Heated seats

Walder

Hi all

First time owning a superb. 

Quick one, are the heated seats quite poor not warm on a superb? As my old bmw it would have burn the back side off you in minutes and mine it just seems to be a bit warm at best even after driving for 20 minutes. 

Anyone any advice or that is the way it is. 

1 minute ago, 26DIPP said:

I usually start on setting 3 and the come down to 2 or 1. You can change the setting with VCDS.

I have both mine and the passenger seat on 3 my entire trip to work approx 25 minutes barely warms my seat and the vacant passenger seat is barely warm. 

13 hours ago, Walder said:

I have both mine and the passenger seat on 3 my entire trip to work approx 25 minutes barely warms my seat and the vacant passenger seat is barely warm. 

I'd say that this is abnormal.  I have mine at 3 for a few minutes to get them warm but thereafter have to bring the temperatures down as it is uncomfortably warm.

m.

16 hours ago, 26DIPP said:

7 minutes ago, chimaera said:

The heating mat in the seat cushion is known to fail, so that may be what's happening here. The mat in the base also includes the temperature sensor for the entire seat - if that's gone, you'll get no heat out of it.

Great info are these easy to replace diy or better going to a dealer? 

I think it requires some upholstery pliers. It's not a job I've tackled though my seats are not heating either and I'm feeling it in the mornings lately. If you didn't want to pay through the nose at a dealer, I'd imagine it'd be well within the skills of a trimmer.

my front seats have been slow from day one, no heat at all can be sensed for 10 minutes minimum on the drivers side, the passenger one warms in about 6 and the rears are fantastic and fast.

As it was like it from new i suspect a bad connection somewhere but have never found the time to look for it.

Yea I have the cousin fitting a towbar and ebaich springs in a week or two so I may get him to have a poke around it but it doesn't sound like a simple fix. 

If I get any update from him on potential causes or fixes ill make sure to share them 

I changed my seat mat myself. No special tools required.  

Remove seat,  work your way around the cover then with 2 pairs of plyers,  open the upholstery clips. Fit new mat, and put back together. 1 hour for the base mat start to finish.

But I agree. Takes a fair time to get hot.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2020 at 21:37, WesH said:

I changed my seat mat myself. No special tools required.  

Remove seat,  work your way around the cover then with 2 pairs of plyers,  open the upholstery clips. Fit new mat, and put back together. 1 hour for the base mat start to finish.

But I agree. Takes a fair time to get hot.

Did you take the seat out to do it? 

The seat part of my drivers heater doesn’t work and the rest all take about 10-15 mins to get hot, once they do they are pretty hot though.