Wipers

BRUN

So, all the aftermarket wipers im seeing are actually not the correct size

The genuine ones are crazy money for wiper blades imo, anyone managed to find any aftermarket that are good and the correct size ?

I fitted Bosch aerotwins having used them previously.

The drivers wiper is slightly shorter than OEM but I’ve never noticed any difference or bits of screen that I wish were wiped. 

After a mere 4,100 miles I’m fed up with mine squeaking despite much cleaning of screen and blades.

So I’ll be fitting my spare Bosch blades this weekend.

Front AP24U Right 650mm AP21U Left 450mm

A331H Rear

Or Bosch A864S - Polo blades are longer but were cheaper

ps - our Polo also needed new Bosch blades after only 4,000 miles because the OEM blades dragged and squeaked so much

Edited by BoxerBoy

3 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

After a mere 4,100 miles I’m fed up with mine squeaking despite much cleaning of screen and blades.

So I’ll be fitting my spare Bosch blades this weekend.

Front AP24U Right 650mm AP21U Left 450mm

A331H Rear

Or Bosch A864S - Polo blades are longer but were cheaper

ps - our Polo also needed new Bosch blades after only 4,000 miles because the OEM blades dragged and squeaked so much

I think you might need to adjust the wiper arms. I need to as well

I've used these people https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/suv-1-years-2016-to-2020-wiper-blades for my wiper blade needs for several years now.

They normally offer more than one option of makes, but for the Kodiaq there's only one as you'll see.

There's another, cheaper option here https://www.windscreenwipers.co.uk/suv-2-2016-to-2020-windscreen-wiper-blades/ and there's also other suppliers if you Google it.

I don't know what the difference in postage costs is for the above.

Have a look on Ebay as well. There's some cheaper options there, some of which include postage.

Edited by olderman1

so the only option currently it seems is to fit incorrectly sized blades

I can get Bosch no problem but they dont currently make a dedicated pack for the Kodiaq, only the universal range which dont come in the right size

IIRC the OE sizes are 25inch and 21inch

Edited by BRUN

The Bosch passengers side blade is the correct size it’s only the driver’s side that is slightly smaller when compared to original. As said above it doesn’t make any discernible difference to the wiped area, and are streak/ noise free unlike the originals.

3 hours ago, linni said:

I have been using Bosch Aerotwin Plus wipers, excellent quality.

AP26U - 3 cm longer than original, fits perfectly.

AP21U - same size as original.

thanks, you do find with some cars thats the case, a bigger one will fit, but not always the case, i presume they dont catch anywhere ?

20 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

The Bosch passengers side blade is the correct size it’s only the driver’s side that is slightly smaller when compared to original. As said above it doesn’t make any discernible difference to the wiped area, and are streak/ noise free unlike the originals.

an extra inch can mean all the difference :D 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BRUN said:

thanks, you do find with some cars thats the case, a bigger one will fit, but not always the case, i presume they dont catch anywhere ?

Can’t see why you’d need a bigger than original  blade.

59 minutes ago, BoxerBoy said:

Amazed to find Bosch A864S on Amazon under £18 while Euro Car Parts are £55 and Halfords are same for own brand blades.

Guess which ones I re-ordered?

Bosch A864S appear to consist of a 26” and an18” blade which aren’t the correct size for a Kodiaq. They appear to be correct for a Karoq if you know someone with one :)

Edited by Kenny R

On 21/11/2020 at 19:22, Kenny R said:

Bosch A864S appear to consist of a 26” and an18” blade which aren’t the correct size for a Kodiaq. They appear to be correct for a Karoq if you know someone with one :)

I fitted them to check today.

650 & 450 mm. 25..1/2” & 17.3/4” in old money. An inch longer on RHS.

They fitted and wiped ok. LH is shorter of course, but quite satisfactory.

Gives more options and price difference is significant.

10 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

I fitted them to check today.

650 & 450 mm. 25..1/2” & 17.3/4” in old money. An inch longer on RHS.

They fitted and wiped ok. LH is shorter of course, but quite satisfactory.

Gives more options and price difference is significant.

So an 17 3/4” blade on the passenger side instead of a 21” is quite satisfactory, I wouldn’t think so. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Linni posted

I have been using Bosch Aerotwin Plus wipers, excellent quality.

AP26U - 3 cm longer than original, fits perfectly.

AP21U - same size as original.

I can second this have just put the above on today as driverside had started to judder after 4700 miles the bosch one are far superior and cheaper than the skoda ones which bosch make must use a different rubber on skoda ones?