Scratch removal

Nick-F

Hi all, after some advice, I work as a district nurse and was greeted by a pair of farm dogs pawing at my drivers door, I now have scratches bless them, after any suggestions for getting rid of them, scratches not the dogs lol. I was planning to use t-cut but this is only because it’s all I know about and thought the world of scratch removal may have moved on in the last 30 years or so 😆

51783AC8-BE4D-45E9-8E1A-B5A1D49E7BD0.jpeg

• Administrators

Hi Nick,

Those cheshire farm dogs ;) I was welcomed by a wolf hound many years ago.... I was like 6 and it was odd looking up at a dog. I got back in the van PDQ. Sandbach was my old school :)

Now as to scratches, umm, t-cut likewise only ever used on older solid colours, when they applied a decent thickness of paint too.

I'm going to move this to styling/care as it's more likely to get a wiser pair of eyes than mine. Scratches after all are universal across all models.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

If you use t cut don’t rub hard on only the scratch area do the panel .If you put  good Quality polish on top. straight away it neutralises the ammonia that can. Damage yore paintwork  

If you have to correct yourself by hand, GTechniq P1 Nano works very well with a foam applicator. You will be at it a while though, work it in small circles with some pressure. Have a bottle of water handy to mist on it, this will reactivate the polish.

As others have said, machine correction with a dual action (DA) polisher is preferable but you may not have ready access to this and the required pads and compounds.

Much will depend on how deep the scratch is, if it's gone all the way through the clear coat the best you will manage is to soften the appearance of it.

EDIT: Just realised this is a thread revival 🙄 Hope it worked out for you!