Skoda connect problem

Today I took delivery of a new Octavia IV.  I have created a Skoda ID and can log in to the Skoda Connect app.  The app says I need to activate my car, but whatever I do I cannot get the car to log in to my account.

The car has the Columbus display and when I turn it on it prompts me to log in, but it simply won’t accept my login details.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

It is extremely temperamental.  The first time I successfully logged in, I had my phone plugged in via the USB and Android Auto activated.  I now think that was just a coincidence but you can always give it a try. 

I recently had a week where the car wouldn't load my profile but the dealership looked into this and informed me that the Skoda Connect server was down.  It suddenly worked again one day and now seems to have me logged in every time I go into the car (touch wood).

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Happy new Skoda day.  I picked up my Superb iV this morning, and after finally getting home through the snow set about getting Skoda Connect sorted.  I had exactly the same problems, realised I had caps on so managed to get on when I realised.  Then still couldn't get my details accepted.  Sortered it eventually by using my laptop and updating my details via the Connect portal, went back to the car and got it connected.  Seems to be working now.  I did try turning on the pre heat, and that wouldn't work.  I gave up for the evening then.  I'll re try tomorrow....

Thanks for the replies guys

I do have a capital letter at the start and middle of password, but I am certain I am entering correctly.

I assume that once I have a Skoda connect ID I should just login on the car? I don’t need to actually register on the car do I?

29 minutes ago, SteveAce4p said:

Thanks for the replies guys

I do have a capital letter at the start and middle of password, but I am certain I am entering correctly.

I assume that once I have a Skoda connect ID I should just login on the car? I don’t need to actually register on the car do I?

once you make an account get it logged in on the car, once this is done phone your dealer to activate it you will need to take your drivers licence as proof (this just turns on extra features like unlock and lock although they've never shown on app for me lol)

Afternoon - so picked up my flashy new Octavia this morning and drove home feeling slightly stupid that I couldn't work out how to change the radio station!  A day of manual reading and fiddling is in order...

Anyway, have tried to set up Skoda Connect and while I've set it all up on the PC, the car (which the website has correctly identified) keeps rejecting my username/password.  I've double checked capitals and also reset the password via the website just in case, still nothing.

I did try entering my details and pressing 'register' rather than log-on which asked me to start the car, but it then sat at 'registration in progress' or something like that.  Am I doing something wrong here - for the first time of becoming the primary user do I touch register or logon once I've entered my details?

Any guidance much appreciated!

Just now, SteveAce4p said:

I got mine to work eventually, but had to take the car somewhere different to where I usually park.

I therefore assumed that I had no signal where I park.

Thanks - I've got to go out later so will try from where I park up there.  Did you choose register or log-in when you were in the car can you remember?

4 minutes ago, SteveAce4p said:

I chose to log in.

To be honest I was really disappointed with the app.  It seems to get it to do anything useful you need to get it activated by Skoda by taking it to a dealer. 

Thanks.  I'll have to see how it goes - at the end of the day I can still drive the car, it's just a niggle that it won't complete!

1 hour ago, Matmacka said:

You need to press login not register as thats to make another account, have tou tried parking up outside your house and connecting to your wifi then trying it?

Um, I can connect the car to my wi-fi? :blink: Clearly I haven't been playing with the settings enough - where do I find that option?!  :o

Edit: OK, having dug into the on-line manual more I think I found it, but I missed it originally as it describes connecting Infotainment to a mobile hotspot, but presumably a home wifi does the same!

Edited by MCG1975
More information found

44 minutes ago, MCG1975 said:

Um, I can connect the car to my wi-fi? :blink: Clearly I haven't been playing with the settings enough - where do I find that option?!  :o

Edit: OK, having dug into the on-line manual more I think I found it, but I missed it originally as it describes connecting Infotainment to a mobile hotspot, but presumably a home wifi does the same!

you have connect to wifi (this allows car to connect to a network) or you have hotspot (connecting a device to car network) you want to be connecting the car to wifi, once you get your head around it youll find lots of different things and settings lol, does take a while

• Haha 1

Just now, Matmacka said:

you have connect to wifi (this allows car to connect to a network) or you have hotspot (connecting a device to car network) you want to be connecting the car to wifi, once you get your head around it youll find lots of different things and settings lol, does take a while

also you click settings on infotainment-scroll down to wifi- then i believe connect to wifi or search for wifi 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MCG1975 said:

Woo-hoo - connected to my Wi-Fi and off it went, all registered OK!  Many thanks all....now to work out a few other things that aren't showing up...!!

yayy ahah and ur welcome! Once u het used to it its easy, dont forget one ur done with wifi turn it off and put data commection back on rather then wifi, Whats not showing up buddy? 

4 hours ago, Matmacka said:

yayy ahah and ur welcome! Once u het used to it its easy, dont forget one ur done with wifi turn it off and put data commection back on rather then wifi, Whats not showing up buddy? 

Oh right, I've left WiFi on, will turn off! Still getting used to this connected car, the previous one was a basic Superb so a different kettle of fish.

At present only seeing radio station logos on some dab stations, don't know how to add the missing ones, which isn't just small ones but also some national, eg Classic FM is missing.  Not sure if now the Connect is active these will drop into place?

9 hours ago, MCG1975 said:

Oh right, I've left WiFi on, will turn off! Still getting used to this connected car, the previous one was a basic Superb so a different kettle of fish.

At present only seeing radio station logos on some dab stations, don't know how to add the missing ones, which isn't just small ones but also some national, eg Classic FM is missing.  Not sure if now the Connect is active these will drop into place?

nope i have some missing, i believe you can download onto a usb and add that way, never got round to doing i tbh

51 minutes ago, Matmacka said:

nope i have some missing, i believe you can download onto a usb and add that way, never got round to doing i tbh

Ah, at least it's not just me then, never mind!  I guess if it annoys me sufficiently I will look at it!

After getting the car, dealer will activate you guarantee. It takes 2-3 days, until that you cannot register the primary useer. I got my car a weeks ago and primary user worked after 2 days. However, it is not working an longer. Since the Skoda Connect app disappeared 08.12 and became to mySkoda, the Internet is not working in the car, neither can you deactivate or add any new user. I called the dealer, and told bring it to the service, but it should be not an issue with the car but something central.

1 hour ago, OctIV said:

After getting the car, dealer will activate you guarantee. It takes 2-3 days, until that you cannot register the primary useer. I got my car a weeks ago and primary user worked after 2 days. However, it is not working an longer. Since the Skoda Connect app disappeared 08.12 and became to mySkoda, the Internet is not working in the car, neither can you deactivate or add any new user. I called the dealer, and told bring it to the service, but it should be not an issue with the car but something central.

you can activate a primary user without the dealer, the dealer side is to activate the lock unlock feature via app (still dont work for most) , myskoda wont even let me login says email invalid 🤦‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Matmacka said:

you can activate a primary user without the dealer, the dealer side is to activate the lock unlock feature via app (still dont work for most) , myskoda wont even let me login says email invalid 🤦‍♂️

Yes, right. I just wanted to say that after receiving the car, the dealer will activate the on-line official warranty of the car, since it theoretically starts when you get the keys first time at the shop. And it can happen, that it needs 2-3 days until the whole electronical procedure inside the VW network will be up. Until that, the car may would not promote your user primary. 

• 1 month later...

Tried for an hour to get this working today. Had same problems as others, tried connecting to wifi that also didn’t work. As with a lot of the other software on the new Octavia, absolutely infuriating. Ah well, only 21 months before I can give it back and get something which has been tested better. Nice car, absolutely ruined by software.

• Like 2