New Member with one problem

Aybesea

I have just downsized from a 52 plate polo 1.2 9n to a Citigo Colour Edition (White and black alloys)

The car is March 2017 reg and at this moment in time finding out about the differences between  the two cars etc.However couple of days ago i drove the car out in the rain and found that the wipers stop working when you stop at road juctions etc.For a few seconds i thought i knocked the wiper switch to off but no.I hoping this is not normal ,maybe okay at traffic lights but downright dangerous at other road junctions.I done a search on this and found a old post going back to 2011 but there was no answer to this problem,i also looked at the online user manual and my own but there is no mention of this at all.Does anybody elsewho has a 2017 Colour Edition have this quirk or can it be changed? Hopefully it can.

Not sure if it was on delay or continuous but will be using the car tomorrow morning so will check then and report back.

I also got rear  creaky suspension but that seems to be partly resolved by putting in the full size spare wheel which Skoda dealer sent me,no stickers on it to say it is a saftey tire though it is on a 14" rim i measured it on the tyre and it is a few millimters out from the 15" wheels, it is a Bridgestone .My 9N polo had creaky OFside rear suspension but only when the weather was hot soon as it rained it disapeared,till it dried out again.

5 hours ago, Aybesea said:

I have just downsized from a 52 plate polo 1.2 9n to a Citigo Colour Edition (White and black alloys)

The car is March 2017 reg and at this moment in time finding out about the differences between  the two cars etc.However couple of days ago i drove the car out in the rain and found that the wipers stop working when you stop at road juctions etc.For a few seconds i thought i knocked the wiper switch to off but no.I hoping this is not normal ,maybe okay at traffic lights but downright dangerous at other road junctions.I done a search on this and found a old post going back to 2011 but there was no answer to this problem,i also looked at the online user manual and my own but there is no mention of this at all.Does anybody elsewho has a 2017 Colour Edition have this quirk or can it be changed? Hopefully it can.

Not noticed that on the Citigo (may have to go for a drive to see), but my Superb goes from continuous to intermittent automagically when I'm stationary.

Does your wiper stop completely or just go to intermittent?

edit - just checked...

If set to continuous, the wiper goes to intermittent when stopped. If set to intermittent, the wiper stops when stopped.

Nothing about it in the manual though

Edited by Gyp

We've 2 Citigo's and both have wipers that switch to intermittent from continuous when stopped at traffic lights and restart as soon as you start moving. This feature has never been an problem/issue.

18 minutes ago, thebrighton said:

Of course the intermittent speed is another whole new issue. On our 62 plate the intermittent wipes every 5 seconds whilst on our 66 plate it is a useless 16 seconds!

Don't they both have adjustable timings (A)?

image.png.eaf91c62fc5f6e80c2d8e6cecf2188bd.png

Our Citigo does, though as one of our other cars doesn't I know it's not universal

11 minutes ago, Gyp said:

Don't they both have adjustable timings (A)?

image.png.eaf91c62fc5f6e80c2d8e6cecf2188bd.png

Our Citigo does, though as one of our other cars doesn't I know it's not universal

Nope, neither came with that option.

9 minutes ago, Gyp said:

I'm amazed

Not sure why you're amazed, I've owned over 20 cars and the grand total of one has had adjustable intermittent, a Suzuki Swift. Perhaps I just don't buy enough top of the range models ;)

22 minutes ago, thebrighton said:

Not sure why you're amazed, I've owned over 20 cars and the grand total of one has had adjustable intermittent, a Suzuki Swift. Perhaps I just don't buy enough top of the range models ;)

Well clearly I am insufficiently familiar with the somewhat disappointing vehicular transportation that's inflicted upon the proletariat :biggrin:

All of our Skodas have had intermittent wipe. Even, I'm sure, our Fabia 1.2 Classic. Mind you that also had cruise control...

It's our far from inexpensive MX5 that doesn't, though I'm sure the logic there would have been that adding the know would have added weight and would therefore have been the wrong thing to do

Edited by Gyp

40 minutes ago, thebrighton said:

Nope, neither came with that option.

Its not an option, to my knowledge its been standard on all Skodas for at least 20 years, Are you saying that you dont have the rotary control marked "A" in the diagram?

If you have auto-wipers with the sensor behind the rear view mirror it adjusts the sensitivity to rainfall and not the delay although I think it reverts to delay if the auto wipe function is switched off.

Typical was not raining this morning,however i tried it on the way to Aldi coming up to Traffic lights, paused till i got going again ,On intermittant they seem to sweep about every 5-7 seconds while driving , will have to suss out what they do when on continous at traffic lights etc

I had the above vario feature in my polo 9N will miss that.Over time i will get use to it though ,all the VW 's i have had never done this wiper pausing, first time i have come across it.

