Decisions, decisions....and so it starts

On 22/01/2021 at 16:17, Roberto280 said:

No, that was me missing a word...

Meant to be:

Suspension - Koni Special Actives sitting in front room, hopefully fitted next week

Fronts and rears will be fitted

Hi Roberto. I'm in Ireland too did you get George Dalton to do the re-map? Where did you buy the shocks from, how much were all 4? I would love to do the re-map and shocks on mine too. With this covid looking like it's going to drag on for eternity here I was thinking of going for the Bluefin map as I don't know when I'd get to travel to Laois. He fitted a CC to an Octavia I had a few years ago, very sound bloke in fairness, how much was the revo map? My car is manual so I obviously don't need a DSG flash.

6 hours ago, j caff said:

Hi Roberto. I'm in Ireland too did you get George Dalton to do the re-map? Where did you buy the shocks from, how much were all 4? I would love to do the re-map and shocks on mine too. With this covid looking like it's going to drag on for eternity here I was thinking of going for the Bluefin map as I don't know when I'd get to travel to Laois. He fitted a CC to an Octavia I had a few years ago, very sound bloke in fairness, how much was the revo map? My car is manual so I obviously don't need a DSG flash.

Hey J.

Yep, went to Daltons for the Revo and they fitted the Koni's (bought in Engerland, but George can source them too) 

Travel to Laois for essential car repair :cool:

More than happy with the service and comms with Daltons, will be using them again if/when the time comes.

On 29/01/2021 at 23:09, Gabrielem said:

Thanks for updating. If I could upload photos to see if I have raised the car that would be great. What springs does it have? The ones wearing the Sportline model? Try it more and tell us, I'm very interested!

Here you go Gabrielem,

Above is the Koni's fitted, no noticeable change in ride height, but big difference in ride quality.

Standard Sportline springs still in use:

812930451_Suspensionbeforeafter.jpg.7f80f4275bfa5e1a6ca5eff0e5a70580.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Roberto280 said:

Hey J.

Yep, went to Daltons for the Revo and they fitted the Koni's (bought in Engerland, but George can source them too) 

Travel to Laois for essential car repair :cool:

More than happy with the service and comms with Daltons, will be using them again if/when the time comes.

Many many thanks for your speedy reply R. I found George very nice to deal with. It would make it very handy for me to get it all done in the one place. How much of an improvement are the konis do they completely eliminate the horrible wallowing, it gets very tiresome on back roads I found I have to keep reducing my speed much to the annoyance of following drivers. Little cars like Micra's etc would leave me for dead on back roads which is embarrassing. What's the Revo map like? I have a dtuk pedal box on mine which improved drivability immensely but you can still get caught out overtaking as the car can run out of steam I feel it just needs that extra little bit of grunt. I'd hate to have one of the 115 BHP 2 litres they're putting in the new cars...

1 hour ago, j caff said:

How much of an improvement are the konis do they completely eliminate the horrible wallowing, it gets very tiresome on back roads I found I have to keep reducing my speed much to the annoyance of following drivers. Little cars like Micra's etc would leave me for dead on back roads which is embarrassing.

What's the Revo map like? I have a dtuk pedal box on mine which improved drivability immensely but you can still get caught out overtaking as the car can run out of steam I feel it just needs that extra little bit of grunt. I'd hate to have one of the 115 BHP 2 litres they're putting in the new cars...

Koni's are night and day difference, it's now a sports suspension rather than a wallowy comfort suspension.

Revo remap is great and well worth it for me, going from 280bhp to around 340bhp. I haven't ran out of steam yet B)

The diesel will be a different type of feel, but if anything like the petrol, well worth it.

Could never imagine driving a bus this big with 115bhp :worried:

1 hour ago, Roberto280 said:

Koni's are night and day difference, it's now a sports suspension rather than a wallowy comfort suspension.

Revo remap is great and well worth it for me, going from 280bhp to around 340bhp. I haven't ran out of steam yet B)

The diesel will be a different type of feel, but if anything like the petrol, well worth it.

Could never imagine driving a bus this big with 115bhp :worried:

So a big plus all round so!! Being Irish I'll have to ask you how much it all cost although from reading your replies it's worth every penny. Oh, one last question, is your car the metallic red the expensive one or is it the non metallic? I assumed your car was diesel, certainly with 340 bhp under your foot you'd never run out of puff!!

