Send a journey to a MY21 Kodiak (SEL model)

Hi all,

I’m have it a dreadful experience trying to use many of the ‘features’ of the new Kodiaq.

I think (but don’t know how to be certain) that we have the Columbus MIB3 Infotainment unit.

My Skoda app works and I can create the journey there, getting to the option to send it to the vehicle and receive the attached screenshot.

The problem is that there is no “Skoda Connect” section on the Infotainment system (that I can find).

Is there anyone that can help please.

I’m actually trying to get most of the Personalisation features working and failing miserably, to the point that my local dealer are putting their hands up, saying that the information coming to them from Skoda Tech is also unhelpful.

3342D470-E5AB-4E68-A8F5-4F46D7F88C13.jpeg

I am sure it sends it to the cars satnav and it will be under the house button on the satnav, the screen with lots of increasing circles with an arrow in the middle.

On mine it appears as a destination with coorodinates not a name.

Edited by Billywizzo

6 hours ago, Billywizzo said:

I am sure it sends it to the cars satnav and it will be under the house button on the satnav, the screen with lots of increasing circles with an arrow in the middle.

On mine it appears as a destination with coorodinates not a name.

Thanks Billywizzo. 

I just tested this on my vehicle and nothing arrives on the Satnav screen you mention, other than the searches I do on the Infotainment directly. 

Out of interest, do you have MIB3 too? If so, are you using the on board eSIM or are you tethering to your phone for data?

I have the MIB3. 
I was a little while ago I did it so I will try it again and send something to my car and let you know how I get on.

Have you had the dealer activate Skoda connect so you can use all the options like lock and unlock the car, just wondered if that needs to be done.

49 minutes ago, Billywizzo said:

I have the MIB3. 
I was a little while ago I did it so I will try it again and send something to my car and let you know how I get on.

Have you had the dealer activate Skoda connect so you can use all the options like lock and unlock the car, just wondered if that needs to be done.

Thank you.

Yes, the dealer has activated it.  I just checked and the unlock/lock of the vehicle works from the app perfectly.

I don't have mib3, but I was just looking at a YouTube video, and it looked like Connect might be in the SmartLink option on the menu. I don't know, but might be worth a look.

Just tried it again but cannot find the route I sent to the car via the connect app.

No idea how it worked the last time I did it but no luck this time.

I tried sending more than one route via the connect app to the car, but nowhere in the car Nav system or any other system, including smartlink option as suggested, could I find it.

Maybe someone else knows how to do it or where to find it.

56 minutes ago, Billywizzo said:

Just tried it again but cannot find the route I sent to the car via the connect app.

No idea how it worked the last time I did it but no luck this time.

I tried sending more than one route via the connect app to the car, but nowhere in the car Nav system or any other system, including smartlink option as suggested, could I find it.

Maybe someone else knows how to do it or where to find it.

Thanks for trying... Exactly the same here. 

Tried sending again (multiple times) and searching the Smartlink and Nav optioned. Nothing getting to the car. 

I tried on both ESIM and tethering data connection to see if the car would retrieve the route.

Fingers crossed someone else has it working. 

I have MY20 with Columbus (not sure if its MIB3 or not) but it works perfectly using this process

1. Use MySkoda app to create route. Optionally name it. Send to car

2. Once in car, start Navigation

3. Select "My Dests" from the lower menu bar

4. Car immediately informs me that "1 online destination(s) imported"

5. Select "Display online"

6. Check its the destination you want

7. Go!

If you want to recall an imported destination later, you can 

1. Start Navigation

2. Select "My Dests" from the lower menu bar

3. Select "Destinations"

4. Choose the destination required (they are all saved)

If the destination you want is not displayed, make sure the display is set to "Online dests" in the menu top right (options are Dest. Memory/Favourites/Contacts/Online dests)

One "funny" that I have found...if you are actually in the car with ignition on, the MySkoda app can find a location but seems unable to calculate a route, so there's nothing to send. In the house, it works perfectly every time

1 hour ago, KeithOwen said:

I have MY20 with Columbus (not sure if its MIB3 or not) but it works perfectly using this process