Variable boot floor is in and now just leaves me with rear wheel arch liners to fit asap.tried my phone in the holder and my Blackberry Motion  connected straight away but showed all my contacts so took the phone out ,shame it cannot be swiveled towards mefor my GPS map on my phone however got a sticky disc from Halfords and the blanking part stuck that on so i can use my Garmin 6" 65LM which i can swivel towards me .I use that on my Yamaha 700 with  holder ,GPS only cost me £65. :)

Thanks for all the replies.

1 hour ago, Gyp said:

All of our Skodas have had intermittent wipe. Even, I'm sure, our Fabia 1.2 Classic. Mind you that also had cruise control...

I don't recall saying they didn't have intermittent, it's adjustable intermittent they don't have. I don't recall ever owning or driving a car that didn't have intemittent.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Its not an option, to my knowledge its been standard on all Skodas for at least 20 years, Are you saying that you dont have the rotary control marked "A" in the diagram?

If you have auto-wipers with the sensor behind the rear view mirror it adjusts the sensitivity to rainfall and not the delay although I think it reverts to delay if the auto wipe function is switched off.

It quite obviously isn't standard. The 62 plate is a SE Greentach and the 66 a Colour Edition both of which definitely haven't and never have had adjustable intermittent. Neither have auto wipers either. 

If you mean Auto sensor infront of the rear view i got what looks like mesh,but nothing else ,not sure what that is for, zilch on any dials or switches either.

4 hours ago, thebrighton said:

I don't recall saying they didn't have intermittent, it's adjustable intermittent they don't have. I don't recall ever owning or driving a car that didn't have intemittent.

It quite obviously isn't standard. The 62 plate is a SE Greentach and the 66 a Colour Edition both of which definitely haven't and never have had adjustable intermittent. Neither have auto wipers either. 

Apologies; I meant to say that all of our Skodas have had intermittent wipe with adjustable time delay.

In this instance given the attitude displayed I wont be apologising for stating what was my knowledge and experience,  something that I am unaware of is not obvious to me.

They havn't confirmed that they dont have the rotary delay control switch, does anyone else have a Skoda from the last 2 decades without time delay adjustment on the intermittent wipe function?

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

In this instance given the attitude displayed I wont be apologising for stating what was my knowledge and experience,  something that I am unaware of is not obvious to me.

They havn't confirmed that they dont have the rotary delay control switch, does anyone else have a Skoda from the last 2 decades without time delay adjustment on the intermittent wipe function?

My attitude? You basically accused me of lying when I said it wasn't an option on the 2 Citigo's we own as all Skoda's have come with it for 20 years! Out of curiosity I just had a look at the 11 used Citigo's my local dealership has in stock and the only one that has adjustable intermittent is the electric one. 

No one asked you to apologise but I suggest you check your facts in future before making statements as you obviously have a problem with admitting you were wrong.

I did not state any facts, I said that to my knowledge its been standard for 20+ years, I did check my knowledge within the limits of my knowledge before posting :) Its called reflection.

I may have been ignorant about yout two Skodas lacking the feature but I was not wrong about your attitude that you continue to display very clearly.

Anyone else have a Skoda without the feature?

FWIW, I am on my 3rd Skoda. I'm not sure if or why this topic is getting heated....

My current Citigo - a very nice 2019 SE-L with loads of extras (about £2K) , has the usual delay wipe but no means to alter the delay time which is a bit cheapo, TBH. Another recent but more basic Citigo I drove was the same. But my Octavias both had a variable delay switch. I suspect it's about the spec of the BCM, and what functions it can support.

43 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I may have been ignorant about yout two Skodas lacking the feature but I was not wrong about your attitude that you continue to display very clearly.

Oh dear, if you think me saying "It quite obviously isn't standard. The 62 plate is a SE Greentach and the 66 a Colour Edition both of which definitely haven't and never have had adjustable intermittent" is having an attitude then you've had a very sheltered life. At the end of the day it was you that started by clearly suggesting I was lying so you obviously have some concept of an attitude so by mate, you aren't worth talking to. No point replying as you're now have the honor of being the first person on my Ignored Users list.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

does anyone else have a Skoda from the last 2 decades without time delay adjustment on the intermittent wipe function?

Both my Citigos.

• Thanks 1

I am replying nonetheless.

I did not suggest, clearly or otherwise that you were lying, you chose to interpret my words in that way.

I did say that you had an attitude which your subsequent responses confirm.