Sportline. How do you make a telephone call?

morganic

Just taken delivery of a new 190 tdi Sportline. Very nice but disappointed that it doesn’t have the telephone button on the steering wheel to make calls etc

Am I missing something or can calls only be made through the infotainment screen?

Have tried voice commands but it doesn’t recognise a Welsh accent!

You should see two favourites on the home screen with the map still displayed etc that can just be touched and it dials them.

Or just push the telephone symbol on that portion, it opens up the whole telephone screen and you can have 12 favourites on there alone that are one touch dials.

Presume you can run the phone option as featured on the virtual dash too if selected and list of contacts to scroll and select with the steering wheel controls if you want to use that instead of infotainment.

Otherwise try Andriod auto or Apple as those voice dial too......

28 minutes ago, DaveMiller said:

Snala - are you saying the Sportline doesn’t, by itself, do voice dial?  That seems a backward step, as my coming-up-3-year-old Columbus system does.

I assume he's said what he said because the voice commands don't understand the Welsh accent?

You should be able to access a phone menu on your instrument display through your right hand steering wheel controls.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

I assume he's said what he said because the voice commands don't understand the Welsh accent?

You should be able to access a phone menu on your instrument display through your right hand steering wheel controls.

I can certainly receive and make calls easily to my Recent call numbers via the steering wheel button(s).

But that’s because I use the Bluetooth connection for my phone. Not the nonsense full bifta Apps On The Dash set up via USB cable. Though I do power the phone through a very neat little ISB cable courtesy of dealer.

25 minutes ago, BoxerBoy said:

I can certainly receive and make calls easily to my Recent call numbers via the steering wheel button(s).

But that’s because I use the Bluetooth connection for my phone. Not the nonsense full bifta Apps On The Dash set up via USB cable. Though I do power the phone through a very neat little ISB cable courtesy of dealer.

Meh, I find Siri to recognise speech leaps and bounds better than the factory voice commands. I still use the factory navigation though.

On 17/09/2020 at 22:28, ZacDaMan72 said:

Meh, I find Siri to recognise speech leaps and bounds better than the factory voice commands. I still use the factory navigation though.

Voice! No chance. Me and voice commands have failed miserably over several cars and several years. 

I will stay away from voice commands. 

Give me Big Knobs every day :)

On 17/09/2020 at 18:02, ZacDaMan72 said:

Yep exactly that because OP said his VC doesn't work. My voice control works for me too but the preset favorites on the screen are much faster so.....

On 20/09/2020 at 23:12, snala said:

Yep exactly that because OP said his VC doesn't work. My voice control works for me too but the preset favorites on the screen are much faster so.....

Voice Control

or

Virtual Cockpit?

On 16/09/2020 at 18:53, morganic said:

Just taken delivery of a new 190 tdi Sportline. Very nice but disappointed that it doesn’t have the telephone button on the steering wheel to make calls etc

Am I missing something or can calls only be made through the infotainment screen?

Have tried voice commands but it doesn’t recognise a Welsh accent!

The telephone button has simply been replaced with the 'VIEW' button?

Press VIEW and use the scroll wheel to select Telephone.

From this...

image.png.d81ffe6dd70b39afa00e3239ef8fbf1c.png

...to this...

image.png.6392b793b4c68fd4b0521ebbca0fe967.png

3 hours ago, silver1011 said:

The telephone button has simply been replaced with the 'VIEW' button?

Press VIEW and use the scroll wheel to select Telephone.

The VIEW button changes the look of the VC, not the actual information displayed. @morganic needs to press the 'back' button that's next to the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel, then use the scroll wheel to select Telephone.