembers the dipping reverse position?  How do you set the position when different people use different keys?

It's also memory as in different positions per key and even different dip amounts per key. I believe you just adjust them and it should remember the position for next time that key is used :)

Non-memory mirrors have no positional feedback so can't do per key positioning and just dip a set amount.

7 hours ago, Scot5 said:

I'm all at sixes and sevens here because despite the above replies, nobody is answering my question.

Perhaps the owners manual gives a clue. The car I've ordered also has memory seats but the reason I chose that option was because you get three keys with the car. £45 for a spare key - bargain !

:wall:  Who ever said it can't be done?  I asked how do you do it and then went on to say I guess it has to be do-able.

I can only guess the car recognizes the chip ID in the key & stores that in memory somewhere. Maybe Skoda stopped being simply clever with the Karoq & this now only works with electric seats

I have personalisation on the Octavia but it has memory seats. Now you may not need memory seats to invoke storing radio sations and heating preferences to an individual key etc, but what I do to store them is press one of the three seat settings. And the next person who uses a different key simply has to press another one of the three memory buttons to set their configuration.   Now all I'm asking is if you do not have those set buttons, ( i.e. you do not have electric seats ) how do you store individual configuration settings to a key?   I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm only asking the question.

16 hours ago, tgo said:

I'm beginning to wonder as well, will have a chat with the dealer and/or Skoda UK to clarify. Either my car has a fault or Skoda information is very misleading.

P66 in manual tells me The personalization feature allows each vehicle key to be assigned a user account. In the user account, settings can be assigned regarding e.g. light function, driver's seat and exterior mirror position, assistance systems, radio, navigation, etc.

The Karoq configurator tells me : Driving Mode Select will change the car’s character on a single push of a button to meet your current preferences. Do you want to drive sporty, float comfortly or save fuel? With Personalisation, three different keys for three drivers memorize all the settings for each one.

I've been reading through the owners handbook on this, and it seems to be linked to your Skoda User Account. I think it stores your personalised info to the 'cloud', and presumably accesses it via the car's mobile data link. 

The benefit seems to be that you can use your settings in any connected Skoda not just yours - although obviously your key won't work in it so I'm not too sure how! 

Have you signed up for the Online Services? And can anyone confirm this is a prerequisite for the personalisation to work??

Update.

Somehow the audio settings are now being remembered between different keys. 

The gearbox seems to remember the Eco setting now despite mode being normal and display showing D. It now freewheels in D.

The audio settings was what was annoying me most so pleased that now works. Just a shame it doesn't sound great.😧