Cannot reset inspection due warning

I have tried resetting the 'inspection due' message by following the instructions posted here and elsewhere i.e. 1. Press the button 0.0/SET until dash lights up. 2. Keep holding button and turn on ignition (do not start car) 3. Keep holding button until "Reset inspection - are you sure?" is displayed. 4. Release button and press again to reset. 5. Dash displays "Service reset".  But it isn't reset and the "inspection due" message is still displayed.

I've tried turning on the hazard warning lights whilst performing the above, which was one suggestion but no luck.

I have a DCAN/USB connector so I could install some software on my Windows laptop if I could find something suitable at a reasonable price or I would buy a scanner but the ones I've seen advertised only state they clear error codes but I want to clear the service due message and none of the ones I've seen make it clear that they can do this.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

You can find people on this forum who have a VCDS system or a ODBEleven system - these pieces of kit can properly read the errors and reset logs as well as Service Resets as necessary

Hi likely to be that you are variable servicing or car is later than 2104, you need a proper scan tool to reset it, OBD11 or VCDS.

Check the VCDS diagnostic forum for a local member to see if they will reset it for you. 

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/23-diagnostics-amp-vcds/

Edited by paulski

You may be resetting the wrong option. There are actually 2 resets. "Oil Service Reset" and "Inspection Reset". Turn the Ignition off press and hold in the " SET" button and then keep holding it in while turning the ignition on. First option comes up on the display " Oil Service Reset " do not release the "SET" button, keep holding it in and after a couple of seconds the display will change to " Inspection Reset ". Then release and press the button again quickly to reset that option. I suspect you're only resetting the Oil Service and that's why you're still seeing the "Inspection Due" message. I may be wrong but that's the way it works on my Octavia. Just to add that my vehicle is on a Variable/Long Life service regime and using the above method will automatically change the car's settings to a Fixed service regime. I then use VCDS to return the car to my original regime after doing the oil change.

Here's a video I found:

Edited by bigade1

bigadel1

Tried that but no luck.  I've read elsewhere that sometimes it's just not possible to do the reset the way you describe and a VCDS scanner is needed.  Another member, local to me, has oddered to use his scanner to do the necessary and I'm just waiting to arrange a meeting.

Very frustrating as it seems most folk are able to clear the message using the dash button.

Regards

Just a thought, have you done an oil service reset first? Something tells me you need to clear any oil service warning first before you can do the inspection reset. Might be wrong though.

Oh, and fairly certain doors, bonnet etc have to be closed while doing the reset.

Edited by xman

What I meant was do an oil reset first, turn off ignition, then do an inspection reset. Turn off the ignition straight after. 

i.e. don't skip the oil reset message first time.....

IIRC in my old Alhambra and Mk2 fabia both with basic lcd readouts, the insp warning used to hide an underlying oil service warning. I had to do an oil service reset, before the inspection reset could be cleared.

Edited by xman

Done all the above, and managed to clear notifications, now the car keeps telling me to change the key-fob battery.

How do I get it to stop this warning?

Thank you

Stewart