New Car

4 hours ago, TrinityJay said:

Sure, here you go! Officially it is Steel Grey, but from my readings the nickname 'battleship grey' has been applied to this and similar hues across the VAG family that look like they belong on naval warships :D 

Gloss Primer is the other name that's been used...

• Haha 1

@phil7

What you said about hesitation can be true of Road testers cars / Media cars that Reviewers and road testers are driving,

or demonstrators sales people drive for 3,000 miles / 3 months or that occasionally get an Italian Tune Up to clean the rust off the discs.

Cars that members / owners drive an be perfectly predictable and smooth if that is their driving style.

You can lend it to a friend / partner / dealership technician to drive and it takes a while to behave again as you want it to.

18 hours ago, phil7 said:

Good point. Have read about the DSG being hesitant at low speeds or not giving quick downchanges? True or road tester nonsense? 

I'd like to try the both but not easy to go for test drives with social distancing measures in place at the moment. 

The only time I find a little frustrating is in normal coming in and out my estate, it's very twisty and lots of parked cars. The dsg will often (in normal mode) constantly flick between 2nd and 3rd. I just reach enough speed for 3rd at the same time have to slow for a corner/parked car/car coming the other way. The box will jump 2nd 3rd 2nd.

To resolve it like many others have and also do in stop start town traffic is flick it into sport mode so it hangs on to 2and. I'm only reaching 2200/2500rpm but in normal it will change to 3rd.

It's not really a gripe as such as I only switch it 50% of the time. 

Like 64vrs said for that 10% theres the paddles. I find myself just pulling down and flicking into sport for an overtake or slip road, once done flick back to normal.

Lovely car im sure will cope well with new member of the family and the demands of pram buggy etc if lts leather interior that could come in handy when your little one decides its time to puke been there cannot forget the smell of powered milk formula 😀 colour for me is a no no but only because I come from Glasgow and support the blue half of the city im sure others will love it happy motoring

On 16/08/2020 at 10:36, Stuart-h said:

you know you want to get the car a lovely remap ;) 

Thank you all for the great comments. Finally collected it today after having a few minor bits buffed and touched up. 

@Stuart-h would love a remap. You never know what the future holds 😉

On 16/08/2020 at 11:01, FUBAR said:

I got the notification, it took me to your reply I then scrolled up in the fear that it would be a Dragon Skin Green Superb 280 Sportline... The relief is awesome. I'm still happy with my Rallye Green weasel though, best combi colour in Mk3 IMO.   

wheels booked in to get refurbed in a months time (long waiting list at moment here 😞

IMG_20200813_155349-01.jpeg

Fortunately @FUBAR there wasn't any used Dragon Skin Green Superb 280 Sportsline going 🤣

On 16/08/2020 at 12:47, phil7 said:

Good point. Have read about the DSG being hesitant at low speeds or not giving quick downchanges? True or road tester nonsense? 

I'd like to try the both but not easy to go for test drives with social distancing measures in place at the moment. 

@phil7 test drives at present merely need your drivers licence. I test drove my car with my brother present and the sales guy didn't come with.  So if there's a car you fancy or can get a test drive in then go for it. 

• Haha 1

On 16/08/2020 at 15:37, e-Roottoot said:

@phil7

What you said about hesitation can be true of Road testers cars / Media cars that Reviewers and road testers are driving,

or demonstrators sales people drive for 3,000 miles / 3 months or that occasionally get an Italian Tune Up to clean the rust off the discs.

Cars that members / owners drive an be perfectly predictable and smooth if that is their driving style.

You can lend it to a friend / partner / dealership technician to drive and it takes a while to behave again as you want it to.

@e-Roottoot for me the DSG is a very different to my manual and having never driven one before will take some getting used to, but I'm happy!

On 17/08/2020 at 06:56, steved83 said:

The only time I find a little frustrating is in normal coming in and out my estate, it's very twisty and lots of parked cars. The dsg will often (in normal mode) constantly flick between 2nd and 3rd. I just reach enough speed for 3rd at the same time have to slow for a corner/parked car/car coming the other way. The box will jump 2nd 3rd 2nd.

To resolve it like many others have and also do in stop start town traffic is flick it into sport mode so it hangs on to 2and. I'm only reaching 2200/2500rpm but in normal it will change to 3rd.

It's not really a gripe as such as I only switch it 50% of the time. 

Like 64vrs said for that 10% theres the paddles. I find myself just pulling down and flicking into sport for an overtake or slip road, once done flick back to normal.

I'm finding the auto start/stop a little frustrating as I had more control over it on my manual but I suppose this is something I will get used to or learn to control better. 

The sport mode and/or paddles, definitely give the same buzz as a manual. 

On 17/08/2020 at 10:56, Darm said:

Lovely car im sure will cope well with new member of the family and the demands of pram buggy etc if lts leather interior that could come in handy when your little one decides its time to puke been there cannot forget the smell of powered milk formula 😀 colour for me is a no no but only because I come from Glasgow and support the blue half of the city im sure others will love it happy motoring

Thank you @Darm definitely enough space for the pram. 

The rear of my seats are leather, however this car has alcantara supports so fabric not like in my old vRS that were leather 😲