Wait for facelift or not, and what to expect?

Bryggish

Hi!

Im about to order a new Kodiaq L&K early  next year, but then I heard about the face lift that is coming next year. Do you think that the changes will be so great so it's worth the wait? I have not heard any details about what is to come, but one can hope for a hybrid option and wireless android auto. What do you think the facelift will bring?

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve not seen many clues yet.  A slightly redesigned front end and rear end.  I would expect it to get a similar PHEV to the superb.

I don’t think Wireless AndroidAuto is likely, they haven’t put it anything else yet, but you never know.

3 hours ago, linni said:

All new Skoda models (Octavia, Kamiq, Scala) has wireless Android Auto with new MIB 3 headunit option.

Ah, I didn't know that.  The Skoda websitesays that it's only Wireless CarPlay.  It says this    Wireless SmartLink for Apple Car Play only (wired for Android Auto and mirrorlink)

• 1 month later...

Hi All, I was planning on ordering a new Kodiaq in the next few weeks. Does anyone have an idea as to when the facelift may be launched? Is it better to hold off ordering for some time?

Hi Grc

I picked up a new Sportline today. It has the new steering wheel functions and the newer lower CO2 engine so I was told!! 

It is wireless for the Android Auto and the Apple Carplay. 

One very unusual thing is that there are 2 Type C ports in the ashtry. No USB port??? 

Cant get my head around this!!!

Any thoughts anyone?? 

15 minutes ago, Bud1 said:

One very unusual thing is that there are 2 Type C ports in the ashtry. No USB port??? 

Any thoughts anyone?? 

You really don't want to hear what my immediate thought was.

Your car DOES have two USB ports - they are type C.  The USB ports in the previous model were type - A. 

You should have been given a type-C to type-A adapter. It's all very simple, you can buy them for a few quid ( as long as you don't buy them from Skoda ).

OK thanks. I had an Audi A6 and we have a Superb all with the older type A. 

I have never seen the Type C ports in a car before. 

Are these faster charging or something?? 

USB Type C was released with a new USB standard called USB Power Delivery (PD) for quick charging, however, the car doesn't support this. Not sure what the problem is with spending £12 on a new cable is compared to a car...seems rather trivial to me.

5 hours ago, Grc said:

Hi All, I was planning on ordering a new Kodiaq in the next few weeks. Does anyone have an idea as to when the facelift may be launched? Is it better to hold off ordering for some time?

Facelift reveal is first half next year from what I've heard down the grapevine.

Edited by ZacDaMan72

C types are better than previous types, because like Apple lightning connectors they can be slotted in either way so there's no fiddling around to make sure you have the connector the right way up.

A to C cables can be had for less than £6 on Amazon.

10 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Not sure what the problem is with spending £12 on a new cable is compared to a car...seems rather trivial to me.

When everyone is talking about reducing our ecological footprint, tens, if not hundreds of thousands (if not millions) old Type A - Type C cable owners are forced to buy Typ C - Tye C cables or according adapters.

1 minute ago, olderman1 said:

A to C cables can be had for less than £6 on Amazon.

Cheap ones are cheap ones. Constant issues with disconnecting. Tryed half a dozen cheap cables , even had USB unit in car changed, until realised, the oroginal and not cheap one is the solution.

20 minutes ago, linni said:

When everyone is talking about reducing our ecological footprint, tens, if not hundreds of thousands (if not millions) old Type A - Type C cable owners are forced to buy Typ C - Tye C cables or according adapters.

Someone buys a new car or a new phone and you're worried about the damage a type-A to C cable adapter does to the environment?   :wall:

1 minute ago, Scot5 said:

Someone buys a new car or a new phone and you're worried about the damage a type-A to C cable adapter does to the environment?   :wall:

I have better things to do than worry about ecology, but it surprises me that car manufacturers slipped that way.

Besides, old cars get fully recycled, but old cables will go probably straight to trash.

On 20/11/2020 at 09:51, linni said:

The sort of people who buy a £40k car probably wouldn’t be seen dead with a phone more than year old, and phones have come with type C connectors for months.

I bought a new phone 24 months ago and it had adaptor (adapter still in the box in the cupboard), probably more surprising that type A sockets were still fitted year ago

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

The sort of people who buy a £40k car probably wouldn’t be seen dead with a phone more than year old, and phones have come with type C connectors for months.

I bought a new phone 24 months ago and it had adaptor (adapter still in the box in the cupboard), probably more surprising that type A sockets were still fitted year ago

All correct, but I have one of these eco terrorists at home and I know what I am talking about.

Not that the idea of C type USB is bad, but if any of these ecoists finds out - cannot imagine the mess they can create.

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

Up until a week ago I had a five year old iPhone 6S...I think the first mainstream smartphone to get USB-C was the Samsung S9 which came out two years ago, so it’s not like the car industry has implemented the new standard ‘so soon’ etc etc. 

What the car manufacturer should do is source Type-C adapters and send them to the dealerships, then at the time of delivery the customer can choose whether they want it or not. 

@linni maybe you can tell the eco warrior that eating a single vegetarian meal will probably save the same amount of emissions as producing a single cable 😂

Yeah I use CarPlay (USB media doesn’t work since I only use Spotify - says “no files found”) and it takes a while to charge compared to even a 10W charger. Don’t like Bluetooth as it doesn’t show album art, however now that the MIB 3 system does, if I get another Kodiaq then that niggle will be fixed. 

On 19/11/2020 at 23:37, ZacDaMan72 said:

Facelift reveal is first half next year from what I've heard down the grapevine.

On 19/11/2020 at 21:35, Bud1 said:

Hi Grc

I picked up a new Sportline today. It has the new steering wheel functions and the newer lower CO2 engine so I was told!! 

It is wireless for the Android Auto and the Apple Carplay. 

Any thoughts anyone?? 

Thank you for the response both. I guess I’ll now wait a few months for the facelift to launch and then order.