29 minutes ago, j caff said:

So a big plus all round so!! Being Irish I'll have to ask you how much it all cost although from reading your replies it's worth every penny. Oh, one last question, is your car the metallic red the expensive one or is it the non metallic? I assumed your car was diesel, certainly with 340 bhp under your foot you'd never run out of puff!!

As far as I know it's Corrida red, the base colour.

You can give George Dalton for a price, no idea if the Revo would be the same price or the dampers for the diesel.

Petrol all the way for me, always has been

Thank you very much for the photos, my idea is to put springs from the Sportline with the koni. 

Is it true that at low speeds it absorbs and is "soft" but at higher speeds it becomes hard?  

Anyone know which ones are better di Bilstein or Koni Special Active ??

I'm looking for something more sporty but my baby can go to sleep ...

• 2 months later...

Quick update.

From my original plans:

Power - As said, Stage 1 Revo Engine and DSG done - Won't be going past this, unless something changes, is more than adequate for my wants, averaging about 27mpg with my mixed driving

Suspension - Again as said Koni Special Active fitted with stock springs - More than happy with them, suits my needs nicely

Stereo - In Progress, car has been dropped off and being stripped down as I type, expensive yes - but again matches what I want

What next?

Maybe nothing, really like the car, especially with the changes made.

Only thing I can think of is to make the rear hatch electric, certainly not on the must do list, but on the nice to have list....

1 hour ago, Roberto280 said:

Quick update.

From my original plans:

Power - As said, Stage 1 Revo Engine and DSG done - Won't be going past this, unless something changes, is more than adequate for my wants, averaging about 27mpg with my mixed driving

Suspension - Again as said Koni Special Active fitted with stock springs - More than happy with them, suits my needs nicely

Stereo - In Progress, car has been dropped off and being stripped down as I type, expensive yes - but again matches what I want

What next?

Only thing I can think of is to make the rear hatch electric, certainly not on the must do list, but on the nice to have list....

What are you doing with the stereo?

6 hours ago, Roberto280 said:

Quick update.

From my original plans:

What next?

Is the REVO possible to flash through the OBD using the little thingymebob.........so I can take it on and off myself ??   (used to be called "SBS" or "SPS" unit)

2 hours ago, k.young said:

Is the REVO possible to flash through the OBD using the little thingymebob.........so I can take it on and off myself ??   (used to be called "SBS" or "SPS" unit)

I thought they offered some sort of box as an optional paid extra that allows you to switch between stock and various fuel grade maps etc but I could be wrong.

I just sent back my old bluefin handset (as they’re offering £55 buyback) as I don’t like the low figures they quote for the 280 engine hence wasn’t prepared to pay to have it reset and loaded for my current car but I did like having the option to take it off when required on my last car (140bhp diesel superb 2)

Edited by SkudMissile21

20 hours ago, Roberto280 said:

Quick update.

From my original plans:

What next?

So, what's the plan for the stereo?  How are they dealing with the Canton amp?  It gave me all sorts of headaches.

19 hours ago, k.young said:

Yep, this is the OBDII box:

https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/accessories/serial-port-switch-sps

Didn't bother with it myself, so no experience

5 hours ago, RichTea77 said:

So, what's the plan for the stereo?  How are they dealing with the Canton amp?  It gave me all sorts of headaches.

Canton 'amp' , I wouldn't consider it an amp to be honest, is going in the bin!

On 14/04/2021 at 16:47, j caff said:

6 hours ago, RichTea77 said:

Link to audio system:

On 14/04/2021 at 21:14, k.young said:

I had one for my old car that was mapped with a Revo map and loved having it. Was really quick to plug in and code the ECU, literally took a minute. 

Was useful for me as the car was mapped with loads of mods, so if I was going on a long motorway run I would just put the standard map on it (save some fuel) and when I was out for a proper drive would put the Revo map back on and have some fun. 

It also had an anti-theft mode that would let the engine start but that was it, the car was undriveable with that mode on, handy if it was being left for a while. There was also a valet/garage mode that would limit the revs to 2k or something to stop it getting abused if left with someone else, tried to drive with that map on it but it was a petrol with a huge turbo so didnt go anywhere!