New Car

I like that colour, not seen it on our Australian roads.

Has it been lowered?

And congratulations to you both on your recent addition.

Edited by Gerrycan
  • Like 1

It's in really good condition for 3 years old. 

Had a good look over the car with my brother and a test drive. Really nice drive.

Going to take some getting used to, changing from manual to auto. 

Looks great In Rallye Green (had a 64 plate Vrs TDi hatch also DSG in this colour back in 2015) and suits the Xtreme wheels and a credit to the first owner who clearly cherished it. Top buy and good luck with the new baby and welcome back to Brisky.:thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phil7 said:

Looks in great condition. How are you finding the DSG?

I'm not sure whether to go for a manual or DSG when I get one. 

Tbh I've only test drove the car at the moment so can only comment on around 30 mins of driving.

It was a little weird at first, the car doing the gear changes and my left foot doing nothing but after a while I got used to it and enjoyed the drive. Definitely going to feel the benefit when stuck in traffic.

It will all depend on what you want from the car, where you drive to and from and how you like to drive. I do long motorway drives but during rush hour it's stop/start drives so I need the car to handle both (preferably without an aching leg!)

Definitely think I'd go with a DSG in future, can't believe I've waited so long. 

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Looks great In Rallye Green (had a 64 plate Vrs TDi hatch also DSG in this colour back in 2015) and suits the Xtreme wheels and a credit to the first owner who clearly cherished it. Top buy and good luck with the new baby and welcome back to Brisky.:thumbup:

Some people have found it a bit too bright or bold but I'm with you @shyVRS245 I like it. 

The lady owner did look after it very well and it makes me feel better that she simply just wanted a different car instead of trading it in as it was faulty or starting down that path. 

Thank you, the baby's doing brilliantly and it's good to be back!

• Like 1

A loud green is certainly not the norm these days but that doesn't make it bad. I think it looks great in those pictures, and probably even better in person 👌 My RS230 is in 'battleship (steel) grey' which I found ugly on first viewing, but has since grown on me. Have also had colleagues and randoms alike compliment it in carparks etc. I'm sure you will experience the same with your 'acquired taste' green 😃

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phil7 said:

Looks in great condition. How are you finding the DSG?

I'm not sure whether to go for a manual or DSG when I get one. 

As 64vrs said, cant believe I waited so long.

I spent ages finding a manual in the right spec but only found dsg. Went for a test drive and now I wont go back to manual. Even the wife who was hesitant in dsg would look for dsg/equivalent in her next car.

64vrs; my wife wanted Rallye Green ended up with Race Blue. Great colour and suits the 19's. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the DSG comments guys. 90% of my driving would suit the DSG but it's the 10% where I get to enjoy myself that is holding me back  from going for it. 

Which is daft as it's about 2:1 in favour of DSG on the open market, plus no clutch worries if I remap...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TrinityJay said:

A loud green is certainly not the norm these days but that doesn't make it bad. I think it looks great in those pictures, and probably even better in person 👌 My RS230 is in 'battleship (steel) grey' which I found ugly on first viewing, but has since grown on me. Have also had colleagues and randoms alike compliment it in carparks etc. I'm sure you will experience the same with your 'acquired taste' green 😃

Battleship (steel) grey sounds like a great colour! Any pics? 

Hopefully I get the same positive compliments as you did! 'acquired taste' green 🤣 I like that..

11 hours ago, steved83 said:

As 64vrs said, cant believe I waited so long.

I spent ages finding a manual in the right spec but only found dsg. Went for a test drive and now I wont go back to manual. Even the wife who was hesitant in dsg would look for dsg/equivalent in her next car.

64vrs; my wife wanted Rallye Green ended up with Race Blue. Great colour and suits the 19's. 

Race blue was what I wanted for my current car but buying second hand one wasn't available. Like the red I ended up with though. Can't wait for new car day now though. The auto is just so different, in a good way, I can't wait! 

My wife has point blank refused to drive my new car (bad experience in an auto). However she only drove my current car twice in 4 years and that was off the drive and down a small hill so I'm not too worried 🤣

11 hours ago, phil7 said:

Thanks for the DSG comments guys. 90% of my driving would suit the DSG but it's the 10% where I get to enjoy myself that is holding me back  from going for it. 

Which is daft as it's about 2:1 in favour of DSG on the open market, plus no clutch worries if I remap...

Phil, go for the DSG! 

For the 10%, that's were the tiptronic (flappy paddles) come in! You control the gear changes for your little bit of fun! 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, 64VRS said:

Sure, here you go! Officially it is Steel Grey, but from my readings the nickname 'battleship grey' has been applied to this and similar hues across the VAG family that look like they belong on naval warships :D 

20200726_123714edit.thumb.jpg.e70e55d62ed331a3387f098ccf7d6a19.jpg20200726_123811.thumb.png.c1cfbfa6f3d1d3afd15a1062f704e004.png

Edited by TrinityJay

30 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

@FUBAR Might even be a tad envious?:tongueout:

I got the notification, it took me to your reply I then scrolled up in the fear that it would be a Dragon Skin Green Superb 280 Sportline... The relief is awesome. I'm still happy with my Rallye Green weasel though, best combi colour in Mk3 IMO.   

wheels booked in to get refurbed in a months time (long waiting list at moment here 😞

IMG_20200813_155349-01.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FUBAR said:

I got the notification, it took me to your reply I then scrolled up in the fear that it would be a Dragon Skin Green Superb 280 Sportline... The relief is awesome. I'm still happy with my Rallye Green weasel though, best combi colour in Mk3 IMO.   

wheels booked in to get refurbed in a months time (long waiting list at moment here 😞

IMG_20200813_155349-01.jpeg

You might consider changing your catchphrase to "GO BIG OR GO GREEN". Just a thought.:nod:

25 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

You might consider changing your catchphrase to "GO BIG OR GO GREEN". Just a thought.:nod:

That sounds defeatist, I refuse sir! 

• Haha 1

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

OK plan B rear bumper sticker then?:hi:

That would defeat my debadging campaign 

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Not if the letters were in Rallye Green and edged in Gold for a classy look.:whew:

Oh hell no, no gold! Black with green only! 

Just now, FUBAR said:

Oh hell no, no gold! Black with green only! 

Back in Jan 2015 when I bought my Rallye Green Vrs TDi the wife nicknamed it Kermit so I bought her a Rapid Sport SE with the Pano Roof in Kermit Green in April 2015. We had a lot of Green in the drive for a couple of months.B)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 64VRS said:

Hopefully I get the same positive compliments as you did! 'acquired taste' green 🤣 I like that..

Race blue was what I wanted for my current car but buying second hand one wasn't available. Like the red I ended up with though. Can't wait for new car day now though. The auto is just so different, in a good way, I can't wait! 

My wife has point blank refused to drive my new car (bad experience in an auto). However she only drove my current car twice in 4 years and that was off the drive and down a small hill so I'm not too worried 🤣

Phil, go for the DSG! 

For the 10%, that's were the tiptronic (flappy paddles) come in! You control the gear changes for your little bit of fun! 

Good point. Have read about the DSG being hesitant at low speeds or not giving quick downchanges? True or road tester nonsense? 

I'd like to try the both but not easy to go for test drives with social distancing measures in place at the moment. 

• Like 1