Bike ride stats/Strava etc

olduns

I have just racked up 220 kms in the last week with a day off on Wednesday, mostly trails, very few roads, 62.5 km yesterday, 31 today, all within the 10km as the crow flies radius that we are allowed to exercise in, its very hilly terrain around me, yesterday was 450m of elevation gain, today 320m.

• Like 2

A shorter one today to complete a Strava challenge, tried to keep to singletrack in the woods and in Chad's Ditch /Badger Hill area. Coffee stop at the same place as yesterday plus Squashed Fly biscuits. 

Good view of our local 'tump' to the Wrekin and Long Mynd on the edge of my route

IMG_20210425_131508.jpg

IMG_20210425_135250.jpg

Screenshot_20210425_143350_com.wahoofitness.fitness.jpg

Stolen Goat, 400 mins 5th - 25th April, didn't join until middle of last week I think? 

Signed up for:

Le Col level up,- 420 mins ending 9th May

SunGod Breakaway 200 - 200 mins ending 5th May

Mammut #dearmountain - 10 hrs ending 20th May

• Like 1

A ride of 2 halves.... 2nd half in hail but just beat the snow as I got home

Le Col challenge completed, 105mins left of Mammut to do

Screenshot_20210505_144342_com.wahoofitness.fitness.jpg

Screenshot_20210505_144408_com.wahoofitness.fitness.jpg

Edited by olduns
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, olduns said:

Arse over tit as I crossed from road to trail.... Ditch full of leaves, not a flat surface 🤭

there mustve been something in the air today, bits of last nights meteor shower perhaps? :rofl:

Oops... Forgot to press resume for the drop and looooong climb to the café so the figures are all skewed. I'll take a look later and see if the climb is on Strava.(not Strava but Mapometer says around about .5 mile and 7-10% ) 

Probably missed 20 mins on the stats, from somewhere in the tree line on pic on RH side to where it was taken, first climb for a long time I've felt Lactic building up

IMG_20210509_123956.jpg

Screenshot_20210509_144118_com.wahoofitness.fitness.jpg

Edited by olduns
  • Like 2

Not too bad, not used anything other than Rapid Robs on the Felt which are a Summer gravel tyre or the Forekasters that came on the Whyte which are more aggressive than I've used. 

The Vittorias for me are OK for what I do, I really need to play with pressures more and on the Fox's 

18 hours ago, olduns said:

Nice ones.... I'm guessing they're not MTB rides 😀

Oh no, deffo not.  I'm doing Ride across Britain in September, these were two consecutive road days as training rides to re-assure myself I could :) The actual event is 980 miles over 9 consecutive days which is going to be a big ask...

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, mac11irl said:

anyone got their gradient profiles? id loke to see that too ;)

for whatever reason it looks like i stopped posting mine so i'll start again...

yesterdays...and i completed the Tissot 150 as well

13 May 21.JPG

• Like 1

On 14/05/2021 at 14:32, edwards said:

Oh no, deffo not.  I'm doing Ride across Britain in September, these were two consecutive road days as training rides to re-assure myself I could :) The actual event is 980 miles over 9 consecutive days which is going to be a big ask...

RAB? I thought of doing that until someone who'd ridden it twice (and then stopped) said make sure you pack imodium  :mmm:

Short one today, under Layered so I got a touch wet and muddy. 🙄

Also made a new friend at the Coffee stop

Screenshot_20210516_163051_com.wahoofitness.fitness.jpg

IMG_20210516_133136.jpg

16 may 21.JPG

Edited by olduns

first ride out with my usual Saturday group, i'd forgotten what is is like not going at your own pace  :D

you may notice i didnt finish at the start...

go tubeless they said  :rolleyes:...first puncture for a while which wouldnt re-seal, could see the goo coming from centre of tread but no joy.

tyre off, valve out, throw in a tube, still nothing!

so the mile walk of shame it was :sadsmile:

turns out the 'new' tube had a split and the tyre sidewall also was split, presumably pinched before i realised it was too flat to ride.

so tube thrown away, patch wouldn't hold, and now need to try and patch the sidewall or just go back to tubed on the rear until i replace the tyres

22 may 21.JPG

Screenshot_20210523_124749_com.wahoofitness.fitness.jpg

Edited by olduns
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, olduns said:

first ride out with my usual Saturday group, i'd forgotten what is is like not going at your own pace  :D

you may notice i didnt finish at the start...

go tubeless they said  :rolleyes:...first puncture for a while which wouldnt re-seal, could see the goo coming from centre of tread but no joy.

tyre off, valve out, throw in a tube, still nothing!

so the mile walk of shame it was :sadsmile:

turns out the 'new' tube had a split and the tyre sidewall also was split, presumably pinched before i realised it was too flat to ride.

so tube thrown away, patch wouldn't hold, and now need to try and patch the sidewall or just go back to tubed on the rear until i replace the tyres

ah that sucks man, if you have any paper money around (like the old style)  chuck it in the sealant over the hole and it should seal.

what sealant you using ?