Kodiaq Boot Dimensions

Hi, I'm looking to swop the octi for a Kodiaq but finding it difficult due to lockdown to find a dealer that I can visit to get the info I need. Can anyone tell me the height from the boot floor in a 7 seater up to the underside of the luggage cover, the width of the boot both between the wheel arches at the rear of 2nd row of seats and at the opening/bumper end measured on the floor and also the length from back of 2nd row of seats to opening/bumper.

Thanks, David

4 hours ago, chesneyville said:

Hi, I'm looking to swop the octi for a Kodiaq but finding it difficult due to lockdown to find a dealer that I can visit to get the info I need. Can anyone tell me the height from the boot floor in a 7 seater up to the underside of the luggage cover, the width of the boot both between the wheel arches at the rear of 2nd row of seats and at the opening/bumper end measured on the floor and also the length from back of 2nd row of seats to opening/bumper.

Thanks, David

Hi.

The min. boot width when opening the hatch is 1m.

The distance from the 2nd row in it's rear-most position ( remember they're sliding seats ) is 1.04m

The height from the floor to the cover?  Well at it's lowest point which is the housing for the cover mechanism which sits directly behind the 2nd row seats is 405mm.  If you're looking for the distance from the floor to the cover material, it's 445mm.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Kenny R said:

This might help..

These stats that manufacturers and especially reviewers love to quote always make me laugh - it's as if they're playing a game of Top Trumps. The reality is, the info is about as much use as a fart in a spacesuit. Other than someone who wishes to fill their car with ball-bearings, a gas or liquid, I and many other want to know if my chest of drawers, or golf clubs will fit.  I had to visit the refuse tip today, when I was gathering the boxes of rubbish, I never once thought " I wonder how many litres of crap I have here" :D

These days you really need to dig deep to find out any useful information. 

When you buy a house and your wondering if your 3 piece suite and dining room table will fit, they quote a room size in feet or cm, the don't quote it in litres. Why should the boot of a car be any different? It's just one of the many things that annoy me when I've got nothing else to get annoyed about :D  

Edited by Guest

Cheers Kenny R that's exactly what I was looking for. Could only see volume in litres in your earlier post. Needed to check whether mine and the wife's golf clubs, electric trollies , overnight bags etc. etc. will fit in under the luggage cover when in 5 seat mode. (and Scot5 for height to cover). Your right Scot5, there are more important things to size than how many litres and it's all too easy to get annoyed in lockdown. :biggrin:

49 minutes ago, chesneyville said:

Needed to check whether mine and the wife's golf clubs, electric trollies

You'll be able to have a weekend foresome with room to spare in 5 seat mode. :D  

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Kenny R said:

Take it you missed this picture with useful sizes in my post then..

E23711AF-2AF3-4D1A-9110-120F56B2C5A1.jpeg

Slightly better but still misleading. In the quest to make themselves out as the biggest, they only give the maximum dimensions. I'm not running out to the car to check ( it pouring rain up here ) , but that 1380mm width may be only 200mm high at best. The 1080mm is from the base of the rear seat to the centre of the plastic trim. The rear seats are at an angle and hatch slopes back. That 1080mm length could well be 750mm under the luggage cover. Yeh, might be useful to someone who's thinking about turning the rear of the car into an aquarium, but after carefully studying that photo and confidently heading off to IKEA, there might be a few expletives when trying to load that flatpack wardrope. Granny or grand child #2 might have to travel on the roofrack on the way home.  :D

Those dimentions would be useful in a box shaped van, but misleading for a car with hardly any straight lines. The only thing that's 1080mm long that would fit in that boot is the tape measure itself. :D

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

What's even worse with that photo is they give the maximum dimentions then it's misleading.  I'm not running out to the car to check ( it pouring up here ) , but that 1380mm width may be only 200mm high at best. The 1080mm is from the base of the rear seat to the centre of the plastic trim. The rear seats are at an angle and hatch slopes back. That 1080mm length could well be 750mm under the luggage cover. Yeh, might be useful to someone who's thinking about turning the rear of the car into an aquarium, but after carefully studying that photo and confidently heading off to IKEA, there might be a few expletives when trying to load that flatpack wardrope. Granny or grand child #2 might have to travel on the roofrack on the way home.  :D

Those dimentions would be useful in a box shaped van, but misleading for a car with hardly any straight lines. The only thing that's 1080mm long that would fit in that boot is the tape measure itself. :D

Hi Scot5, realise they are maximum dimensions but it gives me something to compare with the Octavia's boot. Don't go getting wet!!! Cheers

@chesneyville Just to add to the other posters helpful information above, I changed to the Kodiaq from an Octavia VRS estate and interestingly the OEM Octy rubber boot mat fits almost perfectly when rotated 180 degrees in my 7 seat SEL, so aside from the small side pieces it’s almost the same footprint. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the info guys. Just been and compared sizes to the Octavia boot and there isn't a great deal of difference, in fact the octi boot is 560 high to underside of parcel shelf compared to 445 in the Kodiaq, which for me is important so that I can stand the golf trollies up in the back. So not only is the Octavia a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing it's also a Tardis!! Looks like I will be sticking with it for now, although might have to look at a mk4 when leasing prices have come down a bit.

Thanks again, David

19 hours ago, chesneyville said:

Thanks for all the info guys. Just been and compared sizes to the Octavia boot and there isn't a great deal of difference, in fact the octi boot is 560 high to underside of parcel shelf compared to 445 in the Kodiaq, which for me is important so that I can stand the golf trollies up in the back.

The main difference, of course, is that the 7-seater Kodiaq boot is partly occupied by two folded-up seats.

I just measured the vertical height below the centre of the cover on the 5-seater: 680 mm.

Indeed, the IKEA run or the Tip Trip is the true measure of a car’s carrying capacity :biggrin:

I’m not a golfer so cannot advise on bags and trolleys.

When I moved house a few years ago I did see another IKEA customer sending family members to the nearest bus stop.

And it was entertaining to see folk removing items from boxes to try and squeeze things in to smallish cars.

At the time, my Superb estate easily gobbled up a 1/4 ton of assorted boxes.

I reckon the Superb estate has more floor area than the Kodiaq, but the Bear has proved “adequate” for my current needs such as 3 builder sacks of hedge cuttings. And managed 6 internal doors one day.

Self catering holidays are normally what see me brim full at departure.

07D53914-AC78-4FC0-8E53-EDAD1F608C04.jpeg

3BBD3525-08D7-47AA-8EAE-0A7ED1FBBD0B.jpeg

Hi DaveMiller, unfortunately the lease I was looking at was for the 1.5tsi SE L DSG which unfortunately is now only available in 7 seat. To be honest I would hardly ever use the extra seating but lease deals on lesser spec 5 seaters are a lot dearer. My main requirement is that I can get everything in the boot and it is out of sight from prying eyes as I sometimes have to park overnight with it full of expensive golf equipment.