ACC Passing on the left overseas

zappahey

Hi,

I picked up my new Karoq on Saturday and brought it over to France where I'm currently posted.

When passing cars to my right, the ACC matches the speed of the car I'm trying to pass, just like it would in the UK.

I had a Superb before this and the ACC on that car "recognised" that I was on the other side of the road and modified the passing behaviour so that I could overtake on cruise control but couldn't 'undertake' on the right.

Am I missing something or does the Karoq not support this?

Thanks, J

54 minutes ago, MJ1 said:

It took a day after getting back from France last year to reset. There is a useful thread on driving in France somewhere here..

Thanks, I did a search before asking but it came back with 330 pages of results! I'll try again from the laptop and see if I can refine it better.

Thanks, there's no mention of a specific setting for the ACC, and I've been right through the menu system to no avail, so I'll see if it "learns" that I'm overseas and sorts itself out. It's no great inconvenience if it doesn't.

4 hours ago, MJ1 said:

OK on my PC now so had a quick look..

JohnD5314 made a useful list I think you should find it following the links.

Hope it helps?

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/09/2020 at 14:36, MJ1 said:

It took a day after getting back from France last year to reset. There is a useful thread on driving in France somewhere here..

Give the man a coconut. The next time I drove on the motorway, it behaved exactly as it should.

• Thanks 1

Nice I love coconut i was wondering how you got on...

I  guess the GPS has to be recognised and there has to be some delay. You would think it was when the car was started but in my case I was on the ferry and perhaps the GPS was confused as I was showing up as in the water?

Some VWG bod or a sub subbie working for them will know...