What were all the top spec options?

Ewan1

On my standard vrs, i have esp, heated seats, cruise control and a sunroof. I was wondering what other factory options were available and if there is any that i could add onto my car. 

Nicely spec’d car you got there.

I believe xenon headlights were an option. You can retro fit if you search the forum. They will be expensive 

1 hour ago, delroy said:

A few your others:

Side air bags

airbag deactivation switch

3rd centre headrest (rear obviously)

Sat nav

Not sure how easy any would be to add. 

The only easy one to add is the middle rear headrest - by finding a backrest for sale with the headrest in. Theres no way of retro fitting it as the parts are no longer available from Skoda.

I found a complete (but dirty) interior for sale for not much money, with the extra rear headrest, bought the lot, chucked the rest of the interior away as it was worthless and have the backrest to be valeted and fitted in my yellow one.

The complete list of factory options for the Mk1 VRS are as follows - Note not all options were available from launch

1.) Metallic Paint ( Silver or Black)

2.) Electric Tilt and Slide Sunroof

3.) Xenon headlights (with headlamp washers in front bumper)

4.) Cruise Control

5.) ESP (Electronic stability programme) instead of ASR (Anti slip regulation - normal traction control)

6.) Passenger airbag deactivation switch
7.) Heated Front seats

8.) 6 disc CD changer (under passenger seat)

9.) Third rear headrest (middle)

10) Front Side seat airbags

11.) Sat Nav (came with Maxidot clock set and 6 cd changer and different Aerial base)
12.) Full factory leather (with red piping round rear of front seats) - these are the same as vRS SE seats but un-numbered and with the red piping instead of blue - Note these still had the normal black cloth  trimmed door panels. This was a fairly late addition to the Fabia options list - probably 06 onwards.

Now this is where I need Ross to confirm - the rear "sundym" tinted glass was never available as a factory option on the Mk1 - if you see a Mk1 with it, it's been retro fitted 

Dealer fit options were .

1.) Seat Surgeons full leather interior - this usually included the door cars and could be in a number of colour options

2.) Mudflaps - Front only. The dealer would refuse to cut the rear bumper to fit normal fabia rears

3.) Boot liner

4.) Headlight protectors

5.) Rear boot storage bags

6.) Under parcel shelf storage bag

7.) Roof bars

There are prob things I've forgotton from my time selling these cars new - it was a long time ago now!!!

• Like 1

• Administrators

I've seen many now attempting to install/retro fit Maxidot/Satnav and have the ecu re-coded or have the immob deleted. I believe now you can even adjust all the mileage with relative ease now and have it all coded correctly. |

This maybe of some interest.

My 2006 Fabia vRS had the following options from factory -

Black magic paint
Leather seats (red piping)

Xenon headlights with washers

Cruise control

Passenger airbag on/off switch in glove box.

I’ve retrofitted -

Maxidot display only (no sat nav)

SE sunset tinted glass (5 pieces)

Cup holder in dash (sat nav version)

Rear cup holder

Rubber boot liner and mats x4 for winter

Leather door cards (seat surgeons)

Rear centre headrest

I’m currently in the process of fitting the centre headrest I bought in leather from Germany, the framework is 14mm and not 12mm like here in the UK, so luckily there’s a 14mm guide option for allowing fitment in the rear 2/3 seat back, it was tongue in cheek cutting the holes in the leather mind you, but carefully succeeded in the end.

quite a few mods, I like retrofitting parts that were extra, it adds to the appeal of the car, now that such optional extras were rare.

cheers Dean

• Like 1

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Ewan1 said:

You know if the xenons are just plug and play?

No they'll require additional wiring, levelling motors, level sensors on the front and rear of the car to adjust the beam, front bumper with headlight washers with the tubing and the bigger washer bottle, which I think is the 5L version. The lights/washers need to work and be there in order to pass an MOT. Some have stated that they've just bought an adapted wiring harness and have them adjusted manually. But as far as I'm aware it was a legal requirement to have xenons installed with headlight washers and for them to work.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

No they'll require additional wiring, levelling motors, level sensors on the front and rear of the car to adjust the beam, front bumper with headlight washers with the tubing and the bigger washer bottle, which I think is the 5L version. The lights/washers need to work and be there in order to pass an MOT. Some have stated that they've just bought an adapted wiring harness and have them adjusted manually. But as far as I'm aware it was a legal requirement to have xenons installed with headlight washers and for them to work.

You're correct.

The xenon lights will plug into the standard loom just fine and will work, the standard leveling motors from the halogen units can be fitted into the xenon units (it may even be the same part tbh) so you will get the in car adjustment of the leveling, but to comply legally to the letter of the MOT laws you'll need to do the above. Otherwise you "might" be in the realms of a "friendly" MOT tester but that's a different conversation.

One thing to be mindful of if you want to retrofit the factory xenon set up as it was intended, the bumper is totally different inside, has moulded brackets for the washer nozzles, the rear leveling sensor by the rear beam is notorious for failing due to it being battered by years of road salt etc, and the leveling sensor itself was well over £300 last time I looked. The dash inside the car is different also, the factory xenon cars have no adjustment wheel to alter the height of the headlights so that bit is blank as its not needed.

