Steering wheel dsg paddles & right scroll wheel still not working after main dealer clock spring fix!

Hi everyone any help on this would be much appreciated, I recently had my mk2 Octavia Cr TDI 170 dsg to my main dealer for suspected clock/squib ring failure, they diagnosed the problem as clock spring, when I picked the car up I've noticed that the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel still isn't working and neither are the paddles for the dsg gearbox, the horn now works and airbag light is off and no more crunching when turning the steering lock to lock, has anybody had this problem b4 or anybody know what might have happened? The dealers are now saying it's the right scroll wheel that has broke at the same time!! Would the scroll wheel breaking effect the paddle operation? Many thanks for any help, it's booked back in for Monday, sound stupid but I'm thinking of asking if they have actually used the right part😂 

That's what I thought tbh! When I asked him though he said the clock spring had nothing to do with paddles and mfsw🤔 it's booked back in anyway, he also said all my options are still there like twin fogs anti hijack ect just the paddles don't work and nether do the buttons on the  right hand side of steering wheel, am I right in saying the clock spring and module are all in one on my year model? I'm fearful they have changed the click spring but not the module!!

Your slipring on your car also has the module built in, that is why if it is changed it needs to be coded.

features like cruise, rear wiper, mfsw and paddles are listed in the coding.

if it is coded correctly then the issue could be with the mfsw module (built in the buttons) or the wiring

1 hour ago, Eddie-NL said:

Your slipring on your car also has the module built in, that is why if it is changed it needs to be coded.

features like cruise, rear wiper, mfsw and paddles are listed in the coding.

if it is coded correctly then the issue could be with the mfsw module (built in the buttons) or the wiring

Cheers for reply again, yeah there saying it's the right hand jog and buttons on the right hand side of the steering wheel but would that make the paddles not function too? Also I went to try the cruise control today and it no longer works either and brings up the msg driver assistance button faulty!!! Thanks again for taking the time to reply, I'm thinking either they hvnt copied the code over  we from my old clockspring module ( sure ah main dealer would know to do that wouldn't they?) Or to button is genuinely faulty but like I say, would that cause the paddles to go off also

1 minute ago, Catzeye said:

Cheers for reply again, yeah there saying it's the right hand jog and buttons on the right hand side of the steering wheel but would that make the paddles not function too? Also I went to try the cruise control today and it no longer works either and brings up the msg driver assistance button faulty!!! Thanks again for taking the time to reply, I'm thinking either they hvnt copied the code over  we from my old clockspring module ( sure ah main dealer would know to do that wouldn't they?) Or to button is genuinely faulty but like I say, would that cause the paddles to go off also

Just to add the cruise was working fine b4 I took it in

8 minutes ago, Catzeye said:

The module will have a default coding, i would say they haven't coded it properly

Take it back or find someone with vcds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie-NL said:

The module will have a default coding, i would say they haven't coded it properly

Take it back or find someone with vcds

Yeah it's going back Monday, I'm going to suggest the the coding hsnt been copied off my module b4 they start pulling switches and charging 250 pound a pop ha, cheers

They may have not reconnected one of the connectors or not properly engaged it, or not disconnected one and yanked the wires to the switches.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2020 at 16:37, J.R. said:

They may have not reconnected one of the connectors or not properly engaged it, or not disconnected one and yanked the wires to the switches.

Hiya, thanks for reply, strange thing is if I sit with the driver's door open so the maxi dot displays the door being open, if I then press the right hand jog on the steering wheel it extingishes the image in the maxi dot as if the button they saying is faulty 8s actually working🤔

38 minutes ago, Catzeye said:

Hiya, thanks for reply, strange thing is if I sit with the driver's door open so the maxi dot displays the door being open, if I then press the right hand jog on the steering wheel it extingishes the image in the maxi dot as if the button they saying is faulty 8s actually working🤔

If the module is coded for trip computer, then that will cause the right side scroll wheel not to work in roller mode. but press it will still do the ok function.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would update this topic and and close it, so the car went back to main dealer at Pullman Skoda, turns out the lad who fitted the clock spring was off and they had a master tech look at it wherever one of those is??😉 Turns out it hdnt been coded at all and upon pick up everything is working again, no charge neither!!😁😁😁 Hurray for the master tech, in all seriousness though, glad it's sorted, thanks again for all input

• Like 2