Karoq VCDS coding

peekay34

So has anyone done any VCDS coding on their Karoq (will work on other cars as well) yet some of the ones I have done so far...

Traffic Speed Sign Recognition

Rain Close sunroof and windows

DRL off with hand brake 

Auto High Beam 

Display fan speed in auto mode.

Ambient lighting 30 Colours

Audio confirmation lock and unlock

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Peekay. I'm new to the forum, but not new to Skoda, having just sold my 2011 Octavia RS and purchased a 2020 Karoq. I am very keen to get Traffic Speed Sign Recognition working  (I was disappointed to find that it is disabled by default in Australia). I have an approved service centre near me that is happy to do the coding. They said they can google to try to find the required codes, but it would be much better if I can give them coding that I know works. Can you please share?  The Auto high beam, Rain Close sunroof and windows, and Ambient lighting 30 Colour would also be cool if you are happy to share those as well. Cheers!

• 2 months later...
On 22/08/2020 at 03:44, peekay34 said:

So has anyone done any VCDS coding on their Karoq (will work on other cars as well) yet some of the ones I have done so far...

DRL off with hand brake 

Auto High Beam 

Auto High Beam : Is that the highest light setting you put on auto ? 

Display fan speed : Can you explain this one ?

Audio confirmation : Does the car speak to you? 

• 7 months later...

So coding this has been done on a 2020 Sportline Karoq most if not all of this coding is common on most VAG cars and has worked on my car. This was coded on a HEX2 cable from RossTech. I take no responsibility for any issues that may occur on your car should you choose to code these options. Backup all settings\adaptions before you do any coding (This is so you can reference back to previous settings). Please note that VAG do not take kindly to changing coding so may affect your warranty revert any coding if taking your car in for service. I I upload when I get time.   

DAYLIGHTS (DRL) OFF WITH THE PARKING BRAKE ON

This modification allows us to leave the daytime lights off while we have the parking brake on with and without contact. Very useful in low battery conditions.

1 - Module 09 - Electronic control unit.
2 - Adaptation
3 - Enter Aussenlicht_Front
4 - We look for Tagfahrlicht Dauerfahrlicht bei Handbremse abschalten - (Change value to On)
5- Enter code 31347 and accept

NOTE:
Handbrake always on:

• Contact removed - auto lights roulette: Off

• Contact removed - lights roulette 0: Off

• Contact on - lights roulette 0: Off

• Contact on - car lights roulette: On

• Thanks 1

ACTIVATE AUTO LIGHT ASSIST

Necessary Sensor (A5) on the windshield ("Multifunctional Camera") 1- Modul 09 Electronic Control Unit Security access: 31347 Let's go to Adaptation : Fernlicht_Assistent

• Modify Erweiterte Fernlichtsteuerung to: AFS: FLA: Fernlicht ueber AFS

• Mark Menusteuerung Fernlichtassistent as: Available

• Mark Menusteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung as: Available

** If you also want the LA (FLA) to always remain active even if you turn off the car, you must check: Fernlichtassistent reset: inactive We

confirm
 the Changes.

The light assistance should appear in the car menu: Vehicle Settings / Lights
note: Do not activate until the process is finished ) 2- Module A5 Front sensor Extended coding (enter byte mode) In Byte 21, Activate Bit 5 (Even if you put Bit 5-7, really only 5 is marked. Byte 21 should be set to "HEX 20") We confirm the Changes. 3- Reset the Lights:

Finally Reset lights in the Infotaiment-> Car-> Settings-> Factory settings-> Restore settings / data separately-> Lights

Ready

Using the Auto Light Assist
The first touch of the High Beam lever activates the Auto Light Assist, The second goes to Fixed high beams.

Please note others have posed this coding I should thank them for doing that....

• Thanks 1

Disabling or turning down the Soundaktor

Disabling or turning down the Soundaktor reduces the engine sound especially in sport mode.

• From the VCDS main screen click the button “Select”

• Click the button “A9 Structure Borne Sound”

• Click the button “Adaption 10”

• Use the Channel drop down and select “Volume of structure borne noise actuator” For me it was the only one.

• Enter a value. Default value is 100, setting 50 would reduce the sound by 50%. 0 would turn it off completely.

• Click “do it”

• Love it! 1

Side Mirror Tilt on Reverse activation ( this will only work if the mirror in the car has this capability I replaced mine so it would work)

Passengers mirror will tilt down when in reverse and control switch set to passengers side. Function can also be controlled from main unit screen.

Module: 52 (Passenger door electronics)
Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 04 → Bit: 2
New value: enable

Module: 52 (Passenger door electronics)
Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 04 → Bit: 3
New value: enable

Module: 09 (Central Electronics)
Security Access → Code: 31347

Adaptation → Channel: Access Control 2 - Spiegelabsenkung bei Rueckwaertsfahrt
New value: Active

Adaptation → Channel: Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung
New value: Active

• Like 1

Central Lock Acoustic Confirmation when Locking activation (works with car alarm not tried on horn alarm)

Enables sound confirmation when locking and unlocking car, as well as option to control this feature from the multimedia system menu.

Security Access → Code: 31347

Adaptation → Channel: Acknowledgement signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung Entriegeln
New value: active

Adaptation → Channel: Acknowledgement signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung Verriegeln

Adaptation → Channel: Acknowledgement signals - Dauer der Akustischen Rueckmeldung vom Einfachhorn
New value: Kurz

Adaptation → Channel: Acknowledgement signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung global

Adaptation → Channel: Acknowledgement signals - Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung

On the infotainment display go to Car → Setup → Lock & unlock and enable "Acoustic confirmation" option.

