Virtual Cockpit retrofit

On 05/02/2021 at 15:32, Camarao69 said:

Hello , yes i buy from ALI, it is a original part from China, but it works the same.

Any chance of a link so I can use the same seller? 

Does your mileage stay the same or get reset to 0?

11 hours ago, AlVal said:

Any chance of a link so I can use the same seller? 

Does your mileage stay the same or get reset to 0?

If you buy new aid mileage will be the same, or you can use some tool to adjust it but only make it higher 

Yup, as RomanB said, if it's a new cluster then when it's fitted, the fitter should transfer the odometer reading over for you.

If you're using a used cluster (100km+ ?), it's not possible to simply set the odometer as currently, no tools can set a used odometer.

It is possible to increase it by simulating a car travelling at 100+mph as I had to update my VC due to a repair. If you end up with a used one and need it increasing, drop me a pm ;)

@Camarao69 can you tell us what the part number is for the  trim piece needed above the steering cowl for MY2016 models is? Thanks (I already know what the colour codes at the end of the part numbers are) 

Thank you very much for this topic. I have Superb 2015 L&K Columbus, and since I saw virtual cockpit in facelift Superb it became my obsession. So, my plan is to retrofit VC.

Things that I want know about VC is:

1. What's necessary for retrofit except just buying VC (coding, component protection)?

2. Is it possible to set mileage to my current (real) mileage in VC, because I want to buy brand new one?

3. Is it possible to get navigation data on retrofited VC (see photo below)?

I appreciate all kind of help, because this is not a cheap adventure, and please respond questions respectively for better understanding. 

SUPERB_LK_47-1440x960.jpg

1 hour ago, Lav89 said:

1. What's necessary for retrofit except just buying VC (coding, component protection)?

2. Is it possible to set mileage to my current (real) mileage in VC, because I want to buy brand new one?

3. Is it possible to get navigation data on retrofited VC (see photo below)?

On a 2015 you'll probably need a new gateway and BCM as mentioned here: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/485142-virtual-cockpit-retrofit/?do=findComment&comment=5500623

Not sure if you need a trim piece on a Superb?

For the navigation maps to show, you'll need a MIB2.5 headunit and add a MOST (optical) cable.

Ideally, you should also fit MFSW buttons with a 'view' button to get it working 'as factory'.

Yes, on a new VC you can program the mileage to match. On a used VC, it can be increased but not decreased.

On 02/02/2021 at 16:03, Camarao69 said:

Hello 

Finaly i have done it  with the help of Vagguide. https://m.facebook.com/vagguide/

My car is 2016 version , i had to change BCM and GATEWAY  so that everything was functional. I had to replace the trim under the dashboard  was well .

This retrofit depends on the MY of the car , after MY17 i think you only need virtual cockpit.

20210202_124435.jpg

Is it necessary to replace both touchscreen display and unit for mib2.5 or just display?

Does toucscreen display from mib2.5 fits in place of mib2?

1 hour ago, Lav89 said:

Is it necessary to replace both touchscreen display and unit for mib2.5 or just display?

Does toucscreen display from mib2.5 fits in place of mib2?

It's the headunit that needs to be running MIB2.5 software.

I believe you can rework a MIB2 Amundsen into a MIB2.5 Amundsen and keep the original screen.

You can also rework a MIB2 Columbus into a MIB2.5 Columbus but you'll need a new 9.2" higher resolution screen.

1 hour ago, langers2k said:

It's the headunit that needs to be running MIB2.5 software.

I believe you can rework a MIB2 Amundsen into a MIB2.5 Amundsen and keep the original screen.

You can also rework a MIB2 Columbus into a MIB2.5 Columbus but you'll need a new 9.2" higher resolution screen.

By "rework", do you mean the glove box unit can just be firmware updated from mib2 to 2.5 if you have the 2.5 screen? 

8 minutes ago, AlVal said:

By "rework", do you mean the glove box unit can just be firmware updated from mib2 to 2.5 if you have the 2.5 screen? 

