Bike ride stats/Strava etc

olduns

MTB (or Road) whichever takes your fancy...

I try and get out at least once a week, 2-3 hrs, 10-15 miles

no my **** is bigger than yours...;)  we all do it for different things

Me...trying for fitness, maybe too late but hey-ho...59, 5'10, 15 stone or 95kgs in new money

avg HR usually around 135-140 ish, max 175-180 for short periods only - i'll slow down when the eyes pop out

(may take me a while to sort out links etc, bear with me..)

https://www.strava.com/activities/4504014987

Edited by olduns

Glad to see that I am not the only one whose purple tart can rise to the occasion when demanded and give a lot more than its supposed 100%.

135-140 maintained for 3 hours is very good, listen to your body and become attuned to what it is telling you.

You will find some days you just dont feel right, everything is a struggle, when you look at the data later you will see that you could not get it up :D

I ran for the first time in a couple of months today and it was very difficult, you lose condition very quickly, it comes back just as quick but only with determination and hard graft.

My theoretical MHR is 159 and I have peaked at 201 on the running track, when the stars are in line I can maintain 160 for an hour before dropping to a similar average to yours, when things are right it will shoot up to 160 within 30 seconds of setting off at a very slow warm up pace with the group, a bit like the captain ordering the engine room to get up full steam on the boilers, then there are the days like 2 days ago where for whatever reason it would not go above 117 and I felt very very weary.

What is your resting heart rate Olduns?

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

What is your resting heart rate Olduns?

Usually mid 50's to 60....on 5mg Amlodopin per day for the last 2yrs

Edited by olduns

I ride a road bike and do 50 odd miles at least twice a week, lockdown #1 was hard work/boring solo but recently it's been 2, up to 6 when permitted.  I've had a really good year and recorded the most distance since records began (2004 as just yearly paper totals, but since 2011 every ride recorded via GPS).

I use a Garmin Explore GPS as a speedo - it will also do SatNav if I'm somewhere unknown, say on a tour - back in the day when that could be done.

The Garmin website stores all ride data and I've just added a heart strap and cadence magnet to get those stats though only 15 rides so far. Heart rate average range 105-120, max between 146-172, leg rate averages 65-78 rpm. Resting heart rate is 57 just sat here. I'm 59, 6' 2" and 180lbs/82kgs.

I incidentally was also 15 stone/95kg until I started cycling more regularly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NJRJ said:

I incidentally was also 15 stone/95kg until I started cycling more regularly.

i was 17+ stone, 110kg? 2 yrs ago until i broke my wrist and visited the doctors...usual stuff....overweight, BP too high

i'll attach screenshots of my rides for those without Strava

yesterdays...

22 dec '20.JPG

• Like 1

Similar story to you guys but since having regular NHS check ups every 5 years starting at age 45 I've noticed my weight steadily climbing and at age 50 I was recorded at a GP Surgery at 94kg then again at 55 I was now 98kg so 4kg gain in 5 years. Tend to do good long walks in the summer and on holiday but can't be bothered going to the gym, So during 2 weeks of quarantine jumped on a free gift from my Dad and didn't realise how addictive exercise can be. Now down to 92kg after over 700km on the fitness bike and it seems to burn about 100 calories every 10 minutes and today I have set myself a distance target of 40km and will update on my progress on my own thread. I'm now 56 and 6 feet tall. I think it is good whatever exercise we all take to look after ourselves because we owe it to our partners, family and most importantly to the NHS staff to stay healthy. Happy Xmas everyone who likes to cycle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, olduns said:

dry outside now but i know the ground is still ****ty :D

tried indoor trainer at first, doesnt really do it for me not when i'm 2 mins away from the mud and dirt :giggle:

When I was very small used to eat mud because I didn't know any better. Now the only mud I like is a Mississippi Mud Pie.

• Like 1

I should have been out 2-3 times since Xmas but snowy, icy, cold so maintenance and tubeless today. 

These rear pads went in mid October... 

I need to sort out rear caliper/disc alignment since the Mavic went in, so much for industry 'standards', rotor needs spacing out a tad as no more adjustment on the mounts. 

Halfway through tubeless mounting, inflated with no sealant at the moment, just a tiny seep out of beads, sealant in tomorrow. 

IMG_20210102_190302.jpg

Cannock can be quite abrasive on pads in the wet with the grit on the official trails. I have shredded a set on one lap of the Donkey in the past. 

Is there no available free play in the rear axle to help better align the disc to the calliper before closing the axle bolt/skewer?

QR dropouts so no wriggle room, using the Mavic supplied adaptors, got an old rotor to cut up and use as a spacer and hopefully get a better alignment. 

I don't do FTD or the Monkey, usually quiet single-track, trails or fire roads but still the same old gritty stuff

Tyres stayed up so off I went on 2021's first ride.... Ice, snow, slush and mud.... Lovely 👍

Damn... Wahoo and Strava don't agree on time... 3 mins short of 2hrs on the Supersapiens challenge 😕

Screenshot_20210106_145252_com.wahoofitness.fitness.jpg

Screenshot_20210106_145351_com.wahoofitness.fitness.jpg

Edited by olduns

One part of the Chase snowy, icy trails, the other colder but wetter and muddier... Proper mud-fest 😀

I may be struggling to get the 7.5hrs in.... Time to try the lights out methinks. 🤔

Screenshot_20210110_145911_com.wahoofitness.fitness.jpg

Screenshot_20210110_150040_com.wahoofitness.fitness.jpg

think ill be alright for the supersapiens 7hrs, and 100km Jan challenge. the 200km is looking dodgy though... need to average 7km every day for the next 21days!! im only meant to be running 4 times a week..

• 2 weeks later...

Part of the Chase very few MTB's go and even there its off the fire roads. 

May all change when the majority of lay-by's close and all car parks are pay and display to pay for the fencing  to force everyone on the same trails