1. Use MySkoda app to create route. Optionally name it. Send to car

2. Once in car, start Navigation

3. Select "My Dests" from the lower menu bar

4. Car immediately informs me that "1 online destination(s) imported"

5. Select "Display online"

6. Check its the destination you want

7. Go!

If you want to recall an imported destination later, you can 

1. Start Navigation

2. Select "My Dests" from the lower menu bar

3. Select "Destinations"

4. Choose the destination required (they are all saved)

If the destination you want is not displayed, make sure the display is set to "Online dests" in the menu top right (options are Dest. Memory/Favourites/Contacts/Online dests)

One "funny" that I have found...if you are actually in the car with ignition on, the MySkoda app can find a location but seems unable to calculate a route, so there's nothing to send. In the house, it works perfectly every time

This is very detailed. Thank you. 

In an aim to establish so, does yours have USB C ports and an eSIM on board? 

Unfortunately, I don't think you have MIB3, since your menus are different to what appears on mine (and Billywizzo's) Infotainment. 

To be completely honest, I'm finding it very difficult to find a definitive source of information which explains the difference between Amundsen and Columbus systems, let alone MIB2, MIB2.5 and MIB3 software...and so are my Dealership! 

6 minutes ago, tuttiweb1 said:

This is very detailed. Thank you. 

In an aim to establish so, does yours have USB C ports and an eSIM on board? 

Unfortunately, I don't think you have MIB3, since your menus are different to what appears on mine (and Billywizzo's) Infotainment. 

To be completely honest, I'm finding it very difficult to find a definitive source of information which explains the difference between Amundsen and Columbus systems, let alone MIB2, MIB2.5 and MIB3 software...and so are my Dealership! 

No USB C and no eSIM. I have a physical SIM in the glove box. But I don't see that the method of data delivery makes a difference...it must be the MY21 vs MY20 that’s the key.

Sorry it doesn't work for you. Are you not able to find any option for online destinations?

My system display is totaly different from yours.

I definitly don't get that destination import screen, any online destination options or the lower menu bar that you have, must be due to being an MIB3 system.

Wish they had stuck with the older sysem to be honest.

Edited by Billywizzo

22 minutes ago, KeithOwen said:

I just tried again to make sure I imagining it...

Screenshot_20210307-161114_MyKODA.jpg

20210307_161447.jpg

I just tried again to make sure I imagining it...

Good to see the screenies to see how it should work. 

I can confirm I'm in the same place as Billywizzo...different menus on screen for MIB3, which doesn't work. 

I to have been trying to set a route using the MySkoda app.  My car is a week old and I've been quite busy "playing" with the various options of the Infotainment.  I assume that MySkoda has been loaded correctly on my phone as it seems to be talking to the car, displaying the state of the car security and what journey I may have done.  Like tuttiweb, I have made up a route on the phone which then offered the button to load to the car.  When I check the car it tells me there are no routes downloaded.  Has this something to do with the fact that the app states I should be online to upload to the car?   I recall seeing the Wifi option in "settings" but shied away from it as there was a message which said the eSim would be disconnected. 

My car is an SE with the optional Amundsen unit installed.  I am beginning to feel that this is another thing that Skoda have played around with and messed up just like the entering of Postcodes which is not as good as my previous cars Amundsen unit.   

I sometimes get this on mine, but only when I am actually inside the car.  Inside the house it seems to work fine, at least for every route I've tried so far.

The car does not need to be online when you send the route - it clearly goes to some central server. But you need to be online to receive the route once in the car. Is the little globe icon showing? On mine it sometimes shows red at first, then goes white - I assume this is the car making the online connection via the SIM.

My car was online when tried it, was even connected to the house wifi on one attempt but cannot get any route I setup either on the app or the connect website to transfer to the car, or at least find it in the car nav system even though the app and web site both say sent to car.

I have asked Skoda on Twitter and will see if they have any idea on where it is or how to get it to work

The MIB3 in the 2021 cars is a massive mess compared to the earlier MIB2 system.  Who ever designed the menus was certainly smoking something..

• 3 weeks later...

Went out to the car today and when I started it it had message about a destination I had sent to it with the option to cancel or use it.

It was one I had sent a week ago to see if it was working but it didn't show up then, but it did today.

When I got where I was going today, I sent another destination to the car from the app and when I got to the car it was on the screen so it looks like it works now, at least for my car.

Not had any notifications of any updates to the car recently.

IMG_5173.JPG