Faults reported to dealer

I have reported the following faults to dealer and have booked me in for 27th jan for 2 days, they are as follows....

Passenger seat - repaired last month as was squeaking loudly when passenger using seat, they found a defect (seat rail or something) now broke again

Air bag error

Proactive occupant protection system unavailable

Parking assist error

Start/stop error- start stop hardly worked since last error

Sensors slow - mainly front

Issues when start cold - infotainment stuck and lights dont come on (welcome home and interior lights till ignition pressed) 

Front assist limited availability

No lock/unlock on app 

will keep you updated for anyone else having any of these issues

• Like 1

Good, & good luck,

but as well as reporting to the Dealership to be passed on to Skoda and on the system put a report / list to Skoda UK in writing , who are the Importer and responsible for the Manufacturers Warranty and the Warranty work being done by your agent & their Approved Repairer which is the Dealership.

Then they can not say 'Never heard of this before'.      Well they can because they are Sales People and clerks and call centre staff,  but then Skoda CZ need to know and act on the Fundamental Design, Manufacturing, or Materials, Hardware or Software.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

Good, & good luck,

but as well as reporting to the Dealership to be passed on to Skoda and on the system put a report / list to Skoda UK in writing , who are the Importer and responsible for the Manufacturers Warranty and the Warranty work being done by your agent & their Approved Repairer which is the Dealership.

Then they can not say 'Never heard of this before'.      Well they can because they are Sales People and clerks and call centre staff,  but then Skoda CZ need to know and act on the Fundamental Design, Manufacturing, or Materials, Hardware or Software.

apparently its all going to be forwarded on as they aint happy them selfs as its a brand new car and should not be doing this. Will ask to see that its been forwarded on, half of it is software and i know the dealers wont be able to fix, will only be fixed with a software update is my guess

• Like 2

VW Group  / Skoda rushed out vehicles not actually ready so that they have the low Average Co2 g/km figures to save them paying the penalty if not meeting what they require.

Do not allow Skoda / VW Group to be costing you any money and time while they are responsible for selling goods not fit for purpose.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

VW Group  / Skoda rushed out vehicles not actually ready so that they have the low Average Co2 g/km figures to save them paying the penalty if not meeting what they require.

Do not allow Skoda / VW Group to be costing you any money and time while they are responsible for selling goods not fit for purpose.

oh yeah i know mate, thanks

• Like 1

Apparently remote lock / unlock isn’t available on all cars. I was told this by someone from Skôda UK. Not sure why and feeling a bit aggrieved about the omission of something that was listed in the brochure. 

• Groan 1

29 minutes ago, fox2319 said:

Apparently remote lock / unlock isn’t available on all cars. I was told this by someone from Skôda UK. Not sure why and feeling a bit aggrieved about the omission of something that was listed in the brochure. 

how strange, the website for skoda connect says it should have it. Dont see why certain cars would and others wouldnt as dont seem to be an optional purchase. And yea i was the day i got it and noticed no auto boot button on drivers door yet website and builder says came as standard 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matmacka said:

I have reported the following faults to dealer and have booked me in for 27th jan for 2 days, they are as follows....

Passenger seat - repaired last month as was squeaking loudly when passenger using seat, they found a defect (seat rail or something) now broke again

Air bag error

Parking assist error

Issues when start cold - infotainment stuck and lights dont come on (welcome home and interior lights till ignition pressed) 

No lock/unlock on app 

You report several of the issues which have impacted me.  As regards the Lock/Unlock on the App I received a response yesterday from Dean Goodwin
Customer Relations Manager, Skoda UK viz: 

"I can advise that we have received an update from our ŠKODA Connect Technical Team and they have confirmed that the remote Lock & Unlock feature is not available for your vehicle and cannot be added. I apologies for any disappointment that this may cause."

I responded by quoting the advertising blurb, brochure and from the App site where there is a facility to check your vehicle by VIN which clearly indicates that it is available.  They really are incredible.

As this saga continues to the more minded I am to progress with a full refund on return of my car.  Perhaps if more purchasers progressed this way the impact may have the desired affect?  I have written to my supplying dealer asking for this.

30 minutes ago, Nosnehm said:

As regards the Lock/Unlock on the App I received a response yesterday from Dean Goodwin
Customer Relations Manager, Skoda UK viz: 

As this saga continues to the more minded I am to progress with a full refund on return of my car.  Perhaps if more purchasers progressed this way the impact may have the desired affect?  I have written to my supplying dealer asking for this.

I think it was Dean I was speaking with. 

I’m half tempted with the refund route but I believe that, after the first month, your right to a refund is less clear  

Edited by fox2319

36 minutes ago, fox2319 said:

I think it was Dean I was speaking with. 

I’m half tempted with the refund route but I believe that, after the first month, your right to a refund is less clear  

If you report the faults within first 30 days, and Skoda is unable to fix them (and dealer not booking in car for a while is not fixing), then should be able to reject without questions.

There is also the vehicle not as advertised, if a feature is not there, then the sale contract is not 100% fulfilled.  The normal practice in these situations is to offer you a price reduction as you are effectively getting substandard item. You do not have to accept this offer, or could counter-offer with something like £1000 off or rejection still takes place.  No one else can place a value on how you value a particular feature.

