Missing the rechargeable torch??

CJJE

MY21 Karoqs don't have a rechargeable torch in the boot anymore:( 

But if you move fast you can buy one from ALDI for £5.99! See https://www.aldi.co.uk/lightway-rechargeable-torch/p/801912398188200

I always like to keep a torch in my car, and this little one is fine for emergencies and recharges from a USB socket (with the appropriate adapter) or 12v adapter. 

Chris

• Like 1

well mines a 2019 SEL and I don't have the parking ticket holder clip on the front windscreen.  I got is as an ex demonstrator so I can only think they "deleted" the option when they placed the order.  Don't mind though - I don't like it anyway :-)

It was also missing the brolly but I picked that up on collection and made them give me a new one from the parts department.  It did have the ice scraper thingy though.  

It also had Adaptive Cruise Control which was not on the list of options or features in the advert so they must have not factored that in to the asking price he he he :-) ......

Paul

Edited by smipx

Very cheap and easy to replace, I would not be without one but we have toll roads, I managed before though without realising what I was missing out on.

In 30 years Eurotunnel have yet to manage to make their rear view mirror hanging tickets with the perforations that tear properly, plus they wont even fit on most modern mirrors, the screen clip is very good for them, it means they dont have to wake me up to scan the bar code.

On 15/10/2020 at 13:45, Fux said:

I don't have it in my MY20 sportline - one of the first things I looked for (including that washer fluid cap which I also dont have)

My MY20 Sportline has got one  -  handy when I'm on call at night !

11 months in the case of mine.  Built end July 19, registered end Dec 19 and I picked it up end June 20.  Didn’t/don’t have a problem with that as the price was good enough.  :thumbup:

People must have been in a coma during lock down or just not thinking if they do not realise that there were cars built and waiting to be shipped or held in compounds having arrived in the UK that were not getting first registered / PDI'd or delivered until dealerships were open again.

Which is why the SMMT were able to claim EV's were best sellers just because they might of been delivered straight to customers like NHS workers, Carer Service Providers and even private buyers or people leasing.

1 hour ago, DSL said:

11 months in the case of mine.  Built end July 19, registered end Dec 19 and I picked it up end June 20.  Didn’t/don’t have a problem with that as the price was good enough.  :thumbup:

The main problems people are reporting are due to the battery failing quickly if it wasn't being charged regularly while the car was in storage. Apparently the latest Stop/Start batteries don't take well to being left for months in a discharged state. So something to bear in mind should you have any battery problems while still in warranty.

Will do.  Skippy is mostly used for long hauls up & down the M74, M6, etc rather than local driving so should hopefully be kept healthy.  So far, so good. :thumbup:

To keep consumption/emissions down, cars with the start/stop feature also favour charging the battery without extra fuel consumption (while decelerating, braking or travelling downhill) unless the battery state of charge is already pretty low. During the transport of a new car, it's therefore even easier to have the battery standing below 12.4 V for longer periods, which causes sulfation, i.e. battery degradation.

Edited by agedbriar

2 winters ago there where many many thousands of 'Bunkered' VW Group vehicles sitting about waiting until WLTP approval was gained to import them to many different countries.

That is something that people who got those cars need to think about.

Or they should have thought while they waited back then.

Easy to check the actual build date on the MySkoda app.

35DC44E9-9C6D-4563-A11D-854D991C47EC.thumb.jpeg.4280bfc281ec59946735772079bd4204.jpeg

S’pose in the grand scheme of things it’s not going to be too expensive to change the battery if it dies after the end of the warranty.    

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DSL said:

Easy to check the actual build date on the MySkoda app.

35DC44E9-9C6D-4563-A11D-854D991C47EC.thumb.jpeg.4280bfc281ec59946735772079bd4204.jpeg

S’pose in the grand scheme of things it’s not going to be too expensive to change the battery if it dies after the end of the warranty.    

That's handy... the My Volkswagen screen for my present Golf SV only tells me it was delivered (to me) on the 24th of February 2015 and not the build date.