Front seats - comfortable?

Promark747

Hi all, we are considering a Scala SE L but haven’t been able to drive one because of restrictions. Purely subjective I know but wondered what owners felt about the comfort of the front seats for long journeys? Thanks in advance.  

Purely subjective, as you say, but: I find the seats more comfortable than the Fabia (I had a 2017 SE L until very recently). The adjustable lumbar support is spot on, and the armrest seems more substantial.

I've done a few long journeys since I collected my Scala and have no complaints. Driving a bigger car is taking some getting used to (you can't just throw it in to the corners!), but overall I'm very happy with my purchase. I went for the Scala SE - I didn't think that the additional equipment on the SE L was "must have", and the thick sidewalls on the 16" seem to smooth out the ride.

Happy to answer any other questions you might have!

@sparckzero This is really helpful, thank you so much for taking the time to share this. I think we are pretty settled on the Scala. We will also be going with the 1.0 engine, it's pretty amazing what they can squeeze out of a 1 litre these days, my first car was a 1.4 Litre Vauxhall Nova and, even on a good day, I think it managed about 50 BHP.

No problem!

I've got the 1.0 DSG which is extremely smooth, although it's taking some getting used to. Perfect for gliding around town, and is much more composed on the motorway compared to the Fabia.

I did test drive a 1.0 manual SE last year (before lockdown) and was impressed - the gearbox was very smooth and the car pulls relatively well.

I'm missing the fuel economy from the Fabia (would regularly return 58+ MPG on the motorway), but otherwise I'm very happy.

Hi

I have a SEL DSG with electric drivers seat, it's great for the wife as she has arthritic hands. Comfort wise the Scala is far better than our 3 previous Fabia's and Yeti.

All round our most comfy Skoda to date, let down by the infotainment system.  

Recently got a new Android phone Xiaomi Mi Lte 5g it works flawlessly with Android Auto and Waze, I don't have to use the Skoda Sat Nav abomination. happy bunny  

The standard Scala seats are very comfy with good lateral support.  The range of adjustment to find your ideal driving position is enormous. Lots of adjustment for the steering column too. 

I believe sports seats are an option for the Scala, but I'm not sure they are needed given we're not talking about a hot hatch here!

• 2 weeks later...

One of the reasons I went for the Scala was the seats; I suffer from a bad back and I need adjustable lumbar support, which the Scala has in addition to offering a wide range of adjustment. I had a Fabia a while back and I found the seats to be awful, not lease because they didn't have any lumbar support. 

The 1.0 litre engine (115) is fantastic and more than enough power for the car.

Had my Scala SEL for 1 year, and have been very pleased with the comfort and adjustability of the seats (all manual controls, didn't go for the electric adjustment options)  recently did Central Bedfordshire to Durham and back in a day due to attending a relatives funeral.  4 hours each way with no stops and had no discomfort or fatigue in anyway from the seats.  Very enjoyable drive, and 54mpg for the day with the 115 tsi 6g manual.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have the sports seats - and these are the best seats I've had in any car. Manual adjustment which is fine but they really hug you and you can get a good position and lumbar adjustment.

seats.jpg