As a general rule, beyond the 30 days, dealer has to be given a chance to rectify the problem (one chance, can’t keep having a go at it), if they can’t fix it (and a partial fix is not meeting the rectification criteria), then can still reject, but would be expected to pay for usage for time you used it.  (As example if you had it 3 months, paying the equivalent of 3 months contract hire PCH rate would be reasonable, being asked to take big loss to cover a potential resale margin isn’t, a realistic deduction is bit of a grey area), so won’t get 100% of your money back.

If you do reject, not obliged to get a replacement from same dealer (even if they offer you a deal), you are totally at liberty to take your returned cash and buy something from elsewhere, even another car brand.

Don’t worry about the dealer ending up with a rejected car, or moaning about inconvenience or losing money, not your problem, they have their own contract with Skoda where they can get remedies.

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 2

Many thanks for your advice.  I have already written to the dealer rejecting the car and relying on Consumer Rights Act 2015 but that letter was received by them within 30 days of me accepting delivery of the vehicle.  As yet I have been unable to obtain any response whatsoever.

43 minutes ago, Jmagee said:

The lock/ unlock via app seems to require approval from Skoda/ the dealer to register you on the skoda connect system. I've asked me dealer to approve me at the weekend

this was done the day i got the car and it says that im approved, you have to take your drivers licence to dealer in order for this to be done, i still dont have access to lock/unlock 

If I were a dealer stuck between Skoda delivering something that does not correspond to their advertising and a customer rejecting a car because he cannot unlock it from his mobile phone I might be tempted to unlock their car when they lock it and lock it when they unlock it :D

45 minutes ago, J.R. said:

If I were a dealer stuck between Skoda delivering something that does not correspond to their advertising and a customer rejecting a car because he cannot unlock it from his mobile phone I might be tempted to unlock their car when they lock it and lock it when they unlock it :D

a bit more then just lock/unlock via app though aint it 

I have no idea what the app does and frankly would prefer to remain ignorant.

If it results in some (to me) perfectly usable cars being rejected and sold off cheap to those who appreciate them for their primary function as a means of transport then that is fine by me.

10 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I have no idea what the app does and frankly would prefer to remain ignorant.

If it results in some (to me) perfectly usable cars being rejected and sold off cheap to those who appreciate them for their primary function as a means of transport then that is fine by me.

not saying i dont appreciate it, i love the car apart from the niggles and id understand but my cars been to the dealer 3 times already for work! And from my list you can see its not just about not appreciating the primary functions theres some safety issues

1 hour ago, Matmacka said:

as seen as we share the same software platform i hope they wake up and see we also have issues

Thanks for this, I have emailed copy of the link to my dealership who I know were due to be contacting Skoda UK today to progress my issues.  Lets hope that they roll it out across the VAG group of affected vehicles.

On 12/01/2021 at 10:19, Matmacka said:

Air bag error

Parking assist error

No lock/unlock on app 

Wow that's a long list.

Here is my experience so far (5200km)

1. I haven't had such an issue with the seat.

2. No Airbag error whatsoever so far.

3. No such issue

4. Parking assist error - usually it is veeery intermittent, usually if the screen is frozen or something, but it resolves it self, from time to time.

5. Start and Stop - had an error in the first 300km. They found out what the issue was and reported it to Skoda. They changed some parameters manually, and never had any issues since.
I was reached back by my Skoda dealer to double check if all was fine. Knock on wood it is great.

6. Yeah I have the smaller infotainment, and it gets stuck. They did an update. Nope. I have to hold the button for 5-6 seconds and it restarts and resolves the issue. It's just electronics I have understanding as long as it manages to get it self back to work.

7. No such issue.

8. Reach the dealer. They registered me, and with the update I had couple of months ago, it works flawlessly. 

3 minutes ago, OctaviaMK4 said:

Wow that's a long list.

Here is my experience so far (5200km)

1. I haven't had such an issue with the seat.

2. No Airbag error whatsoever so far.

3. No such issue

4. Parking assist error - usually it is veeery intermittent, usually if the screen is frozen or something, but it resolves it self, from time to time.

5. Start and Stop - had an error in the first 300km. They found out what the issue was and reported it to Skoda. They changed some parameters manually, and never had any issues since.
I was reached back by my Skoda dealer to double check if all was fine. Knock on wood it is great.

6. Yeah I have the smaller infotainment, and it gets stuck. They did an update. Nope. I have to hold the button for 5-6 seconds and it restarts and resolves the issue. It's just electronics I have understanding as long as it manages to get it self back to work.

7. No such issue.

8. Reach the dealer. They registered me, and with the update I had couple of months ago, it works flawlessly. 

tbf its long as saved all the issues then take in for it all at once then. Was hoping would all go away but nope, and with issue 8 i am registered and still nothing not that im massively bothered but i thought with it going in ill mention it, im hoping most is related and solved when it goes in, as for the seat its a weird one as only person who usually uses that seat is small and thin and not in as much as ism and they dont move the seat so odd how this keeps happening

• Like 1

Hey, 

Regarding lock/unlock on app - do you lack the two circles, or does it tell you that this is not available for you? The two circles are located on the tab where you can see whether the car is locked/unlocked. If you have them, but upon clicking get an "error" - then they have to register your driver's license in the portal and enable it for you. 
I did that today, in Bulgaria it is as complex as it can go, as the dealer here has made up a process to require authorization from the lease company and also requires a 5EUR payment... silly, but true.