MySkoda support ends 10th December

farty

I got this message on the app today.  But it appears they will merge Connect and MySkoda and launch a new app called......wait for it

MySkoda!!!!!

Screenshot_20201126-083453.png

In all fairness, the various individual apps that Skoda were pushing out was a complete mess, so this is high-time.  I don't know why they never put it all into Skoda Connect from day one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new "My Skoda" app has now appeared in the Google Play store, with a new icon, but it currently installs the old demised Skoda Connect app, which appears as "Skoda Connect" on the phone and when launched it has an option in the hamburger menu for "My Skoda" which goes to the Play store and enables you to install the old, demised, My Skoda app, which when launched says it's not being supported beyond 10/12/20. What a total mess!

I have MySkoda installed on my Android phone.  I check daily, but there is no update yet.  It was supposed to be available ' after 4/12/20 and after 10/12/20 for iPhone.

2 minutes ago, farty said:

I have MySkoda installed on my Android phone.  I check daily, but there is no update yet.  It was supposed to be available ' after 4/12/20 and after 10/12/20 for iPhone.

The icon is different in the Play store now but, as I said above, trying to install MySkoda with the new icon installs the legacy version of Skoda Connect. If you uninstall Skoda Connect and MySkoda from your phone (assuming you have them both installed) then go to the Play store and reinstall MySkoda then you'll see what I mean.

Well it has and is hasn't. If I follow the link for MySkoda from the Skoda website to the Google play store, the app details show an "updated" date of 4/12, and it has a new icon. The version number, though, is still the same (3.5.5), but the "new" version doesn't behave in the same way as the "old" one after uninstalling and re-installing.

This is what Skoda emailed me last week: "The new MyŠKODA application will be easily recognised by its all new logo and will be available on Google Play (after 04/12/2020) and Apple App Store (after 10/12/2020) as an update of the current ŠKODA Connect App." So we do have a new icon in the Play store, and if you were to (re)install MySkoda it now installs Skoda Connect (which itself has a menu item linking to the "old" MySkoda app which functions as expected and doesn't launch Skoda Connect!

All a work in progress I think!

On my phone is version 7.7.2.  On Play Store it's also 7.7.2 last updated 11/11/2020.

But on my laptop, when I go to Play Store it says 'installed', last updated 10/12/2020 and version 3.5.5.

Go figure!

3.5.5 is the version of Skoda Connect that gets installed when installing MySkoda (with the new icon) from the App Store.

7.7.2 is the version of MySkoda (with the old icon) which gets installed from the link within Skoda Connect (the one installed by new-icon-MySkoda).

I have every confidence it will all get sorted out :D.

• Haha 1

MySkoda now updated to 3.7.0, and it no longer installs as Skoda Connect. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to have kept any of the previous MySkoda features, so the online manual and guide to warning indicators are gone.

I've deleted the MySkoda app and installed the Skoda ConnectLite app as I've just received the Skoda Dataplug from Horton Skoda - to be plugged into my 2015 1.4TSI when the weather gets warmer!

25 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

I've deleted the MySkoda app and installed the Skoda ConnectLite app as I've just received the Skoda Dataplug from Horton Skoda - to be plugged into my 2015 1.4TSI when the weather gets warmer!

Hope you didn’t pay the full price £40 for the data plug, you can get them on a well known auction site for under £5.

The Skoda Connect lite app is pretty useless, same as the other Skoda apps.

I wonder if once they have merged My Skoda and Skoda Connect they’ll have the cheek to ask you to pay £100 per annum for the privilege as they did for Connect.

Well as I thought, Myskoda app no longer functions. Informed to download new Myskoda, link takes you to the useless Skoda Connect app.

So now I’ve lost the only method I had of having service history etc available.

I’ve had Skoda Connect before and I’m certainly not paying £100 for the privilege and also would need to buy a data sim.

Edited by Kenny R

MySkoda stoped working so I uninstalled it and installed the new app.  But I don't have Smartlink and now the app is useless.

Please, everyone, contact Skoda and complain.

Just now, farty said:

MySkoda stoped working so I uninstalled it and installed the new app.  But I don't have Smartlink and now the app is useless.

Please, everyone, contact Skoda and complain.

I have the same issue (my 2015 Octavia doesn't support Smartlink) so I've purchased a Skoda Data Plug and am trying the Skoda Connect Lite app.

First impressions aren't great as it doesn't seem to offer access to the digital service history but I suppose it's better than nothing.

1 minute ago, Blackbat said:

How so? I'm not sure why Smartlink is required to use the app. As I understand it Smartlink is screen mirroring technology.

Smartlink IS required to use Skoda Connect, the connectivity it provides is needed for the Skoda Connect app to work.

On 10/12/2020 at 10:38, Kenny R said:

Well as I thought, Myskoda app no longer functions. Informed to download new Myskoda, link takes you to the useless Skoda Connect app.

So now I’ve lost the only method I had of having service history etc available.

I’ve had Skoda Connect before and I’m certainly not paying £100 for the privilege and also would need to buy a data sim.

4 minutes ago, Blackbat said:

How so? I'm not sure why Smartlink is required to use the app. As I understand it Smartlink is screen mirroring technology.