8x18” alloys

195/50R16 tyres on 6Jx16 ET35 rims will increase the front and rear track by 22mm compared to the ET46 offset, reduce the unsprung weight, and reduce the drag...thereby making the car go faster.

18" tyres are better suited to a car that uses bigger outside diameter tyres such as the Octavia.

I've seen Fabia MK3s driving about on 215/45R16 tyres fitted to 7Jx16 ET46 rims and the front and rear track looks too small, ie. the wheels on the same axle are too close together.

Edited by Carlston
  • Confused 1

I've seen a few Fabias running 18 inch alloys on Instagram.  8j alloys will fit, however you will need a relatively low ET, or alternatively you can always use spacers.  I have my Fabia lowered with the standard 16 inch monte alloys with 215/45/16 tyres, however the front is running 15mm spacers and the rear is running 20mm spacers to widen the track and have the wheels fit flush to the arches.  With 18 inch alloys, you'll need to use 215/35/18 tyres i believe, which is a very low profile, and with coilovers that may make for an uncomfortable ride.  That being said, 18s will be fine as long as you avoid rough roads and potholes.

5 hours ago, TheFozzy said:

...The wheels fit flush to the arches...

The reason manufacturers don't fit wheels flush with the wheelarches, is so the sides of the car don't get quickly coated with dirt from the road.

I tried this once, and the first journey down a wet A road coated the outside of the car in muck. The car had never been so dirty, and this was after just a couple of hours driving.

The same applies to bicycles. If you don't have mudguards that are significantly wider than the tyres, you and the bicycle will get very dirty...and very quickly.

Edited by Carlston

8 minutes ago, Carlston said:

The reason manufacturers don't fit wheels flush with the wheelarches, is so the sides of the car don't get quickly coated with dirt from the road.

I tried this once, and the first journey down a wet A road coated the outside of the car in muck. The car had never been so dirty, and this was after just a couple of hours driving.

The same applies to bicycles. If you don't have mudguards that are significantly wider than the tyres, you and the bicycle will get very dirty...and very quickly.

I have mudflaps so it hasn't made much of a difference to me, but if you want 8j alloys, they will have to stick out more to fit.

4 hours ago, Boyscout said:

Thanks. I found a pair of Audi S1 alloys 7,5x18” et39,5 i’m gonna try on. These are lightweight wheels. 

9DB0C7DB-30FD-46E8-8BE8-13335BB806E7.jpeg

Keep us posted, I was looking at 18s with a similar offset.

Keen to know if they scrub or not

Edited by stevob21

3 hours ago, Aviii said:

image.png.b986825d5f50f700175f50125786320f.pngimage.png.2abfb57859bf151298d7a1615a6e2cd5.png

Had 7.5j et35 on mine

How did they go?

I've been looking at ones with the exact specs as yours (not the same wheels).

Did they cause scrubbing issues and also, how much was your car lowered?

On 01/04/2021 at 18:03, stevob21 said:

How did they go?

I've been looking at ones with the exact specs as yours (not the same wheels).

Did they cause scrubbing issues and also, how much was your car lowered?

They've been alright to be fair, I only had them on for a little while though. 

I've got a 35mm drop on the front and I believe 45mm on the rear, I went with the Eibach Pro Kit and Koni orange dampers, got no issues with scrubbing with them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. 
found som other Audi S1 wheels. Got ghem wraped in Hancock tires friday and coated with Carpro Dlux. However my coilovers maybe got a little to much comfort. They cratch the top screw on the innerfender. I maybe have to drive a little higher

C5BEF41F-FB78-44F3-B1FE-F8EBCCB4C30A.jpeg

739E60BB-F353-4FD5-8D9B-CE96893B9B38.jpeg

1CDA3D5D-DC6A-4784-8453-AAD664433423.jpeg

50406D7F-E435-4927-ADBE-51CDC5E7C002.jpeg

On 25/04/2021 at 19:29, Boyscout said:

Hey guys. 
found som other Audi S1 wheels. Got ghem wraped in Hancock tires friday and coated with Carpro Dlux. However my coilovers maybe got a little to much comfort. They cratch the top screw on the innerfender. I maybe have to drive a little higher

My fabia is lowered by 75mm and I have 20mm spacers on the rear, with 15mm on the front.  I also have this issue with the wheels rubbing against the arch liner and these screws.  The best option is probably going to be bending the mounting points upwards for the arch liner to move the mounting points out of the way of the tyre.  The other option is to remove the arch liner and cut off the mounting points and you wont have to worry about rubbing.

• Like 1