Superb SE L Executive - Blind Spot Assist

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up a good deal on a MY17 Superb SE L Executive estate, however there doesn't seem to be an option in the settings to turn on any assist functions beyond Front Assist.

The advert stated that it came with Side Assist and Blind Spot Detection, but there doesn't appear to be anyway of turning these on in my settings menu. It leads me to believe that the advert, in error, included features which aren't available. So I have a couple of questions;

• Did the MY17 SE L Executive come with the full range of assist functions as standard, or were they an optional extra which haven't been spec'd to my vehicle
  • Is there anyway to retro fit them to the vehicle? I was quite looking forward to having them as an option and it was one of the selling points on the advert which made me buy this particular model
  • Is there any way for me to identify my vehicle and see it's full spec list? 

FYI the vehicle came with powered boot door and full leather trim, so I'm assuming it's an SE L Executive. The advert said it is, but again, may have been referenced incorrectly.

Many thanks!

13 hours ago, billyshears said:
  • Is there anyway to retro fit them to the vehicle? I was quite looking forward to having them as an option and it was one of the selling points on the advert which made me buy this particular model
  • Is there any way for me to identify my vehicle and see it's full spec list? 

retrofitting a BSM system is quite complex, involves lots of wiring, and has many components.

with regards to a full spec list for ur vehicle, get urself a Skoda erWin subscription for 24hrs, and get an 8 pg (or so) report for every PR code used to build ur specific car (based on ur VIN).

"7Y9 - Blind spot monitor plus lane keeping system" is what u'd b looking for in ur build/spec sheet.

8 hours ago, JR RS said:

retrofitting a BSM system is quite complex, involves lots of wiring, and has many components.

with regards to a full spec list for ur vehicle, get urself a Skoda erWin subscription for 24hrs, and get an 8 pg (or so) report for every PR code used to build ur specific car (based on ur VIN).

"7Y9 - Blind spot monitor plus lane keeping system" is what u'd b looking for in ur build/spec sheet.

There was Blind Spot (which also includes Rear traffic monitor), and a higher vision (including lane keeping)

10 hours ago, Jase_31 said:

There was Blind Spot (which also includes Rear traffic monitor), and a higher vision (including lane keeping)

Agree my 2019 SEL ex. Only has blind spot ( plus rear traffic monitor) but no lane keeping