3 button key does not open the trunk

javiermdlt

The other day i bought a 3 button key and i pair it with the car, the key lock, unlock and starts the car correctly but the boot button from the key does not open.

I have look at the vagcom and the data seens to be fine i checked that with this page http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Skoda_Fabia_(6Y)

Can someone help me?

3 hours ago, WingedArrowFan said:

Does the trunk handle on the lid work and does the dome light turn on when you open the drivers side doors? The trunk will not unlock if the microswitch in the driver side lock is broken.

I have checked and both work

I checked the signal in the vagcom  and it shows 0000 and when i pressed the buttons a 0 change into 1 in each case but i do not know if that is correct because there is one 0 which not change  (because there are 3 buttons and 4 zeros ) and maybe it the one which opens the trunk.

I can do the same check on my car tomorrow and confirm that I see the same thing.  It seems like the signal from the trunk unlock button is arriving, if something changes at module 46 when you press it. Which of the four digits changes from 0 to 1 when you press that middle button? (so I can check that I see the same change).

I have checked several things:

1º) If i check the 13 group and i press my old 2 button key it shows "ok ok ok 2" and if i do the same with my new key it shows "ok ok not ok 0".

I do not know if this means something.

2º) If i check the 14 group with my old key(2 buttons) it shows a 1 for each button as long as i press the button.

But if I check the same with the new key the 0 change into 1 only for a moment just for a moment no matter if i keep holding the button down and if I press the trunk button then the third zero change into a 1 but the same as the other 2 buttons, only for a little moment no matter if i keep holding.

I think you are right and my key is very cheap perhaps or maybe is not the right one, maybe someone could say me a good place to buy another one?

ok from old key.png

not ok from new key.png

with the new key change 3.PNG

OK, just tried this on my Polo with original keyfob.

For group 14 all buttons result in one of the 0's changing to a 1 for as long as the key is pressed. The last 0 on the right never changes.

For group 13, I see slightly different for unlock and lock buttons compared to trunk button

Lock/unlock do this (with the 1 in a different place for each in gp14):

1550808379_Screenshot2020-11-1816_43_18.png.47c530ebecec81dda49b49d5c8ae4bcf.png

Trunk button does this:

316981725_Screenshot2020-11-1816_43_25.png.6b4403557b36d0653ee61466b7f187ac.png

Not too sure why that doesn't show key number 2 same as the other buttons!

Edited by Wino

19 minutes ago, Wino said:

OK, just tried this on my Polo with original keyfob.

For group 14 all buttons result in the 0 changing to a 1 for as long as the key is pressed. The last 0 on the right never changes.

For group 13 I see slightly different for unlock and lock buttons compared to trunk button

Lock/unlock do this (with the 1 in a different place for each in gp14):

1550808379_Screenshot2020-11-1816_43_18.png.47c530ebecec81dda49b49d5c8ae4bcf.png

Trunk button does this:

316981725_Screenshot2020-11-1816_43_25.png.6b4403557b36d0653ee61466b7f187ac.png

Not too sure why that doesn't show key number 2 same as the other buttons!

But my trunk button in group 13 shows "ok ok not ok 0" and yours "ok ok ok 0" so the algorithm is not okey  for me and i do not know what that means

Not sure what that means but this seems important in the context of the trunk button:

22 hours ago, javiermdlt said:

But if I check the same with the new key the 0 change into 1 only for a moment just for a moment no matter if i keep holding the button down and if I press the trunk button then the third zero change into a 1 but the same as the other 2 buttons, only for a little moment no matter if i keep holding.

The module 46 isn't 'seeing' the sustained keypress for the trunk activation, so maybe the algorithm does not interpret that correctly as a result?  (Or interprets it as a non-sustained keypress, therefore not requiring action).

Edited by Wino