Door will not open 2007 Superb

WISHBONE

Try banging the door near the lock while pressing the lock/unlock button it might be enough open it, if you do get it open disconnect the electrical plug in the going through the rubber bellows from the B pillar to the door, this will alllow you to lock/unlock manually until you have a chance to replace the lock mechanism, they are available on ebay they are common problem cracked solder joints.

• 4 months later...

I had this problem with near-side rear door (Late 2006 model) . Took it to a local VAG group independent garage and they removed the rear seat to be able to finally get the door card off. It was a long job and I think it cost me about £300. They said it is a common fault. I have also had another common fault with the driver door not locking at all. Had to drive home holding the bloody door shut. That one was cheaper as it is usually caused by a short cable fraying and stopping the locking mechanism from working. Today my fuel filler flap has stopped opening. I guess this is all part of the joy of driving an older car.

• 5 months later...

Is there any movement at all on the chrome door lock indicator pin, when you hit the lock/unlock switch on the door? If so, keep locking/unlocking it; it might take a couple of hundred attempts but it should free up. I had this exact issue with our 2006 Elegance after she’d sat for 6 months or so. Worth a try..