Where are all the used vRS 245s?

There aren’t any in the Skoda website and only 1 on Autotrader. I’m not looking to buy but trying to gauge the value of mine. 

I thought that we would be startling to see the first leased cars hit the market as they were excellent value via that finance method. Maybe I’m a bit early?

There were lots up in September and October and they sold very quickly and I bought one of them. I noticed that after that numbers have dwindled.

Yes mine is only 13000 on 18 plate. Don’t know if it helps but mine is the 245 DSG edition and I paid £19000 and just missed another that was up for just under £20000. In September they were all up for around that on 18 plates for the edition model. Apparently it’s a bit rarer than stock 245 but doubt that makes much difference price wise.

Where are they? We've all bought them after the lease period! No way was I letting anyone else have 'my' 245.

There's a red 50k miler on Auto Trader. Not identical to yours but should give you a rough idea. At 2 years old in Feb this year, I paid £17k with 20k miles, 2018 67 plate, manual, no options superleggera edition 😁

On 08/12/2020 at 22:55, Swirly182 said:

Where are they? We've all bought them after the lease period! No way was I letting anyone else have 'my' 245.

There's a red 50k miler on Auto Trader. Not identical to yours but should give you a rough idea. At 2 years old in Feb this year, I paid £17k with 20k miles, 2018 67 plate, manual, no options superleggera edition 😁

Yep, exactly this. I'm notoriously bad for getting bored with cars, so leasing also kept my costs down as had to keep it for lease duration.  Still no where near finished with my 67 plate 245 vRS. Made VWFS a very cheeky offer in April /first lockdown (my 3 year lease was due to be up in Sept!) and they took it.  Definite keeper. 

Edited by 7ncj

10 minutes ago, Steve vRS said:

My lease ends in June 2021. How early

can you buy and ‘how worth it’ was it?

You can buy whenever you like, but you have to factor in the early termination fees (50% of remaining lease payments). Whilst VWFS insisted it had to be kept separate they did reduce their final offer to fully offset the termination fee. 

They came down significantly over a few weeks of discussions. No doubt helped by the great lease deal too, but the total I paid for my 245 (with dsg, panoramic roof, keyless and a couple of smaller options) was almost exactly £20k. That includes the total paid under the lease plus what I paid to the buy it outright. 

I think there was a big element of luck in timing as used car values were in freefall then and they clearly need to get some cash in. 

Although not a vRS 245, but a 230, 2017 petrol manual with 22k miles, I struggled to get some prices to compare as my contract hire was expiring in January and wanted to purchase the car. I only found 9 similar models on Autotrader last month. However after some easy negotiations with BCA managed to purchase the car last week for £13.5k which was a fair bit cheaper than the models advertised on Autotrader. very pleased with the price and smooth transaction.

11 hours ago, Shaneg87 said:

Pick my 245 dsg up tomorrow. 69 plate. 4K miles few decent extras £21k

Enjoy if you can get out anywhere to drive it 😂 It’s a brilliant car and I love mine but with all the lockdowns and home working I’ve only done 1000 miles in it since September. Mind you I’ve enjoyed all of them and even the school run has been a pleasure 👍

• 3 weeks later...

I got a meteor grey 245 DSG 2018/67 plate on one of the great lease deals. Got an offer of £17,225 offer last year for just over 10k miles but couldn't stump up the cash so extended for another year. This years quote come in at £16,800 for 14,500 and they are barely shifting on the price. 

Dunno if last years price was just a steal, or used prices have gone stupid but WBAC was only offering £13.5k. Really don't wanna let this go but this 2k 'loss' is breaking my heart. 

18 minutes ago, scottyc said:

I got a meteor grey 245 DSG 2018/67 plate on one of the great lease deals. Got an offer of £17,225 offer last year for just over 10k miles but couldn't stump up the cash so extended for another year. This years quote come in at £16,800 for 14,500 and they are barely shifting on the price. 

Dunno if last years price was just a steal, or used prices have gone stupid but WBAC was only offering £13.5k. Really don't wanna let this go but this 2k 'loss' is breaking my heart. 

Car values are going down massively at the moment. It is a buyers market but not a sellers.

43 minutes ago, scottyc said:

Why is it a loss if you pay £16800 for it?  You will still have a car you like, the huge plus is that you know the history of the car. WBAC is a business and simply trying to make a profit , i.e try to retail it for around £16K,  as that's the going rate for avg mileage 3 year old VRS. A concern is that a new manual MkIV VRS can be bought for £26K and may drive down used MkIII values. 

35 minutes ago, Redboy said:

Why is it a loss if you pay £16800 for it?  You will still have a car you like, the huge plus is that you know the history of the car. WBAC is a business and simply trying to make a profit , i.e try to retail it for around £16K,  as that's the going rate for avg mileage 3 year old VRS. A concern is that a new manual MkIV VRS can be bought for £26K and may drive down used MkIII values. 

By loss I just meant lost savings. It works out around 2k difference in total cost of payments if I had bought last year. So i'm just trying to figure out how there's only £425 apparent depreciation from year 2 to 3 and if it's just bad timing with the quote.

• Like 1

I would have said values have held exceptionally well in the last year.

Go on AutoTrader and dealers are still advertising 67/18 plate cars at £18,000 to £19,000 for 245s under 20,000 miles. You obviously have to account for 'doing a deal' margin etc. with advertised prices but those sort of figures are impressive in terms of residual on a Skoda. The cheapest one out there last time I looked was still over £16,000 with 50,000 miles on it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kenai said:

I would have said values have held exceptionally well in the last year.

Go on AutoTrader and dealers are still advertising 67/18 plate cars at £18,000 to £19,000 for 245s under 20,000 miles. You obviously have to account for 'doing a deal' margin etc. with advertised prices but those sort of figures are impressive in terms of residual on a Skoda. The cheapest one out there last time I looked was still over £16,000 with 50,000 miles on it.

Agreed. Dealer prices of cars like mine are still considerably more than what I bought it for a year ago when the lease ended.