• Thanks 1

Instrument Cluster Road Sign Recognition activation

Enables option to show current speed limit based on the image recognition function of the front facing camera.

Module: 5F (Information electronics)
Adaptation → Channel: Car Function List BAP Gen2 - traffic sign recognition 0x21

Adaptation → Channel: Car Function List BAP Gen2 - traffic sign recognition 0x21 msg bus
New value: Databus extended

Adaptation → Channel: Car Function Adaptations Gen2 - menu display road sign identification

Adaptation → Channel: Car Function Adaptations Gen2 - menu display road sign identification over threshold high

Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 24 → Bit: 6

Module: A5 (Front Sensors Driver Assistance System)
Security Access → Code: 20103

Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 01 → Bit: 0

Adaptation → Channel: Road Sign Detection Fusion Mode
New value: Road sign fusion

Adaptation → Channel: Display end of speed limit symbol

Adaptation → Channel: Valid additional characters
New value: 00100111

Module: 17 (Instruments Cluster)
Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 05 → Bit: 2

Reboot infotainment unit by pressing and holding volume knob for 10 seconds.

On the infotainment display go to Car → Setup → Driver Assistance Settings → Dynamic Road Sign Display and enable "Show in instrument cluster" option.

On the infotainment display go to Car → Setup → Instrument Cluster Settings and enable "Dynamic Road Sign Display" option.

• Love it! 1

DISPLAY AIR CONDITIONING FAN SPEED IN AUTO MODE

Having it in auto mode, the fan speed leds are not shown, this activates it

1. Go to Module 08 - Air conditioning electronics

2. Enter Extended Coding , activate top right, Bytes mode

3. Go to byte 11

4. Activate Bit 6

5. Confirm

• Thanks 1

ACTIVATE THE Different Display type on virtual cockpit
(It puts a red inner ring and RS carbon effect)

1.- module 17 (instrument panel )
2.- Go to adaptation
3.- in tube_version ( representation of tubes ) change the original value " variant 3 "for" Variant 2 " gives more colours in the virtual cockpit but you can try others.

Enable Traffic Information (TMC) using - VCDS tweak...... Tested in Australia

Step 1. On "Select Control Module" option click "Select"
Step 2. Select "5F-information Elect"
Step 3. Select "Adaptation"
Step 4. Using pull-down menu, select "Fee Based Traffic Information (TMC)" channel

Step 5 Change default value "0" to 1024

Ambient Lighting 30 Colours

In VCDS go to module 9

Security Code 31347

The colors are given in RGB coding

RGB is the acronym for Red-Green-Blue. Colors are made up of 3 parameters, with values in a range between 0 and 255.
Each color is encoded with a percentage of (Red, Green, Blue).
For example, a pure yellow can be defined as rgb (255, 255, 0).

I have attache an example of the colours I have set but you can use this as guide for more colours

RGB Color Codes Chart (calculatorx.com)

Changes can be started use lines in attached doco from 11-30 to add colours to existing 10 already enabled.

Rotwert Farbe  = Red

Gruenwert Farbe - Green

Blautwert Farbe = Blue

ambientLIGHTINGCODEING.docx

Edited by peekay34
  • Thanks 1

On 08/07/2021 at 09:59, peekay34 said:

Side Mirror Tilt on Reverse activation ( this will only work if the mirror in the car has this capability I replaced mine so it would work)

Hi Peekay, I recenly swapped my MY16 Octavia for a MY19 Karoq. I enabled this on the Octavia and it was very hit and miss. You say that you replaced your mirror so it would work.

Could you give more details on the mirror you fitted. Do you have a link? What is the difference between old a nd new? Thanks

Edited by tfspark

20 hours ago, tfspark said:

Hi Peekay, I recenly swapped my MY16 Octavia for a MY19 Karoq. I enabled this on the Octavia and it was very hit and miss. You say that you replaced your mirror so it would work.

Could you give more details on the mirror you fitted. Do you have a link? What is the difference between old a nd new? Thanks

I have the Alcantra Seats in my Sportline. For some unknown reason that I can't work out Skoda does not supply the mirror that does not mirror dip. They only included that option with the lessor model with leather memory seats (so I am told.)  My car is the top of the range with all options (lane assist read radar) available in Australia but still no mirror dip. I did some research and found that the mirror with memory function is missing from my car. So I ordered the mirror with memory function simply replaced the  mirror and recoded and it worked.   Since I dont know what model  you have I can only advise mirror assembly I purchased. 57C857507K pretty sure thats the part no.  https://www.oemvwshop.com/57c857507k-rear-view-mirror-housing-p2335210/

I’m in the UK and have an SE-L which is the same spec as my old Octavia. I don’t have memory seats. 
Quite a lot in the Octavia section regarding this. Seems some work and others don’t. I seem to remember that you need a mirror motor with seven wires instead of the lesser five wire motor. And certainly with some Octavias you might need a new door controller as well. 
I suppose I could just try it on my Karoq. What’s the chances of being lucky. 

27 minutes ago, tfspark said:

No luck at all. Didn’t work in any way. 
At least with the Octavia the mirror moved, it sort of worked. 

You have to have the memory motor in the housing coding is not enough….

• 4 months later...

Hi peekay34,

Ive sent you a PM hope to chat soon. Thanks

On 22/08/2020 at 11:44, peekay34 said:

DRL off with hand brake 

Auto High Beam 

• 1 year later...

Hello together,

I own a 2019 Skoda Karoq and it came from factory with sign recognition and later I have activated the HBA. Now I want to activate lane assist as well, does anyone have the steps to do that?

I had followed some steps from yt for skoda superb but it doesn't work for my karoq. I can se the option on the dashboard but when I try to activate I get an error.

Thank you!

• 3 months later...