There will also be no plug on the standard car body loom for the level sensor at the back so that would need to be added. 

On 17/11/2020 at 19:19, RallyeSport77 said:

My 2006 Fabia vRS had the following options from factory -

Black magic paint
Leather seats (red piping)

Xenon headlights with washers

Cruise control

Passenger airbag on/off switch in glove box.

I’ve retrofitted -

Maxidot display only (no sat nav)

SE sunset tinted glass (5 pieces)

Cup holder in dash (sat nav version)

Rear cup holder

Rubber boot liner and mats x4 for winter

Leather door cards (seat surgeons)

Rear centre headrest

I’m currently in the process of fitting the centre headrest I bought in leather from Germany, the framework is 14mm and not 12mm like here in the UK, so luckily there’s a 14mm guide option for allowing fitment in the rear 2/3 seat back, it was tongue in cheek cutting the holes in the leather mind you, but carefully succeeded in the end.

quite a few mods, I like retrofitting parts that were extra, it adds to the appeal of the car, now that such optional extras were rare.

cheers Dean

Damn.... I forgot about the cup holders.

There was also a dealer fit cup holder that replaced the ashtray in front of the gearstick.... 

Reference the xenons - 

you used to be able to retrofit xenons, I did anyway to a Vector GSi from a while ago with the phase 2 GSi xenons, I understood that they don't need washer jets, and can be adjusted manually as a normal set would be.

The law might of changed, as when I did that conversion you could retrofit with the exclusion of the washer jets, if xenons were specced as an option new from factory, they needed washer jets, as the pattern of the light can be affected when the outside of the lens is dirty, hence the requirement for the washer jets.  Not that they make much difference, imagine your lights are filthy, a spray from a retractable jet isn't going to cut through the crap entirely, gone are the days when Ford had wipers on the headlights!

Talking of the leather centre headrest, I've finished fitting it this afternoon, after the larger bore diameter guides arrived from Horton Skoda.

Dean

09B64942-AEC3-49BF-9725-A3BC25CCF1D6.jpeg

50BEB312-B0E1-4F87-AAD4-57B773BFEEED.jpeg

73D39B60-1EC4-4B80-A2CD-A0284280FAFB.jpeg

Edited by RallyeSport77

Also, on the continent in Europe, the fabias had all the spec, rear electric windows through to phase out I understand, and the Swiss Blue edition had a whole load of extras thrown at it compared to the paltry 6 disc, cruise and leather, oh and sunset tint glass and racing blue.

You find that though, our Euro friends always get a better spec, there's a company mind you where you can buy a heated front screen for the fabia, which was used in the rally cars.

I include a picture of the leather door cards which I bought recently, and like Lofty said were a dealer fit accessory at the dealership.

Dean

E3B0E1A0-0666-4876-9032-72DE373DF50A.jpeg

9778C8F8-428F-4E84-A78C-601498C18630.jpeg

Edited by RallyeSport77

On the subject of the European spec Fabia vRS, certain markets had a folding centre rear armrest in the big section of the rear seat back. I even tried to order all of the component parts from TPS to make my own but alas they're all no longer available.

The Xenon front lights were standard in most countries as well.

When you get digging into the special editions over there they had some crackers. The Tour de france edition (france only I think) came with the all black "sport" seats - like the UK Sport models, but added yellow seatbelts with black edging. There was also an "edition 100" which was based on the elegance with full nappa leather (light grey) and vrs front and rear bumpers.

Plus loads more I've probably forgotten about

Matt,

The nappa leather you talk about, must of also come in black possibly, as my black leather headrest came from a German fabia breakers on eBay, they had the other rear headrests for sale too, I snapped up the headrest, it cost me a good £50+ with shipping mind you.

Id seen the fold down rear arm rest on ETKA, shame like you say its not an option, like the tracking down of the genuine DAO 409001 the elusive genuine fabia front armrest!  I contacted the lad who made the brackets, but he doesn't do them anymore, shame!

Dean

E758EFD3-72AD-4001-BC9D-C449FF8616C4.png

Edited by RallyeSport77

That's it Dean, that was the edition 100 interior colour. Same as the edition 100 Mk1 Superb which was sold here and in Europe.

The genuine "DAO" front armrest has been unavailable for years, my guy at TPS even contacted folks he knew abroad that could find obsolete stuff and it was a no go.

Lots of stuff is now disappearing from the available list, trim and non-service stuff especially

Matt,

I noticed that for parts disappearing, certain boot trims went out of circulation, left side plastic trim obsolete Nov 18, then the other side last summer, when I was sorting the back end out after sound deadening the boot floor.

Shame about the arm rest, Id seen you had a kit off that lad, do you have it in your sprint yellow?  I don't like the idea of messing with the centre console, I bought a brand new centre console last year, as the old chap had scratched it badly on the passenger side somehow.  adding the ones on eBay and drilling the plastic and expecting it to be rigid by relying on the plastic is a no go for me, I might just leave it.  Im done now retrofitting, my last purchase was a set of leather dooryards from a lad on Facebook, which are the seat surgeon type, somehow though these are really soft plush leather, maybe the original owner paid the extra?

Dean