New Skoda owner

CDPIOW

I was a little unsure when ordering as my last one a MK3 was grey and found it a little dull tbh, I always liked Race Blue but up until the MK4 seemed very common colour but it doesn't seem this way so far on MK4 

Covid-19 rules in UK (well, England) state that we must stay at home apart from essential journeys, such as grocery shopping, or going to work if we can't work from home. Going out for a drive for the sake of it is not permitted. 

Edited by just music

29 minutes ago, just music said:

Covid-19 rules in UK (well, England) state that we must stay at home apart from essential journeys, such as grocery shopping, or going to work if we can't work from home. Going out for a drive for the sake of it is not permitted. 

im uk too but nothing says you cant go for a drive as your in ur car, your allowed to drive to go exercise and stuff

1 hour ago, Matmacka said:

im uk too but nothing says you cant go for a drive as your in ur car, your allowed to drive to go exercise and stuff

That's true but you're not allowed to go for a drive for the sake of it, see:

You can exercise with one person from another household in an open public space.

You can continue to exercise alone, with one other person or with your household or support bubble. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.

26 minutes ago, Jmagee said:

You can drive for an essential journey to the shop though.

The key point is that any journey has to be for an allowed reason - exercise (once a day and staying local), shopping, caring for someone or going to work (if you can't work from home), so going out for a drive 'for the sake of it' is NOT allowed. That means that matmacka's statement that " I carry on using my car as no rules against it in your local area" isn't correct, as every time you go out in your car it has to be for an allowed reason.

I may be more keen than most on helping people to comply with the regulations after having spent time in Intensive Care with Covid-19 in January - during which time the doctors told me that there were 3 days when my condition wasn't improving and it was 'touch and go' whether I would be leaving the hospital feet first in a wooden box :blink:

Edited by PetrolDave
  • Like 2

I know you can drive to the shops but we have a linear driveway and because I'm always in my partners cars always in front of it. I have driven to exercise a couple of times but it's not quite the same is it, just trying to do my bit by following the rules for now.

• Like 2