Rear usb

Flushed with recent success using the wealth of information on this site, I've fitted 2 rear usb sockets.

I got the car in March, and I started this in May, so it's taken a little while, but I ordered various parts in different attempts.

Once I decided to go for the kit from AliExpress, and got all the parts it only took 10 mins to change over.

IMG_20201118_131724.jpg

• Like 3

This is the link to the kit.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_BPw9fJ

They sent the wrong connection cable, just got unlucky.  So I ordered a new cable and usb pod thing.   It's all fitted perfectly.

I also managed to damage the cigarette gloss black surround with some scratches, and bent the cigarette socket a little, so being fussy I ordered a new cigarette socket and surround from Skoda-parts.com

https://www.skoda-parts.com/catalog/octavia-2/spare-parts/electrical-equipment/interior-lighting-lighter-484.html

The hardest bit was removing the cigarette socket to gain access to the plug.  The rest was pull and unscrew.

• 3 years later...

Just did this one myself. As above cigarette socket was a pain to remove. 

Kit fits well, only two observations, the biggest is the difference in colour, it bugs me like mad. 

Kit is black and car is a dark greyish colour.

Other than that the bottom two torx screws have to be left off as the insert is so well secured can't get it out to fit them. It's still held well though as top ones go in fine and clips in also.20240413_100832.thumb.jpg.7b8257c3ea500fcbbf46aa53d03282bc.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Swirly182 said:

Looks good! What do you mean by cigarette socket?

The 12v socket in the front, used to be for a cigarette lighter years ago