Fitting 9J Wheels

Hello guys, as the title says I would like to fit new set of wheels on my hathback 2014 octavia, more specifically 225/35/R19 on 9J rims, ET 33.

The wheels are VW “Savannah” model

Is it gonna fit on stock suspension?Thank you!

2C06996B-069B-4C99-84D3-88434D9D5717.jpeg

The standard 19" rims on the Octavia MK3 are 7.5Jx19 ET51.

The outside edge of the rim on 9Jx19 ET33 rims would be about 37mm further out on each side of the car. That's 74mm or almost 3" wider. It might be difficult getting through 2metre width restrictions without kerbing the rims.

The edge of the 225/35R19 tyres will stick out 18mm more, so might stick out of the wheelarches.

9J is stretching the 225/35R19 tyres to the max...although maybe that's the point. 235/35R19 tyres will give a far harder ride on 9J rims than on 7.5J rims.

The rims will be very exposed to kerbing damage.

Edited by Carlston

Ye what Carlston said. 

Having said that, anything is possible, you only have to watch the custom car programs. 

Alot depends on how far you want to go, rolled arches, body kits etc. 

??? 🤔 

• 5 months later...
On 17/03/2021 at 13:28, fane87 said:

9J ET 33 rims from vw touareg

;);) 

D30D656C-4C7E-4495-BBF6-968B4060B1A8.jpeg

33FA0A29-6300-4F5E-AFF3-59C3BC26CD18.jpeg

Jeezus fane87: Could you please talk us through what Tyres, arch modifications and anything else you needed to do in order to get those monster wheels to fit??? 

6 hours ago, GordoGT said:

Jeezus fane87: Could you please talk us through what Tyres, arch modifications and anything else you needed to do in order to get those monster wheels to fit??? 

Hello,

no mods necessary.
- Tyres 225/39/19 bridgestone potenza-> best with 215/35/19

- no arch modifications.

- Suspension: bc racing br coilovers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fane87 said:

Hello,

no mods necessary.

- no arch modifications.

Wow!

Do the wheels rub/interfere with the arches at all when driving? They look really close.

I'm guessing the suspension is fairly firm. Or just plain solid. :D

1 hour ago, EnterName said:

Wow!

Do the wheels rub/interfere with the arches at all when driving? They look really close.

Only on front fender, but that was solved with heightening the coilovers 5-10 mm. 

• Like 2

On 20/08/2021 at 09:39, EnterName said:

Wow!

And the suspension is one of the softest ones one the market. Is height and damping adjusted. And the best part is that the height is not compressing or decompressing the spring. Is just adjusted from the damper itself. The comfort remaines the same even if it is lowered or heightened. 

On 20/08/2021 at 06:16, fane87 said:

Hello,

no mods necessary.

- no arch modifications.

Thanks fane87 for letting us know what it takes to get those wheels on.

That looks very impressive, but those tyre stretches look (to me) quite severe? Maybe not for everyone?

225 35 19 on 9j.jpg

215 35 19 ON 9j.jpg

9 hours ago, GordoGT said:

Thanks fane87 for letting us know what it takes to get those wheels on.

That looks very impressive, but those tyre stretches look (to me) quite severe? Maybe not for everyone?

225 35 19 on 9j.jpg

215 35 19 ON 9j.jpg

It's not too severe, but also as you say not for everyone.

I remember many an argument on here years ago when I was running 195/40/17 on an 8.5j rim and 185/35/17 on a 7.5j rim on my mk1 fab vrs . . Never had any problems at all. . Once did a 500 mile round trip in a day on them too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vrs'burks said:

It's not too severe, but also as you say not for everyone.

I remember many an argument on here years ago when I was running 195/40/17 on an 8.5j rim and 185/35/17 on a 7.5j rim on my mk1 fab vrs . . Never had any problems at all. . Once did a 500 mile round trip in a day on them too.

The rubber is not that streched. It is fine. You can run daily or long trips with no problem, even on circuit. They don’t come out of the wheels, if that is your concern 😊 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fane87 said:

The rubber is not that streched. It is fine. You can run daily or long trips with no problem, even on circuit. They don’t come out of the wheels, if that is your concern 😊 

I'm not concerned, i used to run such a set up on a daily car with no problems at all. . 

I was replying to @GordoGTwho thought the ones in the pictures was quite severe.

👍