Can't activate my heated steering wheel !

Spanioli

I picked up my L&K Kodiaq last week and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Its a standard spec, plus virtual pedal for the boot, tri zone climate control and virtual cockpit.  The only thing that is vexing me is that I can't activate the heated steering wheel.  Within the infotainment system there isn't an option to turn it on (no icon to press).  I'm under the impression that its a standard piece of kit - am I mistaken ?  The car is on a 20 plate and its a 3 spoke steering wheel.

With Winter around the corner, I'm hoping to have warm and toastie digits whilst I'm driving.

Just now, SimonAudi said:

I think you activate it in the info system and it comes on with seat heaters from memory - reading book - but that was over a year ago...

I was hoping the same, but the option in the Climatronic isn't there

From the Skoda website, its currently showing as standard equipment "2-spoke heated leather multi-function steering wheel with hands off detection and DSG paddles" on the L&K.  The 3 spoke heated wheel  is shown as a no cost option.

9 minutes ago, SimonAudi said:

Seems its now a no cost option if you build car today.

image.thumb.png.ccf42691377aaee2e222d56c2b3fba1b.png

From the Skoda website, its currently showing as standard equipment "2-spoke heated leather multi-function steering wheel with hands off detection and DSG paddles" on the L&K.  The 3 spoke heated wheel  is shown as a no cost option.

Just now, SimonAudi said:

When did you get the car?  looks like MY20 like mine - not MY21 (current since August 20)

The car was registered at the end of June 20 and I got it last week.

53 minutes ago, linni said:

Press Menu button on climatronic: do you have steering wheel option there at all?

Hi Linni.  No heated steering wheel option.  Hopefully these pictures will be clear enough to show what I have.

20201013_193241.jpg

20201013_193335.jpg

8 hours ago, Spanioli said:

I picked up my L&K Kodiaq last week and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Its a standard spec, plus virtual pedal for the boot, tri zone climate control and virtual cockpit.  The only thing that is vexing me is that I can't activate the heated steering wheel.  Within the infotainment system there isn't an option to turn it on (no icon to press).  I'm under the impression that its a standard piece of kit - am I mistaken ?  The car is on a 20 plate and its a 3 spoke steering wheel.

With Winter around the corner, I'm hoping to have warm and toastie digits whilst I'm driving.

To confirm what SimonAudi has been trying to tell you, here is the options list from a brochure dated 16th Jul 2020

822811183_steeringhelp.thumb.JPG.9b16ab3b60ffad44e2c1bee637a8f27e.JPG

As you can see, heated steering wheel was an option on the L&K.  You've been reading the brochure for the current model  i.e. MY21, when in fact you've bought a MY20 car.

The only std thing on that list the L&K has is a sunroof. You'll have to invest in a pair of gloves if you want warm and toastie digits.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

To confirm what SimonAudi has been trying to tell you, here is the options list from a brochure dated 16th Jul 2020

822811183_steeringhelp.thumb.JPG.9b16ab3b60ffad44e2c1bee637a8f27e.JPG

As you can see, heated steering wheel was an option on the L&K.  You've been reading the brochure for the current model  i.e. MY21, when in fact you've bought a MY20 car.

You'll have to invest in a pair of gloves if you want warm and toastie digits.

Thank you Scot - that clears things up for me, even though it isn't what I wanted to read !   From reading, then rereading all of the Autotrader Ad for Kodiaq L&K's at Skoda Main Dealers, it looks like I've overlooked this bit at the bottom

"Please note

The data displayed above details the usual specification of the most recent model of this vehicle. It is not the exact data for the actual vehicle being offered for sale and data for older models may vary slightly."

Maybe I can get some gloves with heat pads in their linings !

By chance, you don't happen to have the details of the standard specification as well ?

Edited by Spanioli