New Exhaust

Looking for a place to get a new exhaust fabbed/fitted.

It seems that getting a custom exhaust fitted will be cheaper than going for the likes of scorpion / Miltek etc.

Any recommendations around the midlands ?

So far have quotes from 

JP Exhausts in Congleton (most expensive)
John Ashley Walsall (recommended completely removing rear silencers which sounds odd to me)
K'Ford Tyres in Kingswinford (doesn't do downpipes/ sports cat, so would probably work out more expensive to buy a scorpion/Miltek etc and have them fit it for me)

Also MIJ in Walsall but heard some bad things about the quality of work down there.

Booked in with Tony Banks in October(the earliest they could do it)
Initially when I asked that said it wouldn't be mandrel bent, but when he called back (after speaking to his octavia expert) said it would be mandrel bent.
£850 all in for full system including sports cat and downpipe
Car will be in there all day, so i just need to find a way to kill 8 hours in Leeds now.

1 hour ago, MassiveJim said:

Booked in with Tony Banks in October(the earliest they could do it)
Initially when I asked that said it wouldn't be mandrel bent, but when he called back (after speaking to his octavia expert) said it would be mandrel bent.
£850 all in for full system including sports cat and downpipe
Car will be in there all day, so i just need to find a way to kill 8 hours in Leeds now.

When I had a long wait while they made up and fitted my exhaust, they pointed me in the direction of the bus stop and shopping centre.  Bit of shopping, plenty of coffees and a bit of boredom, job done.

• 1 month later...

Currently sat in Wetherspoons waiting for the exhaust to be fitted.

Arrived there this morning at 8am as instructed and Tony (who I spoke to previously) wasn't there but the guy fitting the exhaust said it had been written down as a decat, I explained I had been quoted £850 including sports cat and now he is saying that is wrong, it would normally be over £1000 for that and he is going to have to charge me £950.

Bit annoyed to be honest, no proof of what was quoted as stupidly I didn't get him to email me the quoted price

2 hours ago, MassiveJim said:

Currently sat in Wetherspoons waiting for the exhaust to be fitted.

Arrived there this morning at 8am as instructed and Tony (who I spoke to previously) wasn't there but the guy fitting the exhaust said it had been written down as a decat, I explained I had been quoted £850 including sports cat and now he is saying that is wrong, it would normally be over £1000 for that and he is going to have to charge me £950.

Bit annoyed to be honest, no proof of what was quoted as stupidly I didn't get him to email me the quoted price

Not great that unexpected increase in price, but hopefully when you hear that new exhaust, it will fell worth it.  Maybe you could ask them to try to get in touch with Tony, hopefully he will remember his quote to you, even might have written it down somewhere. 

we agreed on £50 extra instead of £100

Exhaust was WAY too loud, went from the standard exhaust to sports cat and 3" system through to a single silencer.

I drove off and within a mile and a half I took it back, they added a resonator.

Then I drove home, its awful to be honest, the cabin noise is really loud at certain revs, particularly around 1800 - 2200, which is the exact rev range 70mph in 6th puts you at. and also most town driving due to the car having the DSG box

I was either doing 80+ or driving in 5th most of the way home.

I think the actual issue in the first place may not have been the exhaust being too loud, just the cabin noise.

Its now booked in to be looked at the week after next, i think they are going to swap the single backbox for twin ones like the original system. (not 100% sure on that though)

The exhaust will quieten down once it gets bedded in. My BCS exhaust had two resonators and was the sport option. I have added the link below so you can see what mine was like. It didnt drone at all but then mine was a 6 speed manual.

• 5 months later...

I just wanted to add to an existing exhaust thread and this one seems as good as any. I have been reading on here and other forums about exhausts for the VRS - mines a 2015, and I wanted more noise but wasnt bothered about any extra power as im already on stage 1. 

I took it to a local exhaust place that ive used before, discussed the various options and we decided to just chop of both rear mufflers and replace with straight through pipe. I had flanges put on so I could easily change back or modify if needed as I was worried it would be too loud - im an old boy racer now at 43! 

I did not touch the original centre resonator and i must admit the car sounds awesome. No drone at motorway speeds and very little noise if just pootling around. But, gun it or use manual mode and it sounds great, nice DSG pop and all.

I have not read of anyone else just removing the rear mufflers on their vRS but it was a cheap option and gives me the perfect increase in sound. Hopefully this helps anyone else out there that wants more noise without drone or ridiculous prices of cat back exhausts. Mine cost less than $300 AUD.