Signaling Recall for Superb, anyone else?

We  got one of these too. Sounds like it could be hassle, as the list given is only full retailers, not down to authorised service centres.

If only full retailers, much further away & will be a considerable hassle.

Why don't they make it worthwhile & offer to update our maps in the same visit ?

On 22/08/2020 at 18:27, rover220 said:

It's to do with bulb failure monitoring, nothing physical to replace. 

Tsk, I've got a pair of eyes 🤨

I'll give this one a miss (like the emissions one as well)I'll give this one a miss (like the emissions one as well).

Thanks for the info rover220

Greetings

I've not had the letter so checked on the Gov.uk website here https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ and apparently there is an official recall from February this year but mine is not involved.

108523799_recall1.jpg.eb40a6e9ebe15635af585f4c270bd84e.jpg

I then went onto the DVLA site here https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.service.gov.uk/recall-type/vehicle/make/SKODA/model/SUPERB/year and apparently only 5764 vehicle are involved.

1992695284_recall2.jpg.92f274f6cb183d337828c0792cc87acc.jpg

I do find that quite odd.

AndyW

• Like 1

On 22/08/2020 at 16:37, John Beeblebrox said:

I just received this to. Not sure if "serious" or a minor "nice to have".

Same here. Received letter on 20th August. Can't get a hold of local dealer to confirm.

1 hour ago, Charade said:

I've not had the letter so checked on the Gov.uk website here https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ and apparently there is an official recall from February this year but mine is not involved.

I then went onto the DVLA site here https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.service.gov.uk/recall-type/vehicle/make/SKODA/model/SUPERB/year and apparently only 5764 vehicle are involved.

AndyW

Thanks for posting the details.  I did the same and yes, ours is subject to the recall.
Ours is 2015, though, so maybe just that year? 

Greetings,

From what I can gather, this is a "Safety Recall" while the emissions recall was not - Safety being the emotive word.

Looking totally negatively, it's possible that if you ignore a safety recall, it could be argued that It may raise the interest of the boys (and girls) in blue if you're pulled over for any reason or even prolong or reduce a claim (or even invalidate your insurance) in the event of an accident. I don't know obviously

It's pure paranoia on my part 'cos it always seems to me that those that flout or seriously bend the rules seem to get away with most things. Wheras those that do everything correctly always seem to get done for the slightest thing.

I'm quite prepared to be shot down in flames - AndyW

6 hours ago, Charade said:

Greetings

Hi, Same here, just checked and my 2014 Estate isn't coming up with any recall requirement.  

Had mine done today, they said it would take 3 or 4 hours (because we cant work on it until its been cleaned), left it at 09.15am, had a call at noon to say "its on the ramp" and appears to be due a cambelt, brake fluid change and air con service, the usual attempt at upselling but no pressure when I said it had all been done.

I was expecting another call to say I could collect it but I ended up calling them at 4.30pm, full of apologies that I hadn't had another call to go and collect it. They had washed it though.

Got the same letter yesterday - out of interest, am I right in thinking that the vehicles subject to the recall are of the facelift variety and therefore more likely to have LED indicators, rather than pre-FL which use trad filaments?

Greetings Ethel,

Mine's a facelift and has had no recall. To be honest I don't know if I have LED indicators or not - I feel ashamed now! I do know that the brake lights are LED though. I read that in the brochure when I bought the car.

AndyW

7 hours ago, ethel said:

Got the same letter yesterday - out of interest, am I right in thinking that the vehicles subject to the recall are of the facelift variety and therefore more likely to have LED indicators, rather than pre-FL which use trad filaments?

yes, only those with led i believe

22 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

Are those of you that are getting letters on 'any Skoda RECALL ACTIONS' finding them coming up on the SKODA hit or miss 'Recall Actions' website when you check using your VIN ?

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

Yes, our VIN put in that checker flags up that an action is required, consistent with our letter.

• Like 1

On 25/08/2020 at 09:34, jack3d said:

Hello everybody I received letter also ! Do you think they might sort out my exhaust inspection system light out also ??? 

Wouldn't hurt to ask them. I've just booked mine in to get the recall job sorted and was asked on the phone if there was anything else which needed doing whilst they had the car in the workshop.

As we have LEDs, which have a much longer lifetime that filament bulbs, we'll probably defer action until MOT in November. 
If they offered a free update to the maps at the same time, that would be a different matter...

Greetings,

Just checked and my Superb SE FL has filament bulbs even though it's manufacture date was18 August 2014. Ho Hum. Still I suppose they're cheaper to replace.

AndyW

1 hour ago, Charade said:

Greetings,

Just checked and my Superb SE FL has filament bulbs even though it's manufacture date was18 August 2014. Ho Hum. Still I suppose they're cheaper to replace.

AndyW

Hi Andy - it might be a spec thing.

I think that all Elegance & L&K FL cars had LEDs as standard. Not sure if it was an option for other trim levels?

D

On 26/08/2020 at 17:58, ethel said:

Hi Andy - it might be a spec thing.

I think that all Elegance & L&K FL cars had LEDs as standard. Not sure if it was an option for other trim levels?

D

My Superb is a Jan 2014 Elegance, has just had the software update. I had assumed it was equipped with LEDs but not so, standard filament indicator bulbs in the rear.

17 hours ago, bulldogdrummond said:

My Superb is a Jan 2014 Elegance, has just had the software update. I had assumed it was equipped with LEDs but not so, standard filament indicator bulbs in the rear.

but you have led front indicators.