Skoda Connect

had the car over a week and still unable to load Skoda Connect. Have just sat in the car for 90 minutes with the screen showing "Activation in progress" but nothing else happened.

How long does this thing take to work? Does it, in fact, actually work?

• 3 weeks later...

I rang Skoda "helpline". No help in the slightest. Told me to take it back to the dealer.

Rang the dealer. They weren't sure but offered to help if I could bring the car in during a weekday. I work full-time some distance from the dealer so not been able to do that yet.

May try tomorrow as I'm working from home but looks like I have a light day.

6 hours ago, RodTucker said:

I rang Skoda "helpline". No help in the slightest. Told me to take it back to the dealer.

Rang the dealer. They weren't sure but offered to help if I could bring the car in during a weekday. I work full-time some distance from the dealer so not been able to do that yet.

May try tomorrow as I'm working from home but looks like I have a light day.

Have you registered online first. skoda connect.com 

36 minutes ago, skoda1982 said:

Have you registered online first. skoda connect.com 

Oh yes and then it tells me to take both keys and sit in the car wasting my time watching a screen that says "Activation in progress" without anything actually happening.

I reckon my total time wasted on this is 4 hours. I charge my time out @ £150 per hour so I reckon Skoda owe me £600 for wasting my time.

Why call something ***** Connect if you can't connect to the useless thing? If my company did that, we would very quickly go out of business.

ŠKODA Auto is constantly improving and simplifying our services. We would like to inform you about a planned maintenance which will cause the unavailability of ŠKODA Connect services for Scala or Kamiq model lines starting from 20.00 13th October to 8.00 14th October.

To have all your data updated (in App and Portal) after the maintenance is completed, you will need to switch on the ignition of your vehicle for at least one minute, and then switch it off.

We would like to apologize to you for the inconvenience caused by this temporary outage. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for being a valued ŠKODA Connect user.

ŠKODA Connect Team
spacer

spacer

WHAT !! 

Please clarify?

is this a mass maintenance to ALL Scala & Kamiq users?   or for  specific range?

this is happening tonight?

Edited by Heat
added text

• 2 weeks later...

The software is driving me mad! My car is keyless, so does this mean that when it says switch on the ignition I have to sit there with the engine running? I've activated both keys in the car, and screen acknowledges it and then says cannot proceed contact Customer Services.

7 minutes ago, DRW said:

The software is driving me mad! My car is keyless, so does this mean that when it says switch on the ignition I have to sit there with the engine running? I've activated both keys in the car, and screen acknowledges it and then says cannot proceed contact Customer Services.

Why do you have to have engine running? Just press the engine start/ stop button without foot on brake, ignition comes on, simples.

Thanks for your quick reply. I thought it was odd that engine had to be running so I queried this with the dealer. Salesman said no other way but to have engine running! I don't  think dealers are keeping up with developments and cars are getting too complicated for them!

Because of Covid no one was prepared to sit in the car with me to briefly talk things through. It was a matter of here's your new car, here are the keys, drive off.

Honestly, don't get too worked up over it. It's not great when it does work. You'd have to try hard to think of a circumstance where it would be useful. I got it working briefly, and used it twice. Once getting it going, and once showing my brother. A smart phone does most things better. 

Thanks.  Am I right that you have to get the Skoda Connect up and running before the Breakdown Cover is effective?  With my traded-in Rapid there was a Breakdown booklet, a phone number to call, but things move on and there's just the button to press, which has to be activated.  Progress?

46 minutes ago, DRW said:

Thanks.  Am I right that you have to get the Skoda Connect up and running before the Breakdown Cover is effective?  With my traded-in Rapid there was a Breakdown booklet, a phone number to call, but things move on and there's just the button to press, which has to be activated.  Progress?

skoda connect has nothing to do with breakdown cover if you breakdown press the middle button with the spanner on it on interior lights uses ECALL that is free for 10 years this is what you get with skoda connect. the system does not tell you you are connected if you have the planet in white on you head unit at the top you are connected turn on all know my location

Package includes these functions:
Online Voice-ControlPetrol StationsOnline Map Update - DownloadOnline Map Update - SynchronizationOnline Route CalculationParking SpacesOnline Traffic Information
And this is what you get with care connect remote access
Package includes these functions:
Driving DataVehicle StatusSpeed NotificationArea NotificationOnline Anti-Theft AlarmParking PositionLock & UnlockHonk & Flash
Edited by skoda1982

On the Top of your Display to the left of the middle is a little world icon, is it greyed out? Mine was when I got my car and the Skoda connect would not work at all or pick up any software updates, i believe the icon means that the car is connected to the internet. I went and registered the car on https://skoda.cubictelecom.com who deal with the data side of the embedded sim card and the following day after I registered the internet started working and the car started to pick up software updates and I could register on Skoda connect as it could connect to my skoda profile. It also picked up my years subscription to the connect services.  The Website is actually listed in the Kamiq handbook but its not easy to see, and the handbook does not contact as much info as i thought it would for a skoda. 

Edited by Jamesr021

Thanks to all who have replied and given advice. Very helpful. Enjoying my Kamiq 1.5 SEL DSG but taking time getting used to the software and infotainment system.

Hard for an old technophobe to understand what's going on much of the time but I'm learning.

I do wish I could just switch off lane assist and only have it back on when I want it.