Sunroof leaking

Other models in the Skoda range, especially the Yeti, seem to have inherent problems with leaking panoramic sunroofs. 

Cant say I’ve seen any reports on here or the Kodiaq forum of Kodiaq’s having any problems.

I've come across a few in the dealership but they're very few and far between on the kodiaq.

Keep the seals clean 

Remove any moss

Make sure nothing gets trapped in the guides

Don't use pressurised water to clean the roof

Edited by James@RRG_Skoda_Rochdale

As above, not aware of issues on Kodiaq. No problems with out Karoq either but it did undergo some manufacturer recall at it's last service to check sunroof drain plugs.

I know two people with Tiguans and both have experienced leaking roofs. The cars are between 2--3 years old. Seems to be a common fault with them.     

• 1 month later...

I had two friends with issues with their sun roofs on Kodiaq’s  One was what looked like glue blocking the drain hole, which a small screw driver managed to remove and the other was bits of sycamore seeds. The sycamore seeds was the worse, took ages to get all the bits out.

Edited by Jfhuk

• 5 months later...

I have a Skoda Superb Laurien Klement 2016 ,280 bhp 4x4 ,when raining like today my internal walls pillars are getting soaked.

I've actually open a topic on the Skoda Superb forum regarding if anyone can help with any advice,thoughts on this subject please.

On 17/01/2021 at 08:52, DaddyDave said:

Help .. so I've just seen on a Facebook forum there is issues with pan roofs leaking causing issues ... is this true or just a few People jumping on social media complaining 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, pinkpanther said:

Suspect these issues will become more prevalent with the passage of time.

The panoramic sunroof was the reason for me parting with my last Yeti.

Hi, was the internal walls pillars getting soaked in your car too, did you experienced exactly the same issue please?What did the dealership say about It please?

Does this means that this actually is a car  manufacturing defect clearly ?

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thank you for your help,it is highly appreciated.

• 4 months later...

Yeti sunroof leaked. Last car was 2011 Superb estate....had to sell it as the footwell became a swimming pool. Rubbish design, new superb does not have a sunroof. It seems that it can unbond itself from the car which is what happened to mine, and the drainage channels can block easily. Plus its 100kg apparently 🙄