Rain sensors and wipers

I have now had my SE 1.5 for three days.

This morning it raining but nothing from the wipers.  They are set to wipe when rain is detected in the settings.

Is there an auto position as I can't find anything in the manual just says to set it in the settings.

39 minutes ago, john999boy said:

It should also be set one notch anticlockwise on the stalk.

Thought I tried this but it just seemed to be the normal intermittent wipe.

Does the position of the intermittent speed lever matter?

Am I expecting the wipe frequency to change depending on how heavy the rain is.

Will try again next time it rains.

Stalk needs setting to int this will wipe once when activated and if settings set to auto wipe then it will wipe when it detects rain, also the speed setting will need changing on top if the stalk as you normally would. Thats the case with mine anyway and worked spot on so far 

• 3 years later...
On 02/10/2020 at 18:55, Matmacka said:

also the speed setting will need changing on top if the stalk as you normally would

Actually this switch is not changing speed as such, rather sensitivity of the rain sensor (or in fact how wipers react to certain amount of rain).

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hello

I recently had my windscreen replaced and was told I had a rain sensor. The issue is that I've had my car for a few years and was totally unaware of any sensor as the wipers never came on by themselves, there's no option in the settings and viewing the sensor from the windscreen side doesn't show any optics at all.

I have removed the rear view mirror cover to find two connectors. I have also navigated the menu functions and found no option for the sensor. I know a sensor was removed a the time of the windscreen replacement and I did pay for a new gel pad.

I only wished I had taken a photo before it was installed but pritty sure it was totally black on one side.

IMG20231226110614.thumb.jpg.c620797d3327bf1af11c3d062ea88499.jpg

IMG20231228070542.jpg