Skoda connect problem

My free 12month scoda  connect has just expired  and I have not renewed .

Since then I have noticed that the method of address entry into my navigation system (Columbus) has changed and is very awkward.

If I do not enter the street name first the screen just does nothing.  I must enter the street name first and then the number for any destination to show.

I wonder if the end of my free connect has caused this.

We couldn’t connect our new Octavia, but after a few days and passing ~100 km, everything worked.

Skoda Connect is still unstable though, as it will sometimes not turn on AC at all, or it will but it appears to be only blowing air and not heating. 

I had a software update available today and I'm pleased to say that after updating I was able to log into Skoda Connect for the first time.  At last!  I haven't had the chance to see what else might be fixed but that's a huge step forward.  For me at least.

9 hours ago, Erchie said:

I had a software update available today and I'm pleased to say that after updating I was able to log into Skoda Connect for the first time.  At last!  I haven't had the chance to see what else might be fixed but that's a huge step forward.  For me at least.

had update this morning, not noticed anything obvious as of yet, when it says error fixed they should put what errors so we can tick them of our lists of issues to be resolved 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
18 minutes ago, Vocnorth said:

At my end with this car now.  Problem after problem.

Same as everyone else, car won't accept my details to log in. They're correct. 

You say everyone else?are you sure about that?most of us on here are twisting about problems but the vast majority are having no problems at all.

When I said everyone else. I meant the participants of this thread, who all have the same issue. 

As for the wider world I'm not sure. But my pal that works in Skoda France says the early 4's are "A complete and utter disaster". So if there are folk out there with good ones, they're in the minority :)

The issues are compounded by the wife's new Nissan just doing everything it should do with no fuss. Which grates a little around the dinner table.