roomster mk1 instrument cluster renoval

beardies

Just in the process of elimination  with an intermittent immobiliser fault on my 2011 1.2 petrol.

Can anyone advise how to remove the part of the dash needed to get at the screws holding the instrument pod in place, to try a "run the solder" on  the connection board.

Good vids available on fabia's and octavivia's, which look pretty easy but nothing on a Roomster which is not the same assembly... there does not seem to be any dash retaining screws visible.

Thankyou

Yes had a try at that and probing gently with an old cd around the cluster box outer trim to see if any retaining clips need releasing. but to no avail. will do a bit more digging maybe someone from Eastern Europe has posted a video on the procedure,   as the Roomster seems to have sold better in Europe.. Thanks for your suggestion,regards

Ok problem solved. threw myself at the mercy of the local Skoda dealership and the service guy kindly  gave me the procedure.

Yes Wino you were in the right ballpark. They use a special plastic tool but I used two old credit cards placed strategically against 2 hidden clips  , then pretty firmly prize the cluster cover away. Then remove top steering wheel and indicators cover. So will have a shot at soldering the board when this weather clears, otherwise it's over to the dealership for a new ignition barrel and chip reader coil or god forbid an ECU

Thanks to all

• Like 1