Yes, I believe that MIB2 glovebox units can have the firmware updated to become MIB2.5. This is not 'just' a firmware update, I think it's more involved and involves rewriting parts of the EMMC directly. @pab567 knows more :)

I'm pretty sure a MIB2.5 Amundsen can use a MIB2 Amundsen/Columbus or MIB2.5 Amundsen screen.

However, a MIB2.5 Columbus needs the larger 9.2", higher resolution MIB2.5 Columbus display.

• 3 months later...

Could anyone with virtual cockpit retrofit using Chinese aliexpress virtual cockpit provide a scan of their module 17, 9 and 19 so I can compare? I have some problems, 

Thanks

On 27/05/2021 at 18:43, langers2k said:

What are the problems you're having?

Might be adding your latest autoscan + adpmaps so others can check for anything obvious :)

Can't get maps to appear. Just get 'maps starting', and not sure how to diagnose fibre optic.  Have mib2.5.

I did find out how to get sporty dials though, tubes version 3 

IMG_20210527_212532.jpg

relevant adaptation channels from 5f which mine is set to, I tried resolution 3 and 1

ENG122230-ENG142097-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-ability_switch_nav_maps,On ,10
ENG122230-ENG122343-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-call_picture,On ,10
ENG122230-ENG122341-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-coverart,On ,10
ENG122230-ENG122340-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-crossroad_detail_map_compression_mode,H264 ,10
ENG122230-ENG122344-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-crossroad_detail_map_resolution,resolution_1 ,10
ENG122230-ENG127006-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-crossroad_detail_map_transmission_mode,MOST_streaming ,10
ENG122230-ENG142153-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-dynamic_icon,0 ,10
ENG122230-ENG127501-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-fastlist_most,On ,10
ENG122230-ENG122338-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-navigation_map_compression_mode,H264 ,10
ENG122230-ENG122339-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-navigation_map_resolution,resolution_1 ,10
ENG122230-ENG127005-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-navigation_map_transmission_mode,MOST_streaming ,10
ENG122230-ENG122342-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-stationart,On ,10

I think they're the important bits..

would love to see what those who have it working have got for the above , especially in terms of 

a) is it a chinese aliexpress virtual cockpit retrofit or oem

and what their 17 instruments scan shows in terms of hardware and software versions

full scan of 5f, 17, 9 and 19 below

adpmap-09-5Q0-937-084-DD_TMBDE7NP9H7011292-20210527-1703.CSV adpmap-5F-565-035-021-E_TMBDE7NP9H7011292-20210529-2125.CSV adpmap-17-3VD-920-790_TMBDE7NP9H7011292-20210529-2119.CSV adpmap-19-3Q0-907-530-AC_TMBDE7NP9H7011292-20210529-2120.CSV

@AlVal - Can you look at byte 22, bit 0 in the 5F coding? I think it needs to be unticked and the headunit rebooting.

If it rejects it, you might need to flip byte 19 first then try both at the same time.

• 11 months later...

Hello, everyone
Can anyone of those who retrofitted the VC 3VD920790 say something about the long-term experience?
And did you notice any differences to the European version?  How is the fit? 

Best regards

6 hours ago, Bobbycat said:

Hello, everyone
Can anyone of those who retrofitted the VC 3VD920790 say something about the long-term experience?

Best regards

I have the Chinese version and it is flawless. I did not notice differences. Perfect fit. 

7 hours ago, Bobbycat said:

Hello, everyone

Best regards

Works perfectly, no issues 

Thank you for your answers!  I'm still struggling with ordering this VC.  but a few people in this forum have already converted to this vc and seem to have no problems with it.  that makes me think positively about it and maybe I can get over myself and buy it.

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone

I have now successfully retrofitted the VC.  everything worked wonderfully.  The only thing I noticed is that the MIB 2.5 is now somehow jerky / slightly hesitant.  can someone also found this and maybe even have a solution for the problem?

• 2 months later...

• 1 year later...

Hi guys I have a Škoda superb SEL (I belive it’s the mini facelift version), loving the spec but just missing a virtual cockpit. I have just received a cockpit 3VD 920 790A 2020 from Aliexpress with the most cable. I was just wondering if this will fit my car? I know it’s a bit too late as I have ordered the part but any